Fanspeak Mock Drafft

xsoldier54

3 hours ago, Bulldog said:

I realize that team "needs" are a matter of debate - however, unless the OL needs are heavily covered in FA (doubtful) - then I think there may be significant agreement that the OL should be addressed sometime prior to the 6th round.

Meh I think many fans are over exaggerating o-line as a big need. The Bills line was fine last year. Every year in recent memory there have been a few teams with particularly awful o-lines, a couple with elite o-lines, and the rest all middle of the pack. Middle of the pack is where the Bills were last year and these days that's good enough. It's really hard to build a consistently great o-line. If we had the exact same o-line as last year without any changes I wouldn't bat an eye.

The one question mark right now is Williams. If we don't bring him back RT is a pretty big need. Even in that context I don't believe o-line is 1st round value unless you're talking about a LT. Sign a couple mid-level starters if needed and draft o-line on day 2 and 3. Keep building the pipeline but don't reach for talent at a position that isn't all that important in the grand scheme of things.

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Meh I think many fans are over exaggerating o-line as a big need. The Bills line was fine last year. Every year in recent memory there have been a few teams with particularly awful o-lines, a couple with elite o-lines, and the rest all middle of the pack. Middle of the pack is where the Bills were last year and these days that's good enough. It's really hard to build a consistently great o-line. If we had the exact same o-line as last year without any changes I wouldn't bat an eye.

The one question mark right now is Williams. If we don't bring him back RT is a pretty big need. Even in that context I don't believe o-line is 1st round value unless you're talking about a LT. Sign a couple mid-level starters if needed and draft o-line on day 2 and 3. Keep building the pipeline but don't reach for talent at a position that isn't all that important in the grand scheme of things.

I hear what you are saying, and I’d like to strengthen the front 7 on D and maybe upgrade at #2 CB. BUT, I sure wish we could finish out a game running the ball and moving the chains even when they know what’s coming.  I don’t know if it’s the players, the scheme or the emphasis, but we NEED to be able to run the ball. At times we made it look easy, and other times it looked nearly impossible. 

PLEASE fix that! 

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

I hear what you are saying, and I’d like to strengthen the front 7 on D and maybe upgrade at #2 CB. BUT, I sure wish we could finish out a game running the ball and moving the chains even when they know what’s coming.  I don’t know if it’s the players, the scheme or the emphasis, but we NEED to be able to run the ball. At times we made it look easy, and other times it looked nearly impossible. 

PLEASE fix that! 

I think it's hard to find offensive linemen that are good at pass blocking and rush blocking. Given a choice between the two I'll take pass blocking, no question. Lack of speed in the backfield plus the scheme were more responsible for our issues running the ball IMO. As far as our pass blocking we were actually quite good this past season, the Chiefs were really the only team that had our number and again I think that's more of a scheme/preparation issue than talent issue.

Edited by HappyDays

So I was trading picks all over the place and this is the draft I ended up with.  Before you hate, I was just seeing what trades I could make or what was offered and took the best I could get.  I  ended up with 8 picks from Rd 2 to Rd 5.  I know it could/would never happen but oh the thoughts and possibilities.  Flame away ....

40: R2 P8 RB Najee Harris - Alabama

43: R2 P11 C Landon Dickerson - Alabama

71: R3 P7 G Jackson Carman - Clemson

74: R3 P10 LB Jabril Cox - LSU

82: R3 P18 EDGE Patrick Jones II - Pittsburgh

124: R4 P19 S Hamsah Nasirildeen - Florida State

142: R4 P37 OT Dillon Radunz - North Dakota State

166: R5 P21 CB Israel Mukuamu - South Carolina

TRADES

Trade Partner: Atlanta Falcons

Sent: Round 1 Pick 30

Received: Round 2 Pick 3, Round 3 Pick 4

Trade Partner: Denver Broncos

Sent: Round 2 Pick 3

Received: Round 2 Pick 8, Round 3 Pick 7

Trade Partner: San Francisco 49ers

Sent: Round 2 Pick 29, Round 3 Pick 29, Future Round 6 Pick

Received: Round 2 Pick 11

Trade Partner: Washington Football Team

Sent: Round 3 Pick 4

Received: Round 3 Pick 10, Round 3 Pick 18

Sent: Round 5 Pick 17, Round 7 Pick 8

Received: Round 4 Pick 19

Trade Partner: Green Bay Packers

Sent:  Round 5 Pick 30, Future Round 7 Pick

Received: Round 4 Pick 37

Trade Partner: Indianapolis Colts

Sent: Round 6 Pick 28, Future Round 7 Pick

Received:  Round 5 Pick 21

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I think that Zach Moss and Devin Singletary might disagree with the proposition that the OL is “fine”.  I have too many memories of either RB being hit or having to elude tacklers in the backfield to think the OL is ok.  That being said, I think the pass blocking was decent.

57 minutes ago, BillsFanThru-N-Thru said:

So I was trading picks all over the place and this is the draft I ended up with.  Before you hate, I was just seeing what trades I could make or what was offered and took the best I could get.  I  ended up with 8 picks from Rd 2 to Rd 5.  I know it could/would never happen but oh the thoughts and possibilities.  Flame away ....

40: R2 P8 RB Najee Harris - Alabama

43: R2 P11 C Landon Dickerson - Alabama

71: R3 P7 G Jackson Carman - Clemson

74: R3 P10 LB Jabril Cox - LSU

82: R3 P18 EDGE Patrick Jones II - Pittsburgh

124: R4 P19 S Hamsah Nasirildeen - Florida State

142: R4 P37 OT Dillon Radunz - North Dakota State

166: R5 P21 CB Israel Mukuamu - South Carolina

TRADES

Trade Partner: Atlanta Falcons

Sent: Round 1 Pick 30

Received: Round 2 Pick 3, Round 3 Pick 4

Trade Partner: Denver Broncos

Sent: Round 2 Pick 3

Received: Round 2 Pick 8, Round 3 Pick 7

Trade Partner: San Francisco 49ers

Sent: Round 2 Pick 29, Round 3 Pick 29, Future Round 6 Pick

Received: Round 2 Pick 11

Sent: Round 3 Pick 4

Received: Round 3 Pick 10, Round 3 Pick 18

Sent: Round 5 Pick 17, Round 7 Pick 8

Received: Round 4 Pick 19

Trade Partner: Green Bay Packers

Sent:  Round 5 Pick 30, Future Round 7 Pick

Received: Round 4 Pick 37

Trade Partner: Indianapolis Colts

Sent: Round 6 Pick 28, Future Round 7 Pick

Received:  Round 5 Pick 21

I don’t think that Najee Harris helps this offense very much.  You would need Barry Sanders in his prime to get out of the backfield with this OL’s poor run blocking.

10 hours ago, xsoldier54 said:

Anyone else  use Fanspeak?  This is my first attempt for this year.  I think I did OK.  What do you think?

30: R1 P30 DL Christian Barmore - Alabama

61: R2 P29 RB Najee Harris - Alabama

93: R3 P29 LB Jabril Cox - LSU

162: R5 P17 TE Kenny Yeboah - Mississippi

175: R5 P30 LB Charles Snowden - UVA

214: R6 P28 G Tommy Kraemer - Notre Dame

234: R7 P8 C Ryan McCollum - Texas A&M

this is the problem i have with it.  seems very unrealistic.  your first 3 picks are money, but likely none (perhaps Cox) make it to the 3rd. 

9 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

If we re-sign 2 out of Feliciano/Boettger/DWIlliams, and Ford comes back from injury, how big of a need is it really?

Edit: Disclaimer - I'm always down for upgrading the trenches, so wouldnt be upset with an early OL pick. Just dont think it will be that much of a need compared to D Front 7.

after watching KC in the Super Bowl, I’m down for OL at 30. 

17 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Pretty good, I would be ok with that, addresses most of your glaring needs.

Another TE from Mississippi?  Didnt we just try that?

Hard to believe Najee Harris lasts almost til rd 3 but RB is certainly been de-emphasized lately.

And we tried a TE from Mississippi who was athletically gifted but a convert to the position and needing refinement. You'll have a hard job convincing me to go back to Mississippi for an athletically limited guy with mediocre production who struggled to get on the field at Temple before he transferred. I do think he is a pretty solid run blocker. 

This isn't a good tight end class. I doubt very much the answer for the Bills at that spot is coming in 2021 out of the draft. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, In Summary said:

Do Barmore and Oliver hypothetically play on the field at the same time or is Barmore also an NFL (not college) 3-tech?  

I would envision them both being on the field at the same time.  My intent was to shore up the run defense.

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 1 month later...

OMG, don't use the "deep fried draft" board in fanspeak it is so ridiculous because of how they have the draftees rank!!  This is the draft I had using that board with 2 trades ... utterly ridiculous but I think we'd all take it in a heartbeat.  Voila ....

TEAM PICKS

41: R2 P9     WR Jaylen Waddle - Alabama

50: R2 P18   EDGE Jayson Oweh - Penn State

61: R2 P29   RB Najee Harris - Alabama

72: R3 P8     LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah - Notre Dame

93: R3 P29   OT Jalen Mayfield - Michigan

161: R5 P17  TE Tommy Tremble - Notre Dame

174: R5 P30  WR Tutu Atwell - Louisville

213: R6 P29  CB Tay Gowan - UCF

236: R7 P8    DL Marvin Wilson - Florida State

TRADES

Trade Partner: Miami Dolphins