Texas Joseph Ossai highlights.

Is he LB or DE? He was lined up hand in the dirt alot.  Also, my God highlight reels do all these fun graphics and audio, how hard could it possibly be to highlight the player presnap so I know exactly where Im looking at? Dude lined up at LB, and at L and RDE.  Worst part of watching film, especially on DL

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Is he LB or DE? He was lined up hand in the dirt alot.  Also, my God highlight reels do all these fun graphics and audio, how hard could it possibly be to highlight the player presnap so I know exactly where Im looking at? Dude lined up at LB, and at L and RDE.  Worst part of watching film, especially on DL

He's definitely a DE in McD's system, and McD also values position flexibility. 

Are his 5 sacks a year enough production to warrant taking him in the 1st? 

• Like (+1) 1

Tough to say too much from that small tape, but i like what i saw.  He is projected in the 1st?  DEs feel alot like QBs in the draft process to me.  Almost have to take a gamble on a guy with 1 or 2 years production and hope it translates. Theres not alot of 10sack guys coming out in the draft, so alot of question marks.  If Beane feels comfortable taking a DE in the first ill be thrilled, as I dont see him over reaching to fill a position of need.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Rk_Bills86 said:

Is it just me or does he look stiff. He's got the size, speed, and power, but from the video it seems like he has no bend. He actually looks a lot like Shaw Lawson in that film except maybe "longer"?

Yea it is part of the reason I think a 3-4 is his natural fit where he can win with angles a little more. As a 4-3 D-End matched up directly across from an NFL tackle I'm not sure he has the flexibility or the technical refinement at this stage (he has basically only played outside for a year) to win consistently. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

He’d look good in a Bills’ uniform.

Sorry but we will need that first pick for our RT. Williams will be getting big money that we can’t afford. We need a RT more than a LB. Do we not remember how bad it was when we had journeyman RTs before?? 

4 hours ago, Locomark said:

Sorry but we will need that first pick for our RT. Williams will be getting big money that we can’t afford. We need a RT more than a LB. Do we not remember how bad it was when we had journeyman RTs before?? 

Ford was drafted not that long ago to play RT and that worked out wonderfully. I'd rather they pay Williams (who has proven he can play extremely well) then risk on a late 1st round pick. And yes, they can pay him if they want to. 

On 3/2/2021 at 6:25 PM, GunnerBill said:

I think he is a raw but high ceiling guy. I have him as a much more natural 3-4 guy though. Most effective from a 2 point stance. 

Baltimore, Green Bay and Tampa all 3-4 teams late in round 1 are in play more than Buffalo.

Mr.  GB:

I saw a mock recently that had the Bills drafting Zavon while JOK was on the Board.  What thinking would go into that preference?  

The hesitation about JOK being a tweener?   The need to replace Milano?  

1 hour ago, CNYfan said:

Mr.  GB:

I saw a mock recently that had the Bills drafting Zavon while JOK was on the Board.  What thinking would go into that preference?  

The hesitation about JOK being a tweener?   The need to replace Milano?  

If I may, JOK 6’1” 215; Zaven 6’4” 260. Both can move. Would prefer bigger option 

Edited by Solomon Grundy

52 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

If I may, JOK 6’1” 215; Zaven 6’4” 260. Both can move. Would prefer bigger option 

Collins is really athletic for his size, but JOK moves way way better than him. They're two completely different linebackers.

13 hours ago, Gambit said:

Ford was drafted not that long ago to play RT and that worked out wonderfully. I'd rather they pay Williams (who has proven he can play extremely well) then risk on a late 1st round pick. And yes, they can pay him if they want to. 

JOK. Every time.

I don’t think that we’ll be drafting Ossai or Ojulari.  Both ideally OLB in a 3-4.  Same with Hamilcar Rasher and Quincy Roche

One of my crushes Ronnie Perkins, is likely in that same boat.  Just not heavy enough.