If any, which player should have their position switched?

Tipster19

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

A.J. Epenesa should be playing on offense as a TE.  He moves well and has the body of TE.  IMO it is harder to find a good TE than a good DE in our scheme.

This is how badly this franchise has abused the TE position: fans calling for poor DE picks to become “good” TEs.

Might as well put AJE in a helmet and space suit and call him an astronaut 

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, nucci said:

any idea if he can catch the ball?

Saw a video of him playing catch in college but he may just been an easy target for QB practice.

As far as I know he has never played offense.

But George Wilson never played defense ... I am not saying he should change position but maybe get some receiving experience would not hurt.

3 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

I will allow the team to make that decision, but Edmunds on the DL is just about the worst idea I have read.  

I am sorry OP - I do not want a freak athlete putting on a bunch of weight to play a position that he is not suited to.  

The biggest complaint is that he has trouble shedding blockers and you want to put him right up against those blockers - just a terrible idea.

🤦‍♂️

Oh you don't want a DL that's never she'd a block in his life 😆😆😆

I would like to see maybe a couple of players tried in a different position . 1st i wouldn't mind seeing what Ed Oliver might be able to do off the edge as a pass rusher just for S**Ts & Giggles .

They say he has a great first step off the line so give it a shot you never know throw in a couple of plays or packages in & see what happens if it's no good then leave him on the line . If nothing else it could cause a opponent to have to react to a different set of players kind of like they do when Dawkins goes out for a pass . 

2nd is Edmunds,  i would like to see used as a OLB some have said he would be a better fit there . They have AJ if he could slide in at MLB (does he have experience there?) again throw a couple of plays or a package out there and see what happens what could it hurt ?

it does work...from the memory banks

lou saban used to do that some back in the day...he moved Ike Harrison from WR to CB (starter) and also moved Bo Cornell from RB to LB (another starter) and local legend Paul Maguire led the country in TD receptions at the Citadel and became an NFL LB-punter and then broadcaster and all of that

Ken Jones was a 2nd round pick (1976) and he switched from DL to OL  = served as a head football coach at LaSalle Senior High School in Niagara Falls fpo several years

We also moved Jason Peters from TE to LT and the rest is history.

We also moved another second round pick (2011) Aaron Williams from CB to safety before he got hurt and had to retire

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Frat-Train said:

I think the guy from “Willow” is versatile enough to play R2D2, Wicket the Ewok or maybe the leprechaun from that awful horror franchise.  That’s versatility you can’t buy, even with a pocket full of Canadian beaver nickels!!!

LOL. He didn’t play R2 though - that was Kenny Baker. But Davis did play Flitwick and Griphook in the Harry Potter movies.

Re: Edmunds - I’ll support whatever the coaches decide. But keep in mind that he’s still younger than a bunch of this year’s draft prospects. He hasn’t come close to reaching his peak. 

Re: anyone else - Reggie Gilliam still looks more like a FB or H-back than a TE to me. I know it wouldn’t impact how the team uses him, but I want his number back in the 40s! Just doesn’t look right in 86. 

Edited by Cash

8 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

The more I thought about it the more I’d like to see Edmunds switch positions. Imo he’ll never be the MLB that this team needs. When you look at his measurable and athletic abilities he’s better suited up on the DL. He is young and and his frame could carry a few extra pounds with no problem. It’s either switch him, keep him or eventually get rid of him and I know that I don’t like 2 out of those 3 scenarios.

thanks coach

4 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I think Duke Williams can play them all.  His uniform number should be 1, and his position in the media guide should be '♾'.

Upon further review, I am all for them booting Tasker, Brown, and Ms. Glab from 'One Bills Live' during the off-season, and let Duke host the show. 😁

5 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Upon further review, I am all for them booting Tasker, Brown, and Ms. Glab from 'One Bills Live' during the off-season, and let Duke host the show. 😁

I do not think Duke will look as effective as Steve in that video.  That was a great video.

• Agree 1