Fanspeak Mock Drafft

xsoldier54

Anyone else  use Fanspeak?  This is my first attempt for this year.  I think I did OK.  What do you think?

30: R1 P30 DL Christian Barmore - Alabama

61: R2 P29 RB Najee Harris - Alabama

93: R3 P29 LB Jabril Cox - LSU

162: R5 P17 TE Kenny Yeboah - Mississippi

175: R5 P30 LB Charles Snowden - UVA

214: R6 P28 G Tommy Kraemer - Notre Dame

234: R7 P8 C Ryan McCollum - Texas A&M

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I realize that team "needs" are a matter of debate - however, unless the OL needs are heavily covered in FA (doubtful) - then I think there may be significant agreement that the OL should be addressed sometime prior to the 6th round. Nice try at the mock draft though ...

Edited by Bulldog
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Pretty good, I would be ok with that, addresses most of your glaring needs.

Another TE from Mississippi?  Didnt we just try that?

Hard to believe Najee Harris lasts almost til rd 3 but RB is certainly been de-emphasized lately.

Almost every mock draft I have seen has Harris going in the 1st round.

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

I realize that team "needs" are a matter of debate - however, unless the OL needs are heavily covered in FA (doubtful) - then I think there may be significant agreement that the OL should be addressed sometime prior to the 6th round. Nice try at the mock draft though ...

If we re-sign 2 out of Feliciano/Boettger/DWIlliams, and Ford comes back from injury, how big of a need is it really?

Edit: Disclaimer - I'm always down for upgrading the trenches, so wouldnt be upset with an early OL pick. Just dont think it will be that much of a need compared to D Front 7.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

Thanks.  I did try every round before the sixth to look at OL, but in each round, there were none available that weren't a big reach considering the draft slot.  The ones I did select matched up with the value for that round.   All the best and thanks for the feedback.   

2 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Almost every mock draft I have seen has Harris going in the 1st round.

I know, me too.  I almost took him in the first and was pleasantly surprised he was still there in the second round.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

If we re-sign 2 out of Feliciano/Boettger/DWIlliams, and Ford comes back from injury, how big of a need is it really?

Edit: Disclaimer - I'm always down for upgrading the trenches, so wouldnt be upset with an early OL pick. Just dont think it will be that much of a need compared to D Front 7.

Agreed.  I tried not to over value tackles because there were none available that matched the draft slots.  Any one that I picked would have been a reach, but the OG and C with the ability to play G seemed like good value. 

Just now, ScottLaw said:

The goal is to get better on the offensive line. Even if we bring everyone back how is that improvement?

Agreed. Hoping we can address the O line in FA.   In the simulation I ran, there were just not any good values on the OL in the early rounds.  The two I picked seemed like they were versatile and solid players.

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The goal is to get better on the offensive line. Even if we bring everyone back how is that improvement?

The goal is to improve the team as much as possible and at our largest areas of need, within our limited resources.

My point is that while the OL can always be improved, the Offense was the least of our problems last year, and actually the strength of the team for once. I'd rather keep that as-is and prioritize resources to improve the D where we will get the most bang for our buck (biggest improvement). If we can still use resources to improve the OL, great! It just isnt a major need, imo.

4 minutes ago, xsoldier54 said:

Agreed. Hoping we can address the O line in FA.   In the simulation I ran, there were just not any good values on the OL in the early rounds.  The two I picked seemed like they were versatile and solid players.

This is the problem with these sims.  Barmore unrealistically falls to 30.  So he’s most likely going to be a better value than any OT.  Harris unrealistically falls to 61.  Obviously a greater value than an OT. Jabril Cox available @93?  LOL.  

it’s looks great.....but it’s not going to happen. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

That's where I'm at.  

Fix our front 7, get someone that when blocked one on one can still get to the QB.  

I don't evaluate play to play with offensive line but they seem to really like Ford.  So I'm going to trust they see something in him.

I think Feliciano starts at center next year or is not on the Bills.  I don't think they'll pay him at the expected market for him at Guard.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The goal is to improve the team as much as possible and at our largest areas of need, within our limited resources.

My point is that while the OL can always be improved, the Offense was the least of our problems last year, and actually the strength of the team for once. I'd rather keep that as-is and prioritize resources to improve the D where we will get the most bang for our buck (biggest improvement). If we can still use resources to improve the OL, great! It just isnt a major need, imo.

Upgrading the pass rush and OL are the two areas Beane should focus on. On offense I would like to see them more balanced especially since the Bills are a cold weather team. They need to get better running the ball when the situation calls for it. Late in the game and you want to kill the clock. Picking up a first down on 3rd or 4th and 1.  The lack of pass rush is another obvious need. The AFCCG showed that. How Beane does it via FA and or draft  I don't care but improving the OL and pass rush is a must. IMHO

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, NewEra said:

This is the problem with these sims.  Barmore unrealistically falls to 30.  So he’s most likely going to be a better value than any OT.  Harris unrealistically falls to 61.  Obviously a greater value than an OT. Jabril Cox available @93?  LOL.  

it’s looks great.....but it’s not going to happen. 

I thought the same thing.  Very surprised that some of those guys were available where they were, but it's just for fun and if they're there, you gotta take 'em.

18 minutes ago, xsoldier54 said:

I thought the same thing.  Very surprised that some of those guys were available where they were, but it's just for fun and if they're there, you gotta take 'em.

Idk, the draft disappears a second after it’s done....I try and stick to picking players that have a realistic chance of being available.  

52 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Idk, the draft disappears a second after it’s done....I try and stick to picking players that have a realistic chance of being available.  

All this winning really takes the fun out of mock drafts.

It's one thing to have a couple options in mind when picking #10 overall, and it's likely that one or all of them will be available. But picking #30?!? Who frickin knows.

Agreed, there is almost no way any of the guys in the first 3 picks here actually makes it to us (especially Cox in the 3rd). But it's tough to say what is reasonable  at #30 too.

• Haha (+1) 2