Bills have made JJ Watt’s top 3... per JJ Watt(Edit Not Him)

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Dude is a diva. 

Not even a small part of you enjoys his trolling? I mean, we're all still waiting for the cap number anyway, so FA isn't really in full swing yet and we aren't absolutely desperate for him. I think it's funny, and considering I viewed JJ Watt as kind of a less robotic Russ Wilson before, I find his behaviour endearing and it's making me want him even more.

If he comes here and can be a difference maker not only with his own play but help free up other players on our D by taking on double teams then I am all for it.  I trust Beane will find a way to give him a fair contract for both him and the team.

• Agree 2

Glad he’s getting closer to a decision. 

While I like Stefanski and the direction the Browns are going, I just think that’s the worst landing spot for Watt. I don’t think they’re ready to win a SB this year and 2022, maybe. They played such a weak schedule this year and were extremely inconsistent. A lot of individual players on that team and I can’t see Baker Mayfield out dueling Mahomes or Allen.  

His chances at a SB with Buffalo are better, but still severely limited with KC being the top dog. It would make more sense than Cleveland, but still probably not the best spot to win a SB. 

I think GB is the most logical choice for him, it’s just a matter of if they move things around with the cap. The NFC is a mess. GB has shown under LaFleur they’re going to be damn good in the regular season and they’ve been on the cusp of the SB two years in a row. Epic collapses, but it’s the easiest path IMO. 

Obviously he has other criteria... cap space, culture and supporting cast. 

• Agree 2

Just now, Might Rather said:

I think this gives the Bills a leg up on the others.

I feel strongly that the Bills locker room culture is probably the strongest in the NFL.  I think Cleveland is a crap show... I’ve heard that from people inside there... even under Stefanski. A lot of individuals. Green Bay has great history... they’re a well run franchise... that’s important for culture. 

Supporting cast I’d argue everyone is roughly equal at the moment. Watt would love playing with Garrett... but their defense needs a ton of work. 

I think we have the most pieces and our defense turned a corner in the 2nd half and really until the Chiefs game... honestly all that matters is that Watt is part of the solution to beating KC. I’m cool going like 11-5 or 10-6 this year because we drop games to teams that we don’t match up with, so long as our defense is designed to beat KC. 

3 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Glad he’s getting closer to a decision. 

While I like Stefanski and the direction the Browns are going, I just think that’s the worst landing spot for Watt. I don’t think they’re ready to win a SB this year and 2022, maybe. They played such a weak schedule this year and were extremely inconsistent. A lot of individual players on that team and I can’t see Baker Mayfield out dueling Mahomes or Allen.  

His chances at a SB with Buffalo are better, but still severely limited with KC being the top dog. It would make more sense than Cleveland, but still probably not the best spot to win a SB. 

I think GB is the most logical choice for him, it’s just a matter of if they move things around with the cap. The NFC is a mess. GB has shown under LaFleur they’re going to be damn good in the regular season and they’ve been on the cusp of the SB two years in a row. Epic collapses, but it’s the easiest path IMO. 

Obviously he has other criteria... cap space, culture and supporting cast. 

Aaron Rodgers was good last season, but the season prior he really wasn't that special. Who knows what to expect from him as he ages. Josh Allen is the best bet going forward if QB is one of the most important things to Watt. The Chiefs aren't going to stay good forever, and the Bills are right there, anyway.

If his chances at a SB are limited in Buffalo because of KC, there is still the fact that it would imply KC going to the SB much of the time, so they'd have to beat them anyway. Plus, I think, right now, the Bills are a better team than the Packers, not to mention all the cap space GB would have to clear out. All we have to do, really, is cut Addison and Butler, maybe extend Smoke at a lower cap hit and we can afford him.

Only way he chooses GB, imo, is simply because they are the team he grew up rooting for. I just don't know how much that applies to a guy who's been playing for a different team for so long. Only time I remember it being a real driving force for a highly sought after player was when John Tavares signed with the Maple Leaves, but the Leaves are probably the largest market in the NHL, so who knows.

Watt would be nice to have, but if he signs elsewhere so be it. This isn't the Buffalo from 5 years ago. We have a Franchise QB, a top tier GM, and one of the best coaching staffs in the NFL. The culture here is night and day from Rex's tenure and every other one before it. We don't have to overpay anymore, Buffalo sells itself as a whole when you look at us from top to bottom. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

I feel strongly that the Bills locker room culture is probably the strongest in the NFL.  I think Cleveland is a crap show... I’ve heard that from people inside there... even under Stefanski. A lot of individuals. Green Bay has great history... they’re a well run franchise... that’s important for culture. 

Supporting cast I’d argue everyone is roughly equal at the moment. Watt would love playing with Garrett... but their defense needs a ton of work. 

I think we have the most pieces and our defense turned a corner in the 2nd half and really until the Chiefs game... honestly all that matters is that Watt is part of the solution to beating KC. I’m cool going like 11-5 or 10-6 this year because we drop games to teams that we don’t match up with, so long as our defense is designed to beat KC. 

Well, their best player is a guy who should be in jail for attempted second degree murder, soo...

All Joking aside, last year good offensive lines picked and chose who they would double team against us and that is why our sack numbers were down and holes the size of buffalo's were made. Watt would change this. Make life easier for Oliver, Hughes. More blocks are shed off the line. It makes our LB crew look better because it creates more direct routs to the ball.

He would be a difference maker.