Watt to Cardinals (bills were Cardinals biggest competition per report)

24 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If the Bills were 2nd in the running that means Beane made a serious offer. So even though this didn't work out I'm positive we'll sign an upper tier pass rusher this offseason. Like how after trying to trade for Antonio Brown he turned around and traded for Diggs. The best Bills pass rusher of 2021 is not on the team yet IMO.

Exactly.

The fact we were in on him means this is just getting started.  

John Brown over AB in 2019 may have saved this franchise and may have sped up Allen's development, who knows.  No one would have expected that the night AB was "traded" to the Bills.  

Things will work out.  

29 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If the Bills were 2nd in the running that means Beane made a serious offer. So even though this didn't work out I'm positive we'll sign an upper tier pass rusher this offseason. Like how after trying to trade for Antonio Brown he turned around and traded for Diggs. The best Bills pass rusher of 2021 is not on the team yet IMO.

Sometimes the best deals are the ones you don't end up making.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

But is it?  Same hot take many had and most Niner fans I know hate Kyle.  Flacons fans still despise him too.  I mean there are countless articles about it, it’s not just my hot take.  Here are hair a couple I quickly grabbed, but there are tons of these.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/nfl/2020/2/2/21119688/super-bowl-2020-san-francisco-49ers-mistakes-kyle-shanahan

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.onlinegambling.com/news/kyle-shanahan-chokes-again-breaking-down-super-bowl-meltdown-2/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thefalconswire.usatoday.com/2020/02/03/atlanta-falcons-san-francisco-49ers-kyle-shanahan-twitter-roasted-super-bowl-54/amp/

Even when he got the job, questions were there because of the stupidity of his Atlanta play calling with a massive 2nd half lead against the Pats.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2691483-super-bowl-debacle-should-give-49ers-second-thoughts-about-kyle-shanahan.amp.html

PS:  And you know I also respect you as a poster, so not being a jerk here, just showing you it’s not just my hot take as you put it

I don’t disagree with your overall premise, but using the opinions of fans from other teams as evidence when it comes to the ability of a NFL HC is kind of odd... there can obviously be questions about his ability but just because he’s being questioned doesn’t make Kingsbury any better. Andy Reid was questioned his entire career because he was notorious for choking in the playoffs... does that bring him down and make him just as good as idk, just throwing out a name... Ken Whisenhunt? 

I mean we have people here saying to can McDermott and Beane. I have Pats fan friends who want Belichick gone... Steelers fans have been asking for Tomlin to be fired for a decade now. Individual fans are incredibly irrational... getting information from a poll of how the fan base feels the coach is doing would be a way better reflection on how he’s actually doing. That way you get rid of all of the noise. 

Shanahan is a better head coach than Kingsbury. The body of work isn’t even close, really. As for the teams, there’s a legitimate argument that AZ is better than SF. I’m partial to the better QB, so Kyler > Garoppolo. But I think San Francisco has more talent across the entire roster than Arizona does. 

9 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Need more than that. Unless we just want to be a playoff contender and nothing more. 

One step at a time.  Keep the faith in Beane.  He has not disappointed so far.

He has to make some cap space and he will find hidden gems in free agency.

Long Live he Process !!!!!

25 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Need more than that. Unless we just want to be a playoff contender and nothing more. 

I agree, Buffalo needs more help on D. Judging by the Watts camps maneuverings through all this I was under the impression the highest $$$ wins and it probably wasn't going to be Buffalo. The Bills being runners up doesn't mean squat.

Other ways to upgrade the D besides J J Watt...

Edited by Figster

18 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

Completely correct.

Watt is one of the most overrated defensive players of our era.

It's why the Houston defense was never a good unit while he was their best player. He made 0 impact on the defense as a whole. He's a "fake production" guy.

He often times broke the integrity of his pass-rush lane to chase personal stats, leaving the defense as a whole vulnerable in the process. This is what that guy means when he says "He does a lot of things that hurts the defense". That is 100% true.

The Bills dodged the JJ Watt bullet. He would have been a huge waste of cap space, and would not have made the Bills defense any better at all.

Bills fans should be really thankful that Watt did not sign with the Bills.

This is false. In 2012, the Texans were second in defensive DVOA. In 2014, they were 6th. In 2015, they were 7th. In 2018, they were 5th. These were all seasons in which he was an all-pro. Also, if you look at PFR's AV (approximate value) stat (akin to WAR), he was the top performer in the entire league in 2012, 2014, and 2015. 

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, FFadpecr said:

The #1 rule of Rushing the Quarterback:

Stay in your designated pass-rush lane. Do not rush too far wide, do not ever go past the QB.

Watt violated this golden rule. Consistently and very often. His "swim move" attempts often times gave the QB too much room in the pocket.

Horrid team player. He's Arizona's problem now.

You might want to do a little research. Just saying. 

• Like (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

Apparently you don't care about Gap Integrity and Team Defense, either.

19 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

The #1 rule of Rushing the Quarterback:

Stay in your designated pass-rush lane. Do not rush too far wide, do not ever go past the QB.

Watt violated this golden rule. Consistently and very often. His "swim move" attempts often times gave the QB too much room in the pocket.

Horrid team player. He's Arizona's problem now.

Found Mario Addison's TBD account. Your job is still safe. For now.

• Haha (+1) 2