Future Buffalo Bill Kyle Rudolph

1 hour ago, BillsDude said:

Great Question. Let's not get er done, until we know. If Beane ever would considers such a signing anyway, I feel he needs to get Kyle and Diggs' input if they have great relationship, so as to not otherwise disrupt team chemistry. I do not assume they got along, as personalities can clash on teams, and especially if that team was not winning or if a player left that team in a way that team may not have fully liked.

Rumor on Twitter is that he thinks Diggs is a b***h for whining and leaving but there’s no telling. I’m sure you’ll see the story floating around. One of the Podcast guys had it.

Edited by The Governor
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Idk..I think the Bills want a game changer at tight end. Don’t think Kyle Rudolph is that guy.

You only get those players by drafting them and being patient. Which means our best hope for a game changer is Knox next year. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

13 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

You only get those players by drafting them and being patient. Which means our best hope for a game changer is Knox next year. 

Yeah. If Knox doesn’t work out, there isn’t much we can do. If they feel our window is the next 3 years we can’t really draft another TE. 

just ask the Detroit Lions. Didn’t they draft top 10 TE’s 2 or 3 years in a row and not one of them was impactful in their time with the team. 

Any upgrade for us would have to be a FA.

3 minutes ago, The Governor said:

Yeah. If Knox doesn’t work out, there isn’t much we can do. If they feel our window is the next 3 years we can’t really draft another TE. 

just ask the Detroit Lions. Didn’t they draft top 10 TE’s 2 or 3 years in a row and not one of them was impactful in their time with the team. 

Any upgrade for us would have to be a FA.

I'm hoping they don't go spend a lot on a TE. Build up the lines, find a CB opposite Tre. 

Depends on the price. He isn't what he was but if he came cheapish, great.

Minny has definitely cut his snap counts a bit the last couple of years.

In 2015, he played 83% of their snaps, then in 2016, 92%, then 83%, then 88%, then in 2019 78% playing 16 games, then last year missed the last four games to a foot injury, but he didn't miss 75%, he missed 57%.

We'd be well-advised to manage his workload but they'd probably want to do that often anyway. 

Still caught 81.3% and then 75.7% of his targets, which were two of the three highest percentages of his career (the second-highest was 2018 at 78.0%). Probably threw shorter than usual to him, with those high percentages. Worth noting. He got his highest Y/Target last year but I'm betting that's a bit of a statistical fread based on a fairly small number of catches, 28, and targets, 37.

Sure, again depending on the price.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I'm hoping they don't go spend a lot on a TE. Build up the lines, find a CB opposite Tre. 

I could see a scenario where we miss out on other FA’s and just grab a TE to save face a bit. I wouldn’t hate it but I definitely don’t want to spend on one that we’re not absolutely sure has a few years left and can help with Josh’s development. It’s risky. 

5 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

The exact kind of player that the Bills need at TE. Red zone weapon, great hands and strong blocker. He’s not in the Gronk, Kittle or Kelce category, but he’d be a great guy to plug in and teach Rambo as he learns how to use his physical gifts.

He knows how to use his physical gifts he just needs to learn to hang ON to the damn ball 

10 minutes ago, The Governor said:

I could see a scenario where we miss out on other FA’s and just grab a TE to save face a bit. I wouldn’t hate it but I definitely don’t want to spend on one that we’re not absolutely sure has a few years left and can help with Josh’s development. It’s risky. 

TE is a position where it's rare to find an impact player in free agency. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

"Only" is a bit strong. The Raiders got Waller off the Ravens practice squad. Kittle got 515 yards his first year and 1377 in his second. 

But yeah, draft and develop for a while is maybe the commonest way to get a good TE, and you're probably right about Knox being our best hope for a game changer this year.

Edited by Thurman#1

3 hours ago, Logic said:

Didn't he talk his way off the Vikings because he refused to take a pay cut and was frustrated with lack of usage?

Are we willing to pay him $9 million and give him the starting job?

Yeah.  Here's some of what he said.....

"I've had multiple opportunities to get to free agency and it's never been appealing to me because I don't want to be anywhere else but here," he said. "I wanna be on the first team that wins [a Super Bowl] here. With that being said, I want to be a reason why we win the championship, I don't want to just be a swing tackle."

“[A restructured deal] is not going to happen," he said. "I feel like I have a lot of good football left. At 31, with how I feel physically, knowing what I can still do. It’s simply a lack of opportunities. In the past I was the one getting red zone targets. I can’t sign up for that again.”

It's difficult to tell if he's more about the money or a chance to have a meaningful impact on a Super Bowl contender.  If it's the former he might take a little less to play here if the Bills want to go in that direction.

5 hours ago, Logic said:

Didn't he talk his way off the Vikings because he refused to take a pay cut and was frustrated with lack of usage?

Are we willing to pay him $9 million and give him the starting job?

As opposed to Sir-Drops-Alot?

There's an article on PFT that is talking about David Njoku (sp?), that mentions that Browns HC Stefanski, and Rudolph, have a good relationship. Browns can cut Njoku at no cost. Rudolph might be up on their list of replacements, due to his relationship with Stepanski, which was from 7 years together at the Vikings.

23 minutes ago, Buddo said:

There's an article on PFT that is talking about David Njoku (sp?), that mentions that Browns HC Stefanski, and Rudolph, have a good relationship. Browns can cut Njoku at no cost. Rudolph might be up on their list of replacements, due to his relationship with Stepanski, which was from 7 years together at the Vikings.

I can confirm that Rudolph would prefer to go to Cleveland and play for Stefanski.  That would mean the Browns parting ways with Njoku.  I’ve been down ion Njoku due to poor blocking effort and drops.

Last season he improved in both regards though.   He was actually pretty good blocker and though he played less than in the past - about a third of the offensive snaps - his drop rate fell to 8%.  He’d be our “Y” TE and leave Knox in line, but I’d be good with the Bills making a reasonable trade for him.  Something conditional in 2022 that’s contingent on him signing a LTD here makes sense.  Browns would get a decent pick if he works out and stays or a late rounder if he doesn’t. 

Oh, and I’d be down with Rudolph on a reasonable deal too.  Knox to Y.