6 Dr. Seuss Books Won't Be Published for Racist Images

T&C

Had no idea, although I haven't read one in many years or read one to a child lately.

https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/news/2021/03/02/6-dr--seuss-books-won-t-be-published-for-racist-images

BOSTON (AP) — Six Dr. Seuss books — including “And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street” and “If I Ran the Zoo” — will stop being published because of racist and insensitive imagery, the business that preserves and protects the author's legacy said Tuesday.

“These books portray people in ways that are hurtful and wrong,” Dr. Seuss Enterprises told The Associated Press in a statement that coincided with the late author and illustrator’s birthday.

“Ceasing sales of these books is only part of our commitment and our broader plan to ensure Dr. Seuss Enterprises’ catalog represents and supports all communities and families," it said.

The other books affected are “McElligot’s Pool,” “On Beyond Zebra!,” “Scrambled Eggs Super!,” and “The Cat’s Quizzer.”

Let's start burning books by liberals. No pictures so we can't judge what images are offensive.  Any image of Hillary, Obama, Biden and Pelosi are offensive to me. Ban them!

Edited by Wacka

The decision was made by the Dr. Seuss Foundation, who are the owners of the books. 

There's 45 Dr. Seuss books, now 39 are going to be for sale. 

The conservative backlash to this is almost as funny as as the conservative demands to bring back Mr. Potato(e) Head's penis so they can play with his spud... (Mr. Potato(e) Head never had a penis, dummies.) 

In an unrelated new story, Super Man is an alien from another planet, he isn't a white anglo saxon. But the conservative backlash to the idea that there is going to be a black Super Man is hilarious. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

The decision was made by the Dr. Seuss Foundation, who are the owners of the books. 

There's 45 Dr. Seuss books, now 39 are going to be for sale. 

The conservative backlash to this is almost as funny as as the conservative demands to bring back Mr. Potato(e) Head's penis so they can play with his spud... (Mr. Potato(e) Head never had a penis, dummies.) 

In an unrelated new story, Super Man is an alien from another planet, he isn't a white anglo saxon. But the conservative backlash to the idea that there is going to be a black Super Man is hilarious. 

Links ?

Reading is hard for you.............we ALL know

Links........with an "S"

The conservative backlash to this is almost as funny as as the conservative demands to bring back Mr. Potato(e) Head's penis so they can play with his spud... (Mr. Potato(e) Head never had a penis, dummies.) 

In an unrelated new story, Super Man is an alien from another planet, he isn't a white anglo saxon. But the conservative backlash to the idea that there is going to be a black Super Man is hilarious. 

"Oh, The Books We Liberals Won't Let You Read"

101091843.jpg

Edited by B-Man

6 minutes ago, 716er said:

Just checked my liberal city's library (Buffalo!) website and I am able to check out all 6 banned books today.

What gives? Were they not banned?

That's funny because the CCP bot that I had installed into my cerebral cortex has scheduled a Dr. Seuss book burning event into my Google Calendar for this Friday! See you at the book burning, comrade!

13 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

That's funny because the CCP bot that I had installed into my cerebral cortex has scheduled a Dr. Seuss book burning event into my Google Calendar for this Friday! See you at the book burning, comrade!

See,

You almost have the sarcasm down

Good work.

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

See,

You almost have the sarcasm down

Good work.

Sarcasm is an artform, and one of the principles of its effective use is that it actually comes across as sarcasm.

51 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

If you were smart you'd play the angle that Superman is actually an illegal alien, but most CCP bots can only perform 1 task. 

Edited by Tenhigh

46 minutes ago, 716er said:

Just checked my liberal city's library (Buffalo!) website and I am able to check out all 6 banned books today.

What gives? Were they not banned?

It might be some sort of trap to see who checks them out.  You see these far-left liberal PhD do-gooders are crafty and sneaky little twits.  They can find out what "racists" are checking out and reading them and then take the appropriate action to enforce their strict absolute moral code.  Is it just me that finds their behavior, while offensive and annoying, also comical in many ways? 

They waste all their time and energy meddling and getting into all kinds of things that don't produce anything.  If they are disappeared overnight they world wouldn't notice any difference the next morning with the exception of dealing with less BS.  Its like large number lawyers and lawsuits.  The reason we have so many lawsuits is because our universities are graduating so many lawyers.  They all need work so the generation of lawsuits no matter how frivolous is necessary for the creation of employment for all of them.  Like water seeking its own level.  In the case of the wokesters they have all kinds of useless degrees like gender and women's studies, and sociology.  What business that produces real good and services needs to hire a lot of them?  None!  So we get all these unemployable and useless graduates running around looking under every rock and behind every tree for some social evil.  And presto, they keep finding them.  This little moral and ethical quest keeps them all busy.   

• Vomit 1

5 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

If you were smart you'd play the angle that Superman is actually an illegal alien, but most CCP bots can only perform 1 task. 

JJ Abrams is rebooting a black Super Man. He's clearly an advanced CCP that can handle more than one task at a time. 

7 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

It might be some sort of trap to see who checks them out.  You see these far-left liberal PhD do-gooders are crafty and sneaky little twits.  They can find out what "racists" are checking out and reading them and then take the appropriate action to enforce their strict absolute moral code.  Is it just me that finds their behavior, while offensive and annoying, also comical in many ways? 

They waste all their time and energy meddling and getting into all kinds of things that don't produce anything.  If they are disappeared overnight they world wouldn't notice any difference the next morning with the exception of dealing with less BS.  Its like large number lawyers and lawsuits.  The reason we have so many lawsuits is because our universities are graduating so many lawyers.  They all need work so the generation of lawsuits no matter how frivolous is necessary for the creation of employment for all of them.  Like water seeking its own level.  In the case of the wokesters they have all kinds of useless degrees like gender and women's studies, and sociology.  What business that produces real good and services needs to hire a lot of them?  None!  So we get all these unemployable and useless graduates running around looking under every rock and behind every tree for some social evil.  And presto, they keep finding them.  This little moral and ethical quest keeps them all busy.   

Get any Q drops lately? 

2 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

JJ Abrams is rebooting a black Super Man. He's clearly an advanced CCP that can handle more than one task at a time. 

Get any Q drops lately? 

Dr. Suess bad, teaching 6 year olds about Trannies and forcing them to participate in gender reversal role playing, good! 

5 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Dr. Suess bad, teaching 6 year olds about Trannies and forcing them to participate in gender reversal role playing, good! 

Nobody said Dr. Seuss is bad. The Dr. Seuss foundation is going to stop selling a few of his less popular books that have racist depictions in them.

Then they are going to re-release them with updated pictures to try to sell copies of titles that no one has bought in decades. 

But this is as good a reason as any get your panties in a bunch and declare war! Kill the liberals for burning books! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Do you prefer Reynold's tinfoil or go with the store brand? 

1 minute ago, 716er said:

Do you prefer Reynold's tinfoil or go with the store brand? 

Wow.  That one really stings.  And is so original.  Is that one they teach in the handbook to use when you can't find anything intelligent to use in countering somebody else's views?