Was there anyone else like Payne Stewart? (NFL related)

Beast

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Plane depressurized.  Everyone asphyxiated.  It then  traveled hundreds of miles with no live souls on board.  Military scrambled jet to intercept.  “Ghost plane” flew til it ran out of fuel.

Saw the "Air Disasters" on this.  Turned out the fresh air valve on the plane malfunctioned.  The pilots would have had about 10-15 seconds to get on supplemental oxygen before motor and cognitive impairment due to hypoxia.  Luckily the plane crashed in an empty field.  A true tragedy.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Plane depressurized.  Everyone asphyxiated.  It then  traveled hundreds of miles with no live souls on board.  Military scrambled jet to intercept.  “Ghost plane” flew til it ran out of fuel.

It was a sad, sickening, horrifying day.  The entire (interested) world watched/listened to it unfold as it happened.  Heavy, to say the least.

He was always one of my favorites.  RIP.

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I wondered that day if they would shoot it down if near populated areas. RIP Payne

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, jlgarsh said:

Not totally related, but: Isn’t Shaq a Bills fan? I’m not 100%, but I feel like on MTV cribs years ago he had a room in his house dedicated to the Bills

Not sure but I know NASCAR driver Kevin Harvick is. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Maynard said:

How is this Bills related? He wore any NFL team colors, dependent on the proximity of the closest franchise.   

I am sorry the way his life ended though......

This is an NFL board with a Bills focus. Not everything has to 100% pertain to the Bills. 

Now you have been educated.

• Like (+1) 3

12 hours ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

I was a big Payne fan! Too bad I never got to see him play live in person. He went out on top with US Open and Ryder Cup that year. But yeah colorful guy and dressed lt up on the course!

I lived in Orlando in the 90s and saw Payne about town a few times at the supermarket, post office and saw him play @ Bay Hill a few times. Also was lucky enough to be at the 1999 Ryder Cup for the big comeback on Sunday and when Payne was so gracious to Colin Montgomerie. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, jlgarsh said:

Not totally related, but: Isn’t Shaq a Bills fan? I’m not 100%, but I feel like on MTV cribs years ago he had a room in his house dedicated to the Bills

This is complete speculation on my part but if this is even true about him having a room dedicated to the Bills it might have something to do with the 90s era Bills in particular because that was around the time he was coming up.  I would have to say Shaq is not a true Bills fan because I feel like we would hear way more about it but he might have a fondness for the Jim Kelly/Bruce Smith/Thurman Thomas days...he might even know some of them personally but like I said I'm just 100 percent speculating.  I don't remember ever hearing this story.  

• Like (+1) 1

Some golfers like Mcllroy, Thomas and other players at the tournament today will be dressing either like Tiger Woods today, or using some similar theme or logos to show respect/love for him, and hoping he gets well. As for players who passed away too early, near the end of their great careers, Thurman Munson, who died in a plane crash too.

• Like (+1) 2

On 2/27/2021 at 7:12 PM, Mr. WEO said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_South_Dakota_Learjet_crash

I remembered this is a Sportscenter Kid, but never heard the details., but remember being bummed out.  Hopefully that was an easier way to go than living through it awake

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/28/2021 at 8:05 AM, Draconator said:

This is an NFL board with a Bills focus. Not everything has to 100% pertain to the Bills. 

Now you have been educated.

As someone who checks this board literally 20-30xs a day for anything breaking, im appreciative for any new threads lol the one poster in here that thinks everyone should start threads to tell us about their day 😆

5 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

As someone who checks this board literally 20-30xs a day for anything breaking, im appreciative for any new threads lol the one poster in here that thinks everyone should start threads to tell us about their day 😆

and?

On 2/27/2021 at 10:07 PM, Freddie's Dead said:

Saw the "Air Disasters" on this.  

Sometimes when I'm channel surfing, I get sucked into this show...and always sorry I did.  Often times just the stupidest little thing, either mechanical or pilot error, brings these jets down.  It's almost enough to quit flying.