Texans coaching staff on Watt - bitter or truthful?

54 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t believe it

True or not, the guy let the narrative that his main concern was to go to a team that can win a Championship run wild, then turns around and takes the most cash from a team that did not even get a Wildcard Playoff birth in 2020...

So I'm a little more apt to believe a report like this today than I was yesterday...B-)

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, 716er said:

Bitter

See EJ's pick 6

Not that I agree with this take, but one could make the argument that the Cardinals are closer to being a SB team (Not winner, but team) because they are in the wide open NFC and do not have to go through KC.

And one would be very wrong making that argument.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, nbbillsfan said:

I don't know if this is bitter or truthful.

You can believe me or not, but I have a close relationship with one of the premier NFL agents. What I have been told many times (prior to Watt being cut) is that he is strongly disliked in NFL circles, particularly by other players. I have heard he is a total phony, obsessed with creating an image/resume that does not accurately reflect his person. That he is incredibly self-centered and egotistical. 

Could he have helped our defense, probably, but I won't lose any sleep over not getting him.

The dude gives off the biggest Lance Armstrong vibe since Lance Armstrong.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

1 hour ago, 716er said:

Bitter

See EJ's pick 6

Not that I agree with this take, but one could make the argument that the Cardinals are closer to being a SB team (Not winner, but team) because they are in the wide open NFC and do not have to go through KC.

The Cards have to leap-frog every NFC Playoff team from 2020, including 2 in their Division, and the SB Champs. 

The Bills have to leapfrog KC and the SB Champs who exposed KC...And that's IF TB gets back to the SB next year...

So...B-)

2 hours ago, Buftex said:

I don't know about the football side of it...but he does have a massive ego. 

It felt like The Decision. “I’m going to take my talents to Arizona”. 

I mentioned it elsewhere (and this is from memory, so...) he had 26.5 sacks in the last 5 years. And 16 of those came in one year. That’s about 5/year. You could argue “well, he was hurt”, to which I would reply “yes, he sure was hurt a lot.” I’m glad the FO had the restraint to pass at that price tag. He was all about the money and the attention. I’d have loved him at the right price. That was NOT the right price.  

28 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I will admit that I have sometimes looked at his photographs and had just that thought.

You might get hurt if you use the Lance Armstrong School of Fitness. 

Ohh.....wait............

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

The dude gives off the biggest Lance Armstrong vibe since Lance Armstrong.

Very true, Armstrong like Watt is/was a dick, and all about the money and fame, and pro PED use, during both of their entire careers. The difference is that the pro cycling world looks at Armstrong as a pariah, even though his competition was doping just as much as he was,  the football world on the other hand loves them some PED users, always has always will.

3 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I originally wanted Watt, but the more I think about it, I’m glad we didn’t. It’s not because he didn’t choose us, it’s the whole attitude behind this event. 

I can agree with you a bit on how he's publicized his decision and trying to throw little hints out here and there.  At first it was kinda funny, but in the end it kinda reminded me of Lebron's hour long ESPN show "The Decision".  

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t believe it

I could see it. JJ had a lot of success early 3x DOPY when your accomplished as he is, sometimes guys can get a lil cocky and full of themselves. What gets me is that he said he wanted to play for a contender, but chooses Arizona who didn’t even make that playoffs last year.  So that right there should tell you something about him 

3 hours ago, KOKBILLS said:

True or not, the guy let the narrative that his main concern was to go to a team that can win a Championship run wild, then turns around and takes the most cash from a team that did not even get a Wildcard Playoff birth in 2020...

So I'm a little more apt to believe a report like this today than I was yesterday...B-)

It’s actually a good negotiation tactic if you want to maximize your earnings.  Drive up your price among the lesser teams by getting them to really make it worth it to you to play for them.  “I’d really rather play for the Bills or Bucs so if the contracts are close, then I’m going with one of them.  Oh, how much more did you say?”  Then put our some half truth or total BS about not taking the most money/best contract offer.  Nicely played. 

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 1