Watt to Cardinals (bills were Cardinals biggest competition per report)

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

One, I’m glad he went somewhere in the NFC and also that he’s not a Bill.  I would have been excited for him if he signed here, dont get me wrong, but his cost, age and injury history are a concern plus he doesn’t fill our biggest hole on defense which is beef in the middle of the defense.

We were 6th in the NFL in pressuring the QB last year and second fastest team in NFL in getting to QB behind only Steelers.

But, AZ isn’t a bad choice for him.  That’s a team on the rise that is expected to contend next year.  Defense was solid already and offense is getting better each year as Kyler grows.  

So I wouldn’t say he did it only for the money, I mean warm weather and up and coming team, not mention D-Hop is there.  

Don’t be surprised if AZ wins that division next year.  

The point, and @GoBills808 made it in the shoutbox, is that that NFCW makes your Superbowl road hard. I know San Fran went from that division in 2019 but those 4 teams are all good teams. You are going to beat yourselves up. Arizona could win that division, I agree that is possible.... but if they win it at 11-5 that means going on the road throughout the playoffs. The Buccs just did that, granted, but they got to play the Superbowl at home and they are a real vet team. DHop and Watt apart the Cards are a pretty young roster. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

One, I’m glad he went somewhere in the NFC and also that he’s not a Bill.  I would have been excited for him if he signed here, dont get me wrong, but his cost, age and injury history are a concern plus he doesn’t fill our biggest hole on defense which is beef in the middle of the defense.

We were 6th in the NFL in pressuring the QB last year and second fastest team in NFL in getting to QB behind only Steelers.

But, AZ isn’t a bad choice for him.  That’s a team on the rise that is expected to contend next year.  Defense was solid already and offense is getting better each year as Kyler grows.  

So I wouldn’t say he did it only for the money, I mean warm weather and up and coming team, not mention D-Hop is there.  

Don’t be surprised if AZ wins that division next year.  

I would actually be shocked. Every other team in that division, other than maybe the Seahawks, is better.

Edited by Boxcar

I’m seeing a lot of anger with his decision. JJ made the best decision for himself, I don’t feel dissed by his choice. JJ may have played somewhere around 65% of the snaps in Buffalo. Don’t know how much of an impact he would’ve had as a 32 year old in decline, but for the money he signed for I don’t care we don’t get to find out.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Doubt they win the division next year, they’re the worst team in a strong division 

Are they though?  Season is over, can’t base it on just last year.  

They are already better than Niners.  Rams have a big question mark going to a new QB and how fast he picks up the new offense.  Will he better enough to catapult them to real contender is still a question, not to mention Staffords injury history and the bad Rams OL.

Seattle has a brewing QB issue and potential rift between QB and HC.  I still think Wilson stays, but that Seahawk team wasn’t very good down the stretch and fielded a pretty bad defense.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Lol at all the media quoting “anonymous insiders” who told us for weeks that he had narrowed his choice to a 3-4 teams and never once did anyone mention the Cardinals...

These guys are trying to take educated guesses like the rest of us and just basically making the rest up...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

The point, and @GoBills808 made it in the shoutbox, is that that NFCW makes your Superbowl road hard. I know San Fran went from that division in 2019 but those 4 teams are all good teams. You are going to beat yourselves up. Arizona could win that division, I agree that is possible.... but if they win it at 11-5 that means going on the road throughout the playoffs. The Buccs just did that, granted, but they got to play the Superbowl at home and they are a real vet team. DHop and Watt apart the Cards are a pretty young roster. 

My point is the Cardinals are an ascending team, people here acting like he signed with the Jets.  

Just about everyone believes Cardinals are up and coming and close to being a very good team.  

So for others to say he only cared about money is pretty short sighted evaluation of the Cardinals and sounds more like people mad their target date for the prom went with someone else

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

that division is brutal...

Rams and 49ers are going to be great, but if Seattle does trade Wilson 3rd place might be on the table for Arizona. 

Not sold on the 49ers, their QB situation isn’t that great. The Rams have a lot of issues and lack depth, also not really sure if they have the right QB. Seattle if Wilson stays is tough but not a juggernaut.

Overall that division isn’t this beast many here are making it out to be in my opinion. It is a good division but not insurmountable.

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

My point is the Cardinals are an ascending team, people here acting like he signed with the Jets.  

Just about everyone believes Cardinals are up and coming and close to being a very good team.  

So for others to say he only cared about money is pretty short sighted evaluation of the Cardinals and sounds more like people mad their target date for the prom went with someone else

Do you know who their coach is? He got fired from Texas Tech even after having Pat Mahomes there 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

No I just think it is a bit more nuanced than that. The Cardinals are an ascending team. But tough to win a title when you are running that gauntlet of a division every year. The rest of the conference is weak though. So it is swings and roundabouts. 

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

Not sold on the 49ers, their QB situation isn’t that great. The Rams have a lot of issues and lack depth, also not really sure if they have the right QB. Seattle if Wilson stays is tough but not a juggernaut.

Overall that division isn’t this beast many here are making it out to be in my opinion. It is a good division but not insurmountable.

Rams are the best team in that division and a true SB contender. Then Seattle because they make the playoffs every year. The other two teams have question marks but one is 2 years received from the SB. 

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

31 million?? Yeah he doesn’t give a ***** about a ring lol. Arizona didn’t even make the playoffs last year. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

To be fair, they might have if Kyler Murray hadn't gotten hurt and they could take a leap like we did if Murray takes a leap.