Pegula’s Selling 716 Restaurant

ChevyVanMiller

2 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

I think they focused on their largest and most profitable investment first. And, yeah, they kept trying until they got that one right.  There’s always luck involved and they made some terrible decisions prior to McD, but they were smart enough to move on quickly from them.  You can’t get lucky if you don’t do that.  IMO their big mistake has been getting involved in so many sports franchises and other investments so quickly.  Too many learning curves that are all big ones.  They’ll do better if they cut back on their active investments and focus on the profitable ones that they are the most proficient and passionate about. 

Pegula has had success with the Bills for 2 huge reasons.

First, he got lucky hiring McDermott, after making a series of bad hires. 

Second, Pegula doesn't consider himself a football expert so he stands back and let's McBeane do their thing.

With the Sabres, it's totally different.  Terry thinks he knows something about hockey so he is constantly meddling with what they are doing.  His wife is running the organization, despite having no experience of any kind doing something like that.

Some believe the Pegulas are the de facto GM right now, with their corporate "yes" man lapdog GM Kevyn Adams only a figurehead.

The utter silence coming from Adams through this disastrous season supports that theory.

I have been saying for a long time now, best Sabres fans can do is hope the Pegulas sell the Sabres to focus on the Bills.  

Sadly, I do think it remains a long shot, but there's always hope.

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.