No Watt? A crazy non interest in Miller? How about Bud Dupree

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Yes to Chandler Jones.....

I know you didn’t have the original comment but why on earth would Arizona cut chandler now? Got to think a huge reason watt chose them was pairing up with Jones rushing the passer. Reddick is probably gone but I can’t see why they’d cut Jones. He’d be a prime restructure guy for their cap. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I know you didn’t have the original comment but why on earth would Arizona cut chandler now? Got to think a huge reason watt chose them was pairing up with Jones rushing the passer. Reddick is probably gone but I can’t see why they’d cut Jones. He’d be a prime restructure guy for their cap. 

Just sayin since we are dreamin

• Haha (+1) 1

The first question in the algorithm should be "Is he healthy?  (Y/N)"

This isn't the year to give out rich contracts to seriously injured players.  I'd argue no year is great for that, but this is a penny-pinching year where the dollar will be stretched to breaking point.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Not sure about Lawson or Okwara to be honest.. although they would be cheaper options...

How about throwing caution to the wind and bringing in Ngakoue? I know .I know ... $15m per year... (minimum)...

Ngakoue completely disappeared after being traded to Baltimore. I think he's a good not great pass rusher yet think will get overpaid for.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Star may be the smallest “space eater” in the history of space eaters and isn’t all that impactful when he’s on the field. We truly need a Ted “Mt.” Washington type. Look at this picture, Sapp was nearly the same size as Star.

AF894F28-C324-4CF6-A287-CBEF731AD2A8.jpeg

I miss big #92 on our DL... Him lined up with Sam Adams in the red, white and blue was a thing of total beauty!

You didn't run on us back then, that's for sure!

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Was Bud one of those contract year phenoms? 

Can Bud produce without Watt on the other side or Heyward being a monster? I’d be more worried he’s a product of mismatches cause they have 2 elite guys in the front 7 which we do not 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

I'm sure Tampa will franchise Barrett again if can't get a long term deal worked out before start of free agency. 

All reports are that Tampa will most likely be franchise tagging Chris Godwin while trying to sign both Godwin and Shaq to long-term contracts. But long story short, Barrett likely will not be tagged.

25 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Can Bud produce without Watt on the other side or Heyward being a monster? I’d be more worried he’s a product of mismatches cause they have 2 elite guys in the front 7 which we do not 

That plus the coverage. Bud has statistically struggled in terms of beating his man 1 on 1; he just racks up coverage sacks/cleans plays up after someone else gets the initial pressure. I wouldn't touch Dupree personally.

Watt was the top option out there IMO, but there's still a lot of good options depending on how much we're willing to spend. Clowney, Leonard Floyd, and Trey Hendrickson are all pretty versatile, being good pass-rushers in addition to being solid against the run. Guys like Carl Lawson or Ngakoue might offer more as pass-rushers but are liabilities in the run game but they still are worth considering.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

All reports are that Tampa will most likely be franchise tagging Chris Godwin while trying to sign both Godwin and Shaq to long-term contracts. But long story short, Barrett likely will not be tagged.

That plus the coverage. Bud has statistically struggled in terms of beating his man 1 on 1; he just racks up coverage sacks/cleans plays up after someone else gets the initial pressure. I wouldn't touch Dupree personally.

Watt was the top option out there IMO, but there's still a lot of good options depending on how much we're willing to spend. Clowney, Leonard Floyd, and Trey Hendrickson are all pretty versatile, being good pass-rushers in addition to being solid against the run. Guys like Carl Lawson or Ngakoue might offer more as pass-rushers but are liabilities in the run game but they still are worth considering.

I’d still bring in Clowney. Maybe even before Dupree. But you would absolutely get destroyed on here for that thought

3 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Star may be the smallest “space eater” in the history of space eaters and isn’t all that impactful when he’s on the field. We truly need a Ted “Mt.” Washington type. Look at this picture, Sapp was nearly the same size as Star.

AF894F28-C324-4CF6-A287-CBEF731AD2A8.jpeg

Star is a DTaint.    Definitely not big or physical enough to anchor as a nose and not athletic enough to be a good 1 tech.

Maybe they can get Dupree on a prove it and sign a more important piece in Tomlinson.

I don't think that Star coming back is the answer at all to adding beef in the middle of the DL.

Just now, njbuff said:

Maybe they can get Dupree on a prove it deal and sign a more important piece in Tomlinson.

I don't think that Star coming back is the answer at all to adding beef in the middle of the DL.

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

I miss big #92 on our DL... Him lined up with Sam Adams in the red, white and blue was a thing of total beauty!

You didn't run on us back then, that's for sure!

It was Pat Williams that you are thinking about.     They formed "the package".    That defense was instantly stout but almost entirely because of Ted Washington.

Pat Williams without a stud run defender was not good against the run.

They added Adams and had a brief run where they were mostly very good but they just didn't have the power or the heart of those Bills DL's of the late 90's.  When push came to shove.......like in the win or go home finale against Pittsburgh....... they got shoved.