Kyle Van Noy cut by MIA, should Bills target him?

I really think this is exactly the type of acquisition that would be perfect for this team. Team captain, leader, winner, plays hurt & tough, now with an axe to grind with your main competition ( fins), brings an Lorenzo type vet presence , can prob get good deal as fins still paying him several mil next year.  Why not move Edmunds to Milanos position and then let van noy bring his leadership to the front 6/7 ? 

Yes the draft is good for lbs, but not with NFL experience ( esp given covid protocols), already a proven leader, already with knowledge of two in division rivals, and this is a potential win/win for the Bills. Fill a need at rivals expense, frees up our choice of use for 1st round pick, and this guy is definitely a process type guy. I would take him way before Watt ( whom I correctly predicted would take money before “ potential “ SB team) to toughen up our run D   We can fill need to cover TE with better nickel / 3 rd safety addition thru the draft. This is a value cap casualty type pick up with huge experience IN THE DIVISION, and that’s why this addition is so much better from an intangibles standpoint that watt could have ever been. Do a one year or so deal and this would be a great addition IMHO!   Beane , first time I will say this, GET ER DONE!  This is a unique opportunity, don’t pass on this. 

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, BillsFan1988 said:

I watched Bills Dolphins week 17 game a couple days ago . Man did Bates put this kid on his arse a couple of times. Ryan Bates welcomed him to the Buffalo pancakes house. 😂

He had a nice sack early.  He didnt get his full back to a player during the punt return though and ended up on his butt then too.  Then the game got away from them and he was a non-factor.

19 hours ago, dneveu said:

He had a nice sack early.  He didnt get his full back to a player during the punt return though and ended up on his butt then too.  Then the game got away from them and he was a non-factor.

I agree it was late 3rd & early 4th quarter on the 2 pancake blocks by Bates and the game was out of hand but Van Ginkel and Wilkins looked to be still playing hard on those plays and he still got destroyed. 

With that being said I wonder if there's a spot on this line for Bates as a starting option . I know he graded out very well in his limited action from last season and it was on a limited playing time but he looks the part out there. I realize he has limitations with his short arm length but some lineman are able overcome that limitation and have strong careers. I hope Mcd and Johnson give Bates every chance to be a starter next season whether it's at RT, G or C find a spot for him. 

Edited by BillsFan1988
Left something out

On 3/2/2021 at 2:02 PM, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Yes definitely we should go after him, minus the game against Buffalo he played really well and I’m surprised they’re giving up on him. Call me crazy but this move screams they’re going to go all out for Watson. They’re trying to create cap space but they’re gutting the team in the process. Really stupid on Miami’s part. 

The over paying for multiple players is what was stupid, they are just dealing with the situation now.

Flores is known as a leader or men, and to have Van Noy chuck him under the bus will get players' attention.  Not in a good way either.

FA is going to be weird, and I'm thinking that a few players are going make a killing early on.  Then once the teams with cap to burn have spent it, all the remaining players will be available at bargain basement rates.  I don't see anybody else paying him 10 mil/yr this offseason, so that will probably include Van Noy if they want to kick the tires.