If/When we sign a FA TE, who's most likely

TE is a position that takes a long time to develop in the NFL from college. It took Ebron a long time to become a TD machine the past few years. Heck, Pettigrew, didnt even pan out. I don't want to give up on Knox. He's super athletic, but he's still learning. He can't block and is prone to drops, although it was better this year. Lee Smith is most likely going to retire. Out the following list of FA or players that most likely will be cut, who do you think makes most sense with salary cap and age in mind:

Jonnu Smith

Zach Ertz

Kyle Rudolph

Gerald Everett

Hunter Henry

Dan Arnold

Jared Cook

Jordan Reed

For me I think it comes down Everett, Smith, or Arnold. They are vets, but still young with not a lot of injury history. Cook, Reed, and Ertz are old or have injuries and Henry is too expensive.

Who does everyone think is a reasonable signing both money wise and skills wise?

I think they're going to look for a complete TE. Probably not an athletic freak, someone more all around. I think Rudolph obviously is going to peak their interest. 

They could move away from Knox but I think they stick with him as the Move TE and find another more in-line TE. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

I don’t think they’ll throw the kinda cash it’ll take to get most of those guys. 
Jordan Reed might be the best shot cause of his injury history he’s not gonna get a great contract. Maybe Cook after he had a rough time in New Orleans.  Everyone else is probably getting a decent deal. The only real shot is if someone wants to play here and is willing to take less or a prove it deal. I can’t see Beane throwing 5-7 million at most of those guys. Not that they aren’t worth it but just not sure it’s a priority with where the team is at. 

41 minutes ago, BeastMode54 said:

TE is a position that takes a long time to develop in the NFL from college. It took Ebron a long time to become a TD machine the past few years. Heck, Pettigrew, didnt even pan out. I don't want to give up on Knox. He's super athletic, but he's still learning. He can't block and is prone to drops, although it was better this year. Lee Smith is most likely going to retire. Out the following list of FA or players that most likely will be cut, who do you think makes most sense with salary cap and age in mind:

Jonnu Smith

Zach Ertz

Kyle Rudolph

Gerald Everett

Hunter Henry

Dan Arnold

Jared Cook

Jordan Reed

For me I think it comes down Everett, Smith, or Arnold. They are vets, but still young with not a lot of injury history. Cook, Reed, and Ertz are old or have injuries and Henry is too expensive.

Who does everyone think is a reasonable signing both money wise and skills wise?

Rudolph and Hunter Henry.

• Eyeroll 1

If we don’t snag some of our other FA targets, maybe Henry would/should be the way to go. 

Being that they still haven’t given up on Knox, it would probably be Ertz tho.

Edited by The Governor

One guy who I think could be a good trade and is young is OJ Howard.  He has one year left on his contract, and the main guys there are Brate and Gronk.  If the Bucs really want to keep Godwin and Barrett, that’s a lot of $.  Howard was supposed to take the next step this year when he was hurt.  He’s not injury prone, just had an injury this year.  He’s shown flashes in previous years, but there is only one football and they have Evans, Godwin, Brate, Gronk, and AB.

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

One guy who I think could be a good trade and is young is OJ Howard.  He has one year left on his contract, and the main guys there are Brate and Gronk.  If the Bucs really want to keep Godwin and Barrett, that’s a lot of $.  Howard was supposed to take the next step this year when he was hurt.  He’s not injury prone, just had an injury this year.  He’s shown flashes in previous years, but there is only one football and they have Evans, Godwin, Brate, Gronk, and AB.

Just interested in what you want to trade for him?

They only have 1 more year of control ( at a cost of $6m) so I would rather keep the pick and pay a FA this year...

Or maybe draft Tremble

Edited by Aussie Joe

4 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

I just read a post about Rudolph so I'll go with him.

Given I saw this cut coming he's my number two TE target since the end of the season (behind Cook).  Of course my name isn't Brandon Beane so it doesn't matter.

Thirty-one isn't ancient and the Vikings run heavy offense held him back.  Hunter or Jonuu would be nice but they're pry going to get overpaid.

2 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Just interested in what you want to trade for him?

They only have 1 more year of control ( at a cost of $6m) so I would rather keep the pick and pay a FA this year...

Or maybe draft Tremble

Joe, I’m not sure what they would want, but no more than a late round pick.  He’d benefit from a lot more playing time.  As far as the list above, as much as I like Henr, he costs too much.  Jonny Smith would be nice, but he too probably will cost too much.

I believe Ertz, Rudolph and Cook are the most likely. Older guys who can be a #1 option for 1-2 yrs and really help Knox develop his game overall and his confidence can build back up being in more of a complimentary role.

6 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I'm not sure who they'll ultimately pick between he and Brate (I assume Gronk is a lock to return), but if they're willing to move one of the two for a Day 3 pick, I'm all in. I'd prefer either one of them over any of the free agent options out there.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BeastMode54 said:

Jonnu Smith

Zach Ertz

Kyle Rudolph

Gerald Everett

Hunter Henry

Dan Arnold

Jared Cook

Jordan Reed

😲 NoloveforGronk😲

(Sarcasm)