Sorry about that 🤷🏻

SDS

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

That is just plain reggae effing cold, dawg. 😁

I love reggae! In college at UB there were some live reggae bands.

Worked at food cooperative and helped guy with order and he gave me free tickets to concert in Pittsburg Stanley Theater with Bob Marley. Bartered 2nd ticket for a ride there and back.

So this is a good thing, right?

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

Wordpress and child processes is the best guess. We just didn’t have enough children in the fields as WordPress decided to be a real New England Patriot last night.

Wordpress does tend to dominate the children. The kids try so damn hard too.

6 hours ago, SDS said:

The downtime was unexpected and we are not quite sure why it happened. Other sites on the server were fine and nothing seemed to be under duress. The front page and the board just kept timing out the connections. 🤔

You never need to apologize:)

Thanks for all you do to have the best board in the NFL and maybe all of sports :)  

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, SDS said:

Wordpress and child processes is the best guess. We just didn’t have enough children in the fields as WordPress decided to be a real New England Patriot last night.

Imagine a non-techie like me trying to understand this post. 😀 

In any case, whatever happened doesn't matter enough for you to apologize

14 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Imagine a non-techie like me trying to understand this post. 😀 

In any case, whatever happened doesn't matter enough for you to apologize

Simply, think of child processes as being seats on an airplane. The airplane can only accommodate so many who want on the plane (based on plane size) until it puts you on the waiting list. I hadn’t optimized that number since I never had to and then Wordpress decided last night it was going to buy up all the seats and no one could get on. Everyone went on the waiting list and no one got a seat. 

I don’t know why WP did what it did, but we vastly increased the number of seats and in the process, WP stopped inappropriately hogging the seats. 

42 minutes ago, SDS said:

Simply, think of child processes as being seats on an airplane. The airplane can only accommodate so many who want on the plane (based on plane size) until it puts you on the waiting list. I hadn’t optimized that number since I never had to and then Wordpress decided last night it was going to buy up all the seats and no one could get on. Everyone went on the waiting list and no one got a seat. 

I don’t know why WP did what it did, but we vastly increased the number of seats and in the process, WP stopped inappropriately hogging the seats. 

Thanks for patiently explaining it with a simple analogy. I can totally understand that

16 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Thanks for patiently explaining it with a simple analogy. I can totally understand that

and of course if you try to sell more seats than the plane can handle then eventually you would have so much weight on the plane that the plane cannot function. You have to stay at a reasonable maximum capacity or below to keep it in the air.

• Like (+1) 1