Best golf Courses in Buffalo area

Buffalo716

On 3/1/2021 at 10:13 PM, BillnutinHouston said:

Anyone ever try Glen Abbey in Oakville?  Pretty humbling.

There's talk every now and again that the land is too valuable to use as a golf course.  Clublink (the owners) and Oakville were arguing in court last August as to final disposition of the land.

Played Tri-County in Forestville last summer for first time. I thought it was a really good course, especially for the money. Really like Ivy Ridge too.

On the flip side, I hated Arrowhead. Wasn't particularly well maintained and was way overpriced.

Rochester area has a lot of great courses. Blue Herron Hills and Ravenwood are pretty nice.

Edited by dhg
Misspelling
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dhg said:

Played Tried-County in Forestville last summer for first time. I thought it was a really good course, especially for the money. Really like Ivy Ridge too.

On the flip side, I hated Arrowhead. Wasn't particularly well maintained and was way overpriced.

Rochester area has a lot of great courses. Blue Herron Hills and Ravenwood are pretty nice.

Arrowhead was really off last year.. I don't think I heard one person that said something good about it except the people that work there

46 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

I personally don’t think you can match Glen Oak as far as bang for your buck goes with public courses. I play there a couple times per week during the season. I also love Hickory Stick.

I haven't played Glen Oak a lot in a long time.  It always seemed like a great course as long as they don't over water it.  It seemed to get a bit "lush" for my tastes.

One course I haven't seen mentioned -- and I haven't been on it since I was a kid -- is Whirlpool.  I remember that to be pretty good and well maintained.  

Also, Delaware Park was the toughest public course around in my book.

2 hours ago, Rockpile233 said:

I personally don’t think you can match Glen Oak as far as bang for your buck goes with public courses. I play there a couple times per week during the season. I also love Hickory Stick.

Best bang for your buck in WNY is Terry Hills in my opinion.  One of the most fun courses to play and very reasonably priced.  I do like Glen Oak though

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Best bang for your buck in WNY is Terry Hills in my opinion.  One of the most fun courses to play and very reasonably priced.  I do like Glen Oak though

I didn’t think of Terry Hills, I agree it’s another great value. 

Going further out that way, I was in an after work league at Dande Farms a few years back and I grew to enjoy that course. Try to get there at least one Saturday morning in the summer.

41 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

I didn’t think of Terry Hills, I agree it’s another great value. 

Going further out that way, I was in an after work league at Dande Farms a few years back and I grew to enjoy that course. Try to get there at least one Saturday morning in the summer.

I've never played Dande Farms but have heard good things, will have to put it on my list to check out.

On 3/1/2021 at 2:49 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Yea I don't know why I didn't add Lancaster country club to the list!

They are top notch! Have you been?

I live in Lancaster and my son is a junior member at LCC, I mean it is a nice course & I have golfed it many times  but there are much nicer courses in the Buffalo area.  BCC, Park, Craigbyrne to name a few.  

16 hours ago, Rockpile233 said:

Glen Oak was in the best condition I have ever seen it last year.  Nice track.  I usually go to Byrnecliff, I love that course.  

1 hour ago, Gordio said:

I live in Lancaster and my son is a junior member at LCC, I mean it is a nice course & I have golfed it many times  but there are much nicer courses in the Buffalo area.  BCC, Park, Craigbyrne to name a few.  

I have all those on the list already. I never said Lancaster was the best 

Being top notch and the best are completing different.

It just means excellent

Edited by Buffalo716

52 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

You SOB!  I was just gonna post this!  Yet,  something possessed me to read uptrend first!

It's like impossible to do night golf there now 

There's literally a line of 40 people at the first hole waiting to tee off

Buffalo Tournament club has all the right pieces to be a great course.

Every time I play there though it is in such bad shape.

Im talking weeds a foot high in the fairway type rough shape.

But they just built that crazy large new clubhouse. I don't get it.

On 3/4/2021 at 10:42 AM, Buffalo716 said:

I have all those on the list already. I never said Lancaster was the best 

Being top notch and the best are completing different.

It just means excellent

I never said you said it was the best.  

BTW, Lancaster is a decent track but it is not excellent either.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.