Texans coaching staff on Watt - bitter or truthful?

Bitter

See EJ's pick 6

4 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I believe it. Why would you say you are interested in being on a SB team and then proceed to not choose a SB competitive team. He just wanted the money, and I could see those reviews as being true. 

Not that I agree with this take, but one could make the argument that the Cardinals are closer to being a SB team (Not winner, but team) because they are in the wide open NFC and do not have to go through KC.

Edited by 716er
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, 716er said:

Bitter

See EJ's pick 6

Not that I agree with this take, but one could make the argument that the Cardinals are closer to being a SB team (Not winner, but team) because they are in the wide open NFC and do not have to go through KC.

Outside of KC there is no other team I would rather be on than the Buffalo Bills. I’m not even saying that because I’m a Bills fan. Nobody else has a chance to take down KC than us. 

• Like (+1) 2

Probably a combination of both. He was basically saying to the Texans that they weren't good enough for him (or he was better than them) so it's not surprising that they are bitter about it. 

But I also dont think that we will see him get better, or even get close to the level where he used to play.  This was his last chance to get a bigtime contract, and he came out on top, IMO. But I doubt there is a super bowl in AZ's future because of the signing. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Buftex said:

I don't know about the football side of it...but he does have a massive ego. 

I originally wanted Watt, but the more I think about it, I’m glad we didn’t. It’s not because he didn’t choose us, it’s the whole attitude behind this event. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1

7 minutes ago, 716er said:

Bitter

See EJ's pick 6

NFL Champions --- Tampa Bay Buccaneers

• Like (+1) 6

9 minutes ago, 716er said:

Bitter

See EJ's pick 6

They should probably start with their division, where they went 2-4 last season, before focusing on winning the NFC title 🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 10

14 minutes ago, 716er said:

Bitter

See EJ's pick 6

The NFC just B word slapped KC back to the JV. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, 716er said:

Bitter

See EJ's pick 6

There’s three teams better than them in their own division. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I don't know if this is bitter or truthful.

You can believe me or not, but I have a close relationship with one of the premier NFL agents. What I have been told many times (prior to Watt being cut) is that he is strongly disliked in NFL circles, particularly by other players. I have heard he is a total phony, obsessed with creating an image/resume that does not accurately reflect his person. That he is incredibly self-centered and egotistical. 

Could he have helped our defense, probably, but I won't lose any sleep over not getting him.

Edited by nbbillsfan
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5

24 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t believe it

I would have believed this more a few years ago.  He has been called out for freelancing a number of times.  Particularly in 2015 or 2016 I think when the Texans D got off to a very poor start.  I've seen criticisms since that he abandons the playbook to rush the passer and as a result the Texans get scorched against the run.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I think Arizona's 'dry heat' was the deciding factor...

That, and the 23 million clams. 😁

image.jpeg.fb644ccb96fd3b22e290ea531cfc5174.jpeg

That's funny!  I remember that particular cartoon from 40+ years ago.  I believe the next or previous panel said "CLAMS GOT GAMS!" and it stuck with me because I never know what a "gam" was before then. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

So I think there is some truth to the "he did stuff to hurt the defense" because Watt has always been a risk taker. He plays to make big play. But the "he hurt us more than he helped us" is bull. The positive way outweighs the negative. 

Just joining the dots the Texans DC last year was Anthony Weaver a former Bills position coach. Reed's source maybe??

• Like (+1) 1