Watt to Cardinals (bills were Cardinals biggest competition per report)

To be honest, if he wasn't coming to the Bills, that's probably as good a place as any. Not in the AFC, and probably buried somewhere in the NFC.

38 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Seriously? They are the third best team in their division but for that coin I can see why no one else was going to pay him that 

They may even be the worst team in that division....Rams (way better)....Seahawks (better...even with their issues i am sure they are going to work it out)....SF (better...even with their QB situation all they need is a serviceable QB and on D they have one of those Bosa kids)...and then there is the Cards (a running QB = Lamar 2.0 but not as good and no passing game....they will never make it to the SB much less the Playoffs.  I hope JJ WATT likes watching the playoffs on TV because all those other teams (BUF, GB, PITT, and maybe even the Titans) will all be in the show next year and he will not.

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

A far better coach?  You mean the coach that blew not one, but TWO Super Bowls with terrible coaching decisions?  

What are you talking about? SF almost took the lead with less than two minutes to go. Garappolo slightly overthrew Sanders; otherwise it'd have been six. Regardless, if you're complaining about a coach losing a very close super bowl as opposed to an offensive-minded coach (Kingsbury) leading a team to 19 total points in the final two weeks of the 2020 season when the playoffs were in the Cards' grasp, I don't know what to say.    

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You mean the same Kyle Shannahan that literally blew 2 SB wins with his terrible coaching decisions?  That Kyle?

Klingsbury has a lot to prove still, but Kyle isn’t any more proven and choked on the biggest stage twice.   

This is hot take central, Alpa. And you know I respect you as a poster. Judge the full body of work. 

• BillsMafi$ changed the title to Watt to Cardinals (bills were Cardinals biggest competition per report)
2 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

JJ chased the money. I guess since Arizona made the playoffs last year he feels like they’re close. 

AZ didn't make the playoffs last year

2 minutes ago, BillsMafi$ said:

7DF03887-FCF2-420A-932C-00017F3F5EAF.jpeg

This goes to show that Beane had a price and did not want to overpay someone...he stood by his principles....I respect that

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I was hoping that Watt would sign with the Bills.  He plays a position of need, and was probably the best in the league at that position when younger and healthier.  He likely has enough left in the tank to be an upgrade for the Bills.  That said, the guy clearly went for the cash and not for the ring.  It's his choice.  He won't get a ring with the Cardinals.  Even with the miracle win against the Bills, they still couldn't get into the playoffs.  Their head coach and GM are not very good and their QB, while highly talented, has probably hit his ceiling.  Signing with the Bills would have given him a much better chance at winning a SB, but it would not have guaranteed it, so he opted for the sure thing - $23M in guaranteed $.

I live in AZ now and can't stand Kyler Murray and I'm sure I will soon get tired of Watt's media presence.  Worse off, Larry Fitzgerald, who is all class and a great guy in the media and community, will be retiring soon, so the market will really be stuck with Murray and Watt.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

What are you talking about? SF almost took the lead with less than two minutes to go. Garappolo slightly overthrew Sanders; otherwise it'd have been six. Regardless, if you're complaining about a coach losing a very close super bowl as opposed to an offensive-minded coach (Kingsbury) leading a team to 19 total points in the final two weeks of the 2020 season when the playoffs were in the Cards' grasp, I don't know what to say.    

He called a very conservative offense fist half and left points off the board.  He was heavily scrutinized for how he managed the game, especially the first half, and then for the second time he blew a double digit 4th quarter lead in the Super Bowl.

It's cool. I'm glad he signed so the hoopla around it is over with. I don't care that we were next in line. This just goes to show that Watt was chasing $$$, even at his age and with all he has made, over trying to get a ring. Arizona is not close right now. 

18 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

And how exactly are the Niners better?  

They have a worse QB, most of their best players coming off serious injuries, losing some key members of the defense this offseason, and the Cardinals have a better overall offense.  And after this offseason, a case can be made the Cardinals have the better defense.

AZ defense is easily the second best in the division right now with the potential to be the best defense in that division. 

AZ has a very good offense that is improving each year and can easily finish first or second offensively this year.

Sorry, but people are wrong about the Cardinals prospects next year and if Watt stays healthy, that defense is going to be very good.

I don't trust AZs coach. The other 3 coaches have all coached in the Super Bowl. Kingsbury got fired after having Patrick Mahomes in college

Also they kind of sucked at the end of the year. Their most impressive win was vs Buffalo. After that they lost 3 straight 

They lost to the Lions, Panthers and Dolphins (with Tua) and then finished the season 2-5 with wins over the Eagles and the Giants. 

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You mean the same Kyle Shannahan that literally blew 2 SB wins with his terrible coaching decisions?  That Kyle?

Klingsbury has a lot to prove still, but Kyle isn’t any more proven and choked on the biggest stage twice.   

Kind of loses a little credibility when your complaint about a coach includes the fact he got to the Super Bowl twice.

• Like (+1) 3

I'll never blame any player for choosing a payday over a ring.  NFL careers are short and there's nothing wrong with wanting to make the most of it if you manage to put yourself in a position to earn top dollar.  

But yeah, obviously this was never really about going to a contender.  On to free agency.