Free Agents We Should Be Looking At

Fans debate each off-season over LBs, DTs, and Safeties, but using cap dollars there is not going to result in W's like it will making Allen better.

That's just where the NFL is now, but people want to pursue balance on both sides of the ball?  Why?  Allen is the way you win now and so long as you can rush the passer on defense.  All this talk about lower positional values signings is just that. 

If there's any balance this team needs, it's a running game that complements the passing game.  And I'd start up front before falling into the new narrative about drafting yet another RB.  This off-season remains a discussion about how they continue making Josh the centerpiece and giving him everything he needs to succeed. 

21 minutes ago, The Governor said:

Yeah. I don’t think there’s any reason to think Star can still play. That’s another hole. 

he might be able to, but I agree, we can't count on it.  If he shows up and balls out, then it's a bonus.  

1 hour ago, BuffaloRebound said:

What’s so special about Vrabel?  His defenses have been poor in Tennessee.  And coming from Belichik and O’Brien tree, I can’t imagine he’s a player friendly coach.   

Tennessee plays hard. His players give 100% that’s part of the reason they’ve been successful with lesser talent than some other teams. I’m not a big Vrabel fan but the guy gets the most from his players. 

2 hours ago, aristocrat said:

kj wright would be an interesting look for milano replacement. 

I like this idea. Had a very productive year last year. Plenty of gas in the tank left. Come in and start day 1. Half the money as Milano on cap too. 

10 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

I think we def need interior help.  Even if Star comes back, you've gotta question the guys passion (he took the year off because he'd get paid anyway), and what shape will he be in?  That said, I agree we should focus FA on Edge.  I think the draft is decently deep in space eating 1T.  Ideally, I'd grab a 1T in FA and the draft.  

I'm fine with drafting a DT  this year as Stars eventual replacement either in 2022 or 23 as is low cost now.  But I look at it for 2021, they have Star and maybe they keep either Jefferson or Butler plus Oliver, Phillips, and Zimmer on cheap deals.   That leaves either four or five DT without drafting someone depending on whether they keep/cut both Jefferson and/or Butler. 

Ideally they draft the guy maybe mid round, then someone steps on his toe or something in training camp so they can stash him on IR for a year to avoid any numbers issues.

8 hours ago, The Governor said:

Yeah. I don’t think there’s any reason to think Star can still play. That’s another hole. 

There's no reason to think he can't.  He had the year off so should be fresher than he's been in years.  And he'll be able to get the vaccine so that won't be an excuse.

22 hours ago, The Governor said:

We are way lacking in talent. The process can only get you so far. We need 3 or 4 great players added to this team. How?

The team in the AFC Championship is "way lacking on talent"

ok

20 hours ago, The Governor said:

I truly believe this team has been over performing and I’m worried that it won’t last.

We need the best FA DE we can find, draft the best LB available and even trade back up for a RB if need be, and call it a day. I’m also worried about Star.

Go back and take a look at strength of schedule for the bills last year.....then come back and apologize

12 hours ago, The Governor said:

I really just don’t see it. I think the offense was obviously playing over their heads and the coaching did a great job of hiding the lack of talent on defense. I lived in Carolina all of those years and there’s no resemblance at all. 

Who is the Julius Peppers of this defense? Who is the Charles Johnson of this defense? Those D lines were absolutely dominant. We don’t have ANY of those pieces. I would send BOTH of our LB’s packing tomorrow. We aren’t close on defense at all if the model is Carolina.

I think a few posters here recently hit it right on the head. We don’t just need an edge guy. Those Carolina defenses had outstanding pressure and sacks coming from up the middle.

Go back and see where we ranked in pressures compared to the rest of the NFL....then come back and apologize again.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, The Governor said:

My GF and I are both UNCW alums and have a soft spot for Beane, but man, we really need to get this off-season and draft right with surgical precision or I fear we could take a substantial step backwards next season.

Your posts get worse with each another every passing one.   The reason why Beane needs to be on it is if he doesnt draft right draft picks MIGHT NOT MAKE THE TEAM because of the talent already on the roster.

This team was literally one of the top 4 teams in the league last year.....with no running game and a declined defense....stop and think about what you are saying.

13 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Your posts get worse with each another every passing one.   The reason why Beane needs to be on it is if he doesnt draft right draft picks MIGHT NOT MAKE THE TEAM because of the talent already on the roster.

This team was literally one of the top 4 teams in the league last year.....with no running game and a declined defense....stop and think about what you are saying.

I’ll let him know you’ll be running the draft this year.

I figured the “built-in” excuses would come late night. OMG guys, did you see all of those “pressures” we had this season?

Pressures? 

We did all of this “without this and that.”

Well, isn’t that the problem? You’re not supposed to be “without” a bunch of things. That usually means that your team has a bunch of holes.

I don’t remember them announcing that we’d be rolling with a “declined” defense. In fact, everyone said the defense would be improved. 

Edited by The Governor

7 minutes ago, The Governor said:

I figured the “built-in” excuses would come late night. OMG guys, did you see all of those “pressures” we had this season?

Pressures? 

Well, isn’t that the problem? You’re not supposed to be “without” a bunch of things. That usually means that your team has a bunch of holes.

I don’t remember them announcing that we’d be rolling with a “declined” defense. In fact, everyone said the defense would be improved.

Send your resume to OBD... :rolleyes:

51 minutes ago, The Governor said:

I’ll let him know you’ll be running the draft this year.

Great come back you sound like a two-year-old

15 minutes ago, The Governor said:

I could be in charge of hanging motivational signs around the locker room. My first one will read, “It’s all about the pressures.”

The only thing you would be charge of his handing out the towels and that’s a maybe

34 minutes ago, The Governor said:

Pressures? 

You don’t need built-in excuse is when you play in the AFC championship game the bills had a great season

Edited by John from Riverside

21 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Not only are we lacking a replacement for Murphy but Jerry isn't exactly young anymore. Who knows how AJE develops?  We almost need 2 edge rushers. I know Ngakoue will cost us but you all saw how Tampa beat KC.

Ngakoue sucks against the run but does force turnovers.  I question if we need to fork over big money for a guy who is fairly one dimensional when there are 4-5 other really good young age pass rushing options on the market this year at a $5-6mil less lower price (Okwara, Carl Lawson, Henrickson) and we will likely need another DE in a year or 2. 

Edited by Locomark

Can you say reunion ??

Would it be cap worthy to bring in Kyle Rudolph now that he has been cut ?

Him & Diggs made quite the pair up nort A .

Sweeney is coming back this season but with Lee Smith likely leaving they can fill a hole not to mention they could clear a bit of cap by releasing Tyler Kroft if needed .

9 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Great come back you sound like a two-year-old

The only thing you would be charge of his handing out the towels and that’s a maybe

You don’t need built-in excuse is when you play in the AFC championship game the bills had a great season

“With patience, comes pressures.”

19 hours ago, BillsVet said:

Fans debate each off-season over LBs, DTs, and Safeties, but using cap dollars there is not going to result in W's like it will making Allen better.

That's just where the NFL is now, but people want to pursue balance on both sides of the ball?  Why?  Allen is the way you win now and so long as you can rush the passer on defense.  All this talk about lower positional values signings is just that. 

If there's any balance this team needs, it's a running game that complements the passing game.  And I'd start up front before falling into the new narrative about drafting yet another RB.  This off-season remains a discussion about how they continue making Josh the centerpiece and giving him everything he needs to succeed. 

If Modon gets a big deal before FA,  Williams is likely the top RT which means he will get $12-14 from a team like Jax and I don’t believe we will pay that. That would be too much spend in our two tackles. That means we will be drafting that RT in round 1 IMO and paying Feliciano or another guard in FA. 

5 minutes ago, Locomark said:

If Modon gets a big deal before FA,  Williams is likely the top RT which means he will get $12-14 from a team like Jax and I don’t believe we will pay that. That would be too much spend in our two tackles. That means we will be drafting that RT in round 1 IMO and paying Feliciano or another guard in FA. 

The Giants are going to sign Williams. They were already looking at him late in the season. That’s what my team employee friend said at least. They’ve been sniffing around him for some time now.

Edited by The Governor

I wonder do the Bills go after someone like the Chiefs Breeland as their Veteran CB this year? The reason I pick him besides I think he is an upgrade over Norman is: a) he comes from a winner and b) he knows everything about the Chiefs receivers and offense and that is important because we need to beat them twice next year. (once to get home field and likely twice to get into a SB) 

2 minutes ago, The Governor said:

The Giants are going to sign Williams. They were already looking at him late in the season. That’s what my team employee friend said at least. They’ve been sniffing around him for some time now.

I heard Jags are going to sign 3-4 OL and have a boatload of cap money and are opening the bank to protect Lawrence.