Sorry about that 🤷🏻

SDS

1 hour ago, SDS said:

...and then Wordpress decided last night it was going to buy up all the seats and no one could get on. Everyone went on the waiting list and no one got a seat. 

I don’t know why WP did what it did, but we vastly increased the number of seats and in the process, WP stopped inappropriately hogging the seats. 

Wordpress figured some obscure way to monetize this; TBD forums are the new GameStop!  You're going to Disneyland, SDS!

2 hours ago, SDS said:

and of course if you try to sell more seats than the plane can handle then eventually you would have so much weight on the plane that the plane cannot function. You have to stay at a reasonable maximum capacity or below to keep it in the air.

Or charge more for fat people especially those who take 2 seats.

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Wordpress figured some obscure way to monetize this; TBD forums are the new GameStop!  You're going to Disneyland, SDS!

Disneyland in California which is closed?  Great reward.  Reminds me of those vouchers in class lawsuits.

On 2/27/2021 at 3:56 PM, SDS said:

Simply, think of child processes as being seats on an airplane. The airplane can only accommodate so many who want on the plane (based on plane size) until it puts you on the waiting list. I hadn’t optimized that number since I never had to and then Wordpress decided last night it was going to buy up all the seats and no one could get on. Everyone went on the waiting list and no one got a seat. 

I don’t know why WP did what it did, but we vastly increased the number of seats and in the process, WP stopped inappropriately hogging the seats. 

Doesn't the whole world use WordPress just about?

Kajabi is a great alternative, if you're running a business that is. 

On 2/27/2021 at 8:38 AM, SDS said:

The downtime was unexpected and we are not quite sure why it happened. Other sites on the server were fine and nothing seemed to be under duress. The front page and the board just kept timing out the connections. 🤔

At the time I blamed it on my wife.  What did she do!