2 round line draft

I would absolutely not be upset if this happened

1st - Landon Dickerson - C/OG.  This would be especially important if we did need to give RT Williams a large contract to keep him and have to let Mongo go........slips right in at RG plug and play AND has position flexibility.

2nd - Tyler Shelvin - DT.  We dont know what we are getting with Star after a year off but even if we do Star has a enormous contract.   Love this guys game.

Both of these guys could conceivably be there at these picks so its not unrealistic.   Both of these guys huge and nasty.  We got owned at the LOS in last year's playoffs.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

1st - Landon Dickerson - C/OG.  This would be especially important if we did need to give RT Williams a large contract to keep him and have to let Mongo go........slips right in at RG plug and play AND has position flexibility.

2nd - Tyler Shelvin - DT.  We dont know what we are getting with Star after a year off but even if we do Star has a enormous contract.   Love this guys game.

Both of these guys could conceivably be there at these picks so its not unrealistic.   Both of these guys huge and nasty.  We got owned at the LOS in last year's playoffs.

Think it is high for Shelvin. 1 techs in round 2 is too rich for me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Think it is high for Shelvin. 1 techs in round 2 is too rich for me.

I would usually agree.

We havent been in this situation in a long time.....it is at the END of the 2nd round.  I dont think Shelvin makes it to our 3rd pick.

Would have no problem trading down from our 2nd to take him or moving up into the low 3rd to get him.

I just think these are the types of players we need.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I would usually agree.

We havent been in this situation in a long time.....it is at the END of the 2nd round.  I dont think Shelvin makes it to our 3rd pick.

Would have no problem trading down from our 2nd to take him or moving up into the low 3rd to get him.

I just think these are the types of players we need.

I think there is a pretty good chance he is there for our 3rd pick. 

Shelvin can likely be has for a small trade up in the 3rd, or just straight away at our pick there.

A more appealing DT in round two to me is Alim McNeil. He’s a big run defender who has a bit more + in pass rushing. that being said, he also might mot be worth a second rounder. I’ve heard everything from top 50 to 5th round.

Really that shows some of the big issues with this year - there’s gonna be guys we just don’t have an idea on where they fit in the draft until a team picks them. While this is always the case, it seems more so this year. 

As for Dickerson, he’s my #1 crush this year. I think he’s probably available in the 2nd or with a trade back into the 40’s or 50’s. That being said, he’s the kinda guy that skyrockets up the board down the stretch. Contenders look at him as a plug and play. His ceiling might be lower than some guys, but if you want a instant starter he’s gonna fit and offer a maturity that others might not. So I wouldn’t hate taking him at 30 if we resign DWill. I honestly think we’re in the sweet spot for a IOL anyways, even if we do resign Mongo. I’m fine with someone like Dickerson slotting I’m at LG and Ike, Mongo, and Ford having a battle for RG.

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I would be shy to take a guy coming off ACL injury even at pick 30.  To do that, he better be a top 15 pick without the injury.

If you're going to draft for need, we should draft an Edge in the 1st or 2nd.

And if this year showed anything, it's that Star is worth a lot more than many on here thought. IMO unless he regresses he may finish his contract. Having said that, we could use another big guy in our interior DL over the next few years, to platoon with Star or play next to him on big man downs. And replace him as he ages.

And I'm not an expert on where guys should go, but the big boards I look at all say you're drafting for need with those picks and reaching, and that's about the last thing Beane is going to do.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

If you're going to draft for need, we should draft an Edge in the 1st or 2nd.

And if this year showed anything, it's that Star is worth a lot more than many on here thought. IMO unless he regresses he may finish his contract. Having said that, we could use another big guy in our interior DL over the next few years, to platoon with Star or play next to him on big man downs. And replace him as he ages.

And I'm not an expert on where guys should go, but the big boards I look at all say you're drafting for need with those picks and reaching, and that's about the last thing Beane is going to do.

They definitely should take another 1 tech somewhere. Harrison Phillips was bad most of the year and at the very least should be in a competition for his roster spot in 2020, plus Star hasn't played for a year. Who knows how football ready he is? Would be prudent to have a contingency plan. But not round 1 or 2.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They definitely should take another 1 tech somewhere. Harrison Phillips was bad most of the year and at the very least should be in a competition for his roster spot in 2020, plus Star hasn't played for a year. Who knows how football ready he is? Would be prudent to have a contingency plan. But not round 1 or 2.

This is an underrated story for the offseason that could really screw us over... 

40 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yeah, round 3 or later would make sense to me. 

Edited by Thurman#1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Did you ever get around to looking at Lorenzo Neal Jr/Quinton Bohanna?

Would Dickerson even play at all in the upcoming season after tearing his ACL in January?  I’m all for getting a good player at a bargain point in the draft, but I don’t think pick 30 is a bargain for a guy who would miss much of his rookie year.  Now, at Bills’ 2nd pick I would be interested.

Does anyone have medical reports that say he would be ready for the season?

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

They could do both...

I think a rookie C mid rounds could be on the cards to take over from Morse in 2022

I was thinking in terms of starting this year.  I think Morse is too valuable at center, knowledge/experience wise, and provides continuity, especially for Allen.

1 hour ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Would Dickerson even play at all in the upcoming season after tearing his ACL in January?  I’m all for getting a good player at a bargain point in the draft, but I don’t think pick 30 is a bargain for a guy who would miss much of his rookie year.  Now, at Bills’ 2nd pick I would be interested.

Does anyone have medical reports that say he would be ready for the season?

Touch and go. He could be for week 1 but he will have had no offseason or "live" work in camp.