If/When we sign a FA TE, who's most likely

I don't think they have the cap space to waste on a high-price proven FA tight-end.  I'm going all in on Knox for 2021.  If they can get Cook or Reed on a 1 year cheap deal I'm fine with that. Kroft, Smith. and Gilliam combined for 16 receptions all year.  Any street FA or mid-low round draft pick can replace that.  

Save the cap space for the lines.  Don't make it more complicated than that.  

5 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I don't think they have the cap space to waste on a high-price proven FA tight-end.  I'm going all in on Knox for 2021.  If they can get Cook or Reed on a 1 year cheap deal I'm fine with that. Kroft, Smith. and Gilliam combined for 16 receptions all year.  Any street FA or mid-low round draft pick can replace that.  

Save the cap space for the lines.  Don't make it more complicated than that.  

Agree, I’m putting my money on a signing like Tyler Eifert.  While he’s had  injury concerns throughout his career, so hasn’t a guy like Kroft, and I think Eifert would generally be considered an immediate upgrade at probably a similar price tag.

I haven’t seen a lot of people mention Dan Arnold, but he’s the most likely addition, in my opinion.

Given that the Bills need a RG, RT, and WLB (not to mention reinforcements at EDGE and CB) and are going to be cap-strapped, I don’t see them paying big bucks for one of the top two or three TEs on the market.

I also think they are willing to give Knox one more year to prove he can be “the guy”, since injuries and COVID and lack of offseason all hurt him this year. All the “Knox can never be a TE1” talk is overkill, in my opinion. He’s an elite athlete for the position who has flashed major playmaking ability. He needs to improve his consistency and stay healthy, but I believe he still has top tier starter potential.

Arnold will be a quality red zone option, will not take reps away from Knox, and likely won’t cost a lot. I see Knox, Arnold, mid-late round draftee, Gilliam, and hopefully a healthy Tommy Sweeney.

Edited by Logic