Bills prospect TE Tommy Tremble

YoloinOhio

I think we need another TE in place of Kroft, and maybe Tremble will be it. Two great nick names School of Hard Know and the Aftershock as our TE's. I still believe in Knox..it takes a lot of receivers in the league about 3 years to come to life and Knox had a great second half of the season after dealing with COVID. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I think Tremble is the most high ceiling of the late round guys. He isn't really a tight end, I don't think he can play in line at all. He is a useless blocker. But he can play flexed out as a big slot. He isn't going to be an every down guy, but as a match up weapon in certain situations I think he is worth a shot. 

There are other reasons to like him too 😍 

This is just flat out wrong. He played in line virtually every play. He's one of the best blocking TE's in this class and it's also something he loved to do. He'll pancake LB's, DE's, and anyone at the 2nd level. If you ever actually watched ND play then you would have heard Tony Dungy raving about his blocking prowess in the run game at least once, if not more, with every Notre Dame offensive possession. In that would be indepth breakdowns of how good of a blocker he actually is. Swing and a miss there my friend. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, H2o said:

This is just flat out wrong. He played in line virtually every play. He's one of the best blocking TE's in this class and it's also something he loved to do. He'll pancake LB's, DE's, and anyone at the 2nd level. If you ever actually watched ND play then you would have heard Tony Dungy raving about his blocking prowess in the run game at least once, if not more, with every Notre Dame offensive possession. In that would be indepth breakdowns of how good of a blocker he actually is. Swing and a miss there my friend. 

Okay fair enough. I haven't done much on him but my first exposure I didn't like his blocking. I might have seen a bad game. I will round back to him later.  

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Okay fair enough. I haven't done much on him but my first exposure I didn't like his blocking. I might have seen a bad game. I will round back to him later.  

No worries my friend. He didn't really get the opportunities his Sophomore year, but last year he was on the field almost all the time. It wasn't for his receiving ability, which I believed they underutilized him in that aspect, it was for his blocking. Almost every big Kyren Williams run was set up by  #24 knocking someone out of the way or sealing someone off. Kid is a beast in the run game. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, H2o said:

No worries my friend. He didn't really get the opportunities his Sophomore year, but last year he was on the field almost all the time. It wasn't for his receiving ability, which I believed they underutilized him in that aspect, it was for his blocking. Almost every big Kyren Williams run was set up by  #24 knocking someone out of the way or sealing someone off. Kid is a beast in the run game. :thumbsup:

Cool. I quite liked him in the pass game against Clemson I thought he looked like he had potential there. If he is the beast you say as a blocker then I'd think Tremble is a pretty intriguing prospect all round. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Cool. I quite liked him in the pass game against Clemson I thought he looked like he had potential there. If he is the beast you say as a blocker then I'd think Tremble is a pretty intriguing prospect all round. 

Here are a couple of guys talking about him who watched him a lot as well. :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, H2o said:

Thanks for this. I couldn’t figure out what to think about this conversation cause for every draft profile I find detailing how good a blocker he is, there’s another saying he can’t block at all. I was very confused about it.

Here’s a write up detailing his blocking value: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/irish.nbcsports.com/2021/01/08/notre-dame-te-tommy-tremble-heads-to-nfl-as-run-blocker-extraordinaire/amp/

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Thanks for this. I couldn’t figure out what to think about this conversation cause for every draft profile I find detailing how good a blocker he is, there’s another saying he can’t block at all. I was very confused about it.

Here’s a write up detailing his blocking value: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/irish.nbcsports.com/2021/01/08/notre-dame-te-tommy-tremble-heads-to-nfl-as-run-blocker-extraordinaire/amp/

Yea ignore my previous view. It was based on just watching the Clemson Championship game where I thought he struggled a bit but in fairness Clemson just overwhelmed them. Watched the Pittsburgh film this morning after @H2o replied and he clearly is a very good run blocker. I think he is a middling pass blocker at this point but he does a nice job going and hitting people in the run game.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, H2o said:

ND Alumn?