No Watt? A crazy non interest in Miller? How about Bud Dupree

Coming off a torn acl in December 2020 or late in November, if I recall. 

I think he could play Jerry's spot, but huge gamble, given he's not a lock to be fully healthy by start of season.

I'd pass.  At some point this team needs to develop their own defensive line and stop signing FAs.  Epenesa, Oliver, and an early selection this yr.  Develop and cut the dead weight (ie Jefferson, Butler, Addisson), and hope Star returns to form.  Then focus on finding 1-2 rotational backups

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Coming off a torn acl in December 2020 or late in November, if I recall. 

I think he could play Jerry's spot, but huge gamble, given he's not a lock to be fully healthy by start of season.

I'd pass.  At some point this team needs to develop their own defensive line and stop signing FAs.  Epenesa, Oliver, and an early selection this yr.  Develop and cut the dead weight (ie Jefferson, Butler, Addisson), and hope Star returns to form.  Then focus on finding 1-2 rotational backups

We have a small window. We need pass rush help now. I believe it’s our biggest need. Even with the ACL injury NFL.com has him as their #12 free agent

8 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

I'd prefer Barrett

A. He’s going to get big money

B. I think he’ll stay in Tampa

WE NEED DL BEEF MORE THAN A PASS RUSH.

Bills were 6th in the NFL on QB Pressures last season.  Out interior DL was pushed around and we frequently lost in the trenches.  

Not saying we can’t upgrade the pass rush, but we don’t have a ton of money to spend, and we MUST shore up the interior line with some size or we won’t see much change in our defense next year.  

It makes everyone’s jobs easier when you have space eaters taking on multiple blockers.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Bills were 6th in the NFL on QB Pressures last season.  Out interior DL was pushed around and we frequently lost in the trenches.  

Not saying we can’t upgrade the pass rush, but we don’t have a ton of money to spend, and we MUST shore up the interior line with some size or we won’t see much change in our defense next year.  

It makes everyone’s jobs easier when you have space eaters taking on multiple blockers.  

We have size assuming Star returns if not am sure Beane will draft a NT type. As let's not forget before we signed Butler am sure we tried to get DJ Reader. I'm sure Beane knows we still have a hole there assuming we cut Butler. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

What is your free agent wish list and/or draft picks (realistic options based on where we pick)?

4 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

We have size assuming Star returns if not am sure Beane will draft a NT type. As let's not forget before we signed Butler am sure we tried to get DJ Reader. I'm sure Beane knows we still have a hole there assuming we cut Butler. 

I am glad Star should be back, but his year off at his age concerns me to wear I’m not sold he can be the solution, although I hope he is.

If we don’t get size in there, I expect more of the same issues on defense is the problem.  So my top priority is the interior line where we got dominated a lot.  

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not against upgrading the pass rush, I’m just way more concerned about getting shoved around in the middle.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Go get Fletcher Cox.  He was still dominant last year and has no injury history.  2 years $33m left on his contract.  Gotta imagine he doesn’t wanna waste his last couple good years in a rebuild situation.  

The Bills are trying to reduce salary because Josh Allen going to get big time money in 2 years. Cox is a nice add but at what cost? A high draft pick that might be cheaper and better long term option. 

18 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I’d like to see a veteran come in and help. Someone like Carlos Dunlap or if cut Chandler Jones. Someone who plays on the line who can rush and help with the run

They gotta get younger at DE...

Now they have missed Watt, I would be in favour of bringing in a guy on his second contract...

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

What is your free agent wish list and/or draft picks (realistic options based on where we pick)?

Draft really depends on FA...especially if Milano leaves.  I think there is a significant chance we go CB or OL round 1.  However, if Milano leaves and we dont sign his replacement, LB becomes a very high priority.  DT or Najee Harris could be in play there too, but I think it’s less likely.

FA/Trades:  I think guys like Leonard Williams, Dalvin Tomlinson, and Shelby Harris will be watched closely by Beane.  I can see us adding a TE as well.  

Im not saying pass rush help won’t be looked at or added, but I think our two biggest issues are size/strength up front and controlling the LOS.  

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Star may be the smallest “space eater” in the history of space eaters and isn’t all that impactful when he’s on the field. We truly need a Ted “Mt.” Washington type. Look at this picture, Sapp was nearly the same size as Star.

AF894F28-C324-4CF6-A287-CBEF731AD2A8.jpeg

Edited by JayBaller10
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

They gotta get younger at DE...

Now they have missed Watt, I would be in favour of bringing in a guy on his second contract...

Carl Lawson likely won't break the bank and has youth on his side yet is he a good enough pass rusher to start? Maybe not if so then Romeo Okwara likely the best young guy out there IMO. Yet he might be out of our price range as with use on his side some team desperate for pass rush could sign him, I could see New England getting him if Patricia liked him in Detroit. 

2 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I'd be happy with Dupree, he would bring help to our pass rush.

I agree as think he could be a replacement for what we lost in LorAx so put him at SLB, keep Edmunds at MLB and play Klein at WLB. 

56 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

Look guys, we need a pass rusher. You guys are weird about Von Miller, I can get it. Let’s go get Bud Dupree 

I am one hundred percent on board with this.    The guy is a fantastic pass rusher, and at 6'5 270 he has the size to play in both odd and even front schemes.     However, the worry about him coming off the ACL is real.   As such, I think you have to be realistic on what you'd offer for him.   Given the injury I wouldnt want the Bills to do over 10.5 a year.   If he gets that and more you let someone else take the risk.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Carl Lawson likely won't break the bank and has youth on his side yet is he a good enough pass rusher to start? Maybe not if so then Romeo Okwara likely the best young guy out there IMO. Yet he might be out of our price range as with use on his side some team desperate for pass rush could sign him, I could see New England getting him if Patricia liked him in Detroit. 

Not sure about Lawson or Okwara to be honest.. although they would be cheaper options...

How about throwing caution to the wind and bringing in Ngakoue? I know .I know ... $15m per year... (minimum)...

Edited by Aussie Joe