NFL is "highly likely" to have a 17-game regular season in 2021

DJB

4 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Resistance from NFLPA.  I think adding a game is very hard until scheduling issues are under control and full stadiums are possible for all teams.  With expanded schedule is better for NFL to accept starting before Labor Day and extra bye weeks.  Players will be healthier and there will be more possibility of spaces for reschedules.

yeah I agree that an extra bye week makes sense;  rest and recovery first and then it adds flexibility for the Thurs nite scheduling where you can have teams avoid playing on only 4 days of rest and preparation and instead have them play that Thurs nite game coming back from a bye week...and then have the Super Bowl played deeper into Feb where the game is played the night before the presidents day holiday - a Monday, a federal holiday.

• Like (+1) 1

Get rid of all the pre-season games. Quality of play was fine this year.  Teams know 50 of the final 53 before training camp even starts and virtually every starter. Just carry a larger practice squad to fill out the bottom of the roster.  The players are right. They don't need all these OTA's, camps, and preseason games.  They need some but not all of them.  

• Disagree 1

5 hours ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Ugh, probably means the season starts Labor Day weekend.  Wife and I always go camping then.  I was fine with the 16 game season starting the weekend after labor day

The league will end the season a week later rather than starting it a week earlier.

The home/away imbalance is just so silly. It's like watering down the perfect drink with more ice to try to fool your customers into thinking they're getting more.

Edited by QCity

3 hours ago, AmishRifle said:

Not a fan of expanding the regular season.  It’s all about the money at the end of the day.  

you're just realizing this? It's always about increasing revenue....as are most corporations

• Agree 1