Watt to Cardinals (bills were Cardinals biggest competition per report)

15 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Why cant they contend for a Super Bowl?  They will have a good defense next year and an ascending offense.  If Murray takes another step in his 3rd year like Josh did, they could be a very good team.  Im not saying they are the favorite, but they are a team on the rise as long as one believes in Murray, and most do, including myself, that Murray should get better in his 3rd year.

I think Murray could be a good QB don't think he'll be a great one and I don't believe in there HC guy couldn't win at the College level.

He will be banged up before the season starts.  The guy was the leader of a defense for a team that went 4-12 and gave up a whole bunch of yards and points.  

Everyone says the Texans have a lousy organization.  Well the players are part of that lousy organization that went 4-12 last season.  So maybe Watt and Watson are not as good as a lot want to say, because they were the leaders of a 4-12 team.  All I remember is Watson sitting on the bench crying with a towel over his head after he fumbled inside of the Indy 5 yard line at the end of the game.  That's a hell of a leader-not.  (Don't think Jimbo would have done that)  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

Focusing on and trying to build up the defense is a pointless endeavor, if your goal is to beat the Chiefs in 2021. The Bucs Defense was an outlier - no matter what the Bills do this offseason on Defense, they will NEVER recreate the Bucs 2020 Defense. That would literally take years and years to accomplish. So what is the point? Why even go that route? It's silly. Not to mention - NFL Defense in 2021 is a mirage - it comes and goes, not sustainable. Your defense is only as good as your last game. 

You can improve the DL, improve the LBs, improve the CB2....guess what? The Chiefs are still dropping 30+ against the Bills in 2021, both regular season and playoff game; all your defensive improvements are moot.

So then you are right back to Square 1, exactly where you were in 2020 - needing to outscore the Chiefs, needing to score ~35 points to win.

Focus on Offense over Defense. It's a much wiser investment, because Josh makes everyone on Offense better, so an offensive addition is guaranteed to make an impact. Sometimes your best defense is an unstoppable offense. The Bills just need 1 or 2 extra pieces to be unstoppable offensively - so add those few pieces and finish the deal. If you control the clock + score at will, your defense will just need to be "good enough".

You know the Bills averaged more ppg than the Chiefs in 2020 right

1 hour ago, FFadpecr said:

Focusing on and trying to build up the defense is a pointless endeavor, if your goal is to beat the Chiefs in 2021. The Bucs Defense was an outlier - no matter what the Bills do this offseason on Defense, they will NEVER recreate the Bucs 2020 Defense. That would literally take years and years to accomplish. So what is the point? Why even go that route? It's silly. Not to mention - NFL Defense in 2021 is a mirage - it comes and goes, not sustainable. Your defense is only as good as your last game. 

You can improve the DL, improve the LBs, improve the CB2....guess what? The Chiefs are still dropping 30+ against the Bills in 2021, both regular season and playoff game; all your defensive improvements are moot.

So then you are right back to Square 1, exactly where you were in 2020 - needing to outscore the Chiefs, needing to score ~35 points to win.

Focus on Offense over Defense. It's a much wiser investment, because Josh makes everyone on Offense better, so an offensive addition is guaranteed to make an impact. Sometimes your best defense is an unstoppable offense. The Bills just need 1 or 2 extra pieces to be unstoppable offensively - so add those few pieces and finish the deal. If you control the clock + score at will, your defense will just need to be "good enough".

I disagree with pretty much all of this.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

He will be banged up before the season starts.  The guy was the leader of a defense for a team that went 4-12 and gave up a whole bunch of yards and points.  

Everyone says the Texans have a lousy organization.  Well the players are part of that lousy organization that went 4-12 last season.  So maybe Watt and Watson are not as good as a lot want to say, because they were the leaders of a 4-12 team.  All I remember is Watson sitting on the bench crying with a towel over his head after he fumbled inside of the Indy 5 yard line at the end of the game.  That's a hell of a leader-not.  (Don't think Jimbo would have done that)  

Yeah, but his stats don’t lie. :lol:

Screen-Shot-2020-12-06-at-4.35.12-PM.png

Edited by Rico

5 hours ago, chongli said:

Buffalo (and Cleveland and Green Bay) could not compete against the Phoenix weather, marketability for Watt's "brand", and, most importantly, former teammate DeAndre Hopkins, who convinced him to go to Arizona.

He isn’t worth 31 million dollars that’s the ultimate factor no one was going to pay that...period 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

But yet the Bills were the biggest competition per this same source...

The thing is, there's the total $ value of the contract, and then there's the question how much of it is guaranteed and how is it structured?

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Watt was offered more money as part of a longer contract, or even the same length contract but with less up front or less guaranteed.

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

I think Murray could be a good QB don't think he'll be a great one and I don't believe in there HC guy couldn't win at the College level.

And Josh couldn't win at the college level either...its a mute point.  Just like how guys who won in college have gone on to be terrible in the pros.  

I will judge the HC by what he does in the NFL.  Right now, hes still a question mark, I am just not going to condemn him just on his college record alone.