Watt to Cardinals (bills were Cardinals biggest competition per report)

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He went there for the 23 mill gtd at age 32. Can’t blame him. It might have been significantly higher than the better teams.  I would love to know what the Bills offered. 

That was the price that leaked a couple of weeks ago. $24m was the number. Cardinals clearly got the closest to it. 

13 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

They’re contenders to make the playoffs.... they don’t crack a list of 10 most likely to play in the SB. 

They are #17 in the SB betting odds right now. 

Winning a SB clearly not a priority for him. Not saying that's right or wrong, he would be kind of nuts not to take that deal from AZ. 

Just funny bc everyone assumed it was. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Rams are the best team in that division and a true SB contender. Then Seattle because they make the playoffs every year. The other two teams have question marks but one is 2 years received from the SB. 

The Rams have a top heavy roster and that’s ripe to be taken out by a moderate amount of injuries. I think they are a good team but their lack of depth is going to be a big vulnerability. 

The Niners can be good but that QB situation can sink them. Seattle is tough but not a juggernaut either.

He seems to catch some hate but I think it’s a genius move on his part. 
Arizona has a pretty darn good defense and he’ll obviously improve it. 
They got the money and I don’t think it’s hurt their chances at adding more pieces. 
Let’s not forget the path to the Super Bowl is waaaaaaaay easier coming from the NFC. 

4 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

I would actually be shocked. Every other team in that division, other than maybe the Seahawks, is better.

And how exactly are the Niners better?  

They have a worse QB, most of their best players coming off serious injuries, losing some key members of the defense this offseason, and the Cardinals have a better overall offense.  And after this offseason, a case can be made the Cardinals have the better defense.

AZ defense is easily the second best in the division right now with the potential to be the best defense in that division. 

AZ has a very good offense that is improving each year and can easily finish first or second offensively this year.

Sorry, but people are wrong about the Cardinals prospects next year and if Watt stays healthy, that defense is going to be very good.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Exactly I thought he wanted to be on a contender. Arizona is not even close to being one. But good riddance honestly, I’m glad Beane didn’t overpay for Watt

Nah, they are close to being a playoff team and 200x closer than Houston. It makes sense, closer to his home, good QB, he knows DHop and prolly got good reports and they paid him well.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

He took the money.  Arizona is not a contender in the least.  And as far as having an elite QB, please.

Lost a lot of respect for Watt in the process.

Were there any actual, direct quote from Watt that said this? Or was that all media/social media user hype and speculation?

I dont remember seeing much from Watt other than he was taking his time.

5 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I am actually relieved after seeing the contract that he signed. 

That is a lot of money that will be better off spent elsewhere for us.

Absolutely true. $23M guaranteed and the ink isn't dry yet? Hard pass. I would have offered $15M guaranteed but that would be it.

• Agree 1