Danielle Hunter perfect trade target

Gambit

28 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't think the Bills are in a place where they're gonna trade a first for a guy they have to pay the big bucks to.

You're probably right. I just thought it was something worth mentioning. Who knows, maybe it wouldn't take a first seeing as he would need a new and pricy deal too. I honestly don't expect it to happen. I'm more so hoping we do end up with a significant upgrade for our pass rush. 

13 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Stefon would have to sign off on any Vikings acquisitions.

Bills are not a team run by players but they certainly would ask him for his opinion and any facts to back it up.  

He would be the Vikings Insider.

9 hours ago, QCity said:

I like how this article calls him the "perfect trade target" with no specifics how they plan to fit his $17.8M cap hit this season.

TB12 type of deal?  Maybe Pegula will take him as intern during offseason to learn about fracking.

18 hours ago, Gambit said:

https://buffalowdown.com/2021/02/24/buffalo-bills-danielle-hunter-perfect-trade-target-offseason/

I thought that this was a intriguing idea. It's clearly all hypothetical but I do wonder what it would take to pry him away. Before missing last season, he had back to back 14.5 sack seasons. The guy is a beast. Which means he's also going to want to be paid a lot. 

No thanks,  better off signing a top free agent then having to both pay this dude as the top defensive player and give up a first rounder and other picks

I feel for Hunter.  Neck injuries take years off your career.  (Chris Spielman, Eric Wood come to mind.) 

You can repair a herniated and ruptured discs.  The surgery is absolutely incredible, light years from where it used to be.  However, there is always the reality of chronic pain and re-injury for just regular people who don't happen to be DEs in the NFL.  The human spine and back are like the frame of a car.  Once you mess with it, it's never quite the same, nor quite as strong. 

I'm wary of signing players to hefty contracts who have had the unfortunate reality of being injured in such a way that it can be easily aggravated and generate the type of debilitating pain that makes you want to quit playing.  

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Gambit said:

Not sure how in the hell we could pay him but I trust Beane can figure it out. We definitely need pass rusher help. 

Easy peasy. Restructure Diggs and / or Tre White. We have the franchise QB on a rookie deal - now Is the time to get aggressive and land a game changing pass rusher. Get it done, Beane!!

On 2/26/2021 at 1:44 PM, Gambit said:

https://buffalowdown.com/2021/02/24/buffalo-bills-danielle-hunter-perfect-trade-target-offseason/

I thought that this was a intriguing idea. It's clearly all hypothetical but I do wonder what it would take to pry him away. Before missing last season, he had back to back 14.5 sack seasons. The guy is a beast. Which means he's also going to want to be paid a lot. 

This would be a Super Bowl move.  Not saying it guarantees them anything but it would be a huge swing