Bring Shady back for 1 more year?

28 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Shady just sat the bench for the whole year for for a Super Bowl ring. He is done in the NFL.

But.......what if this was a poll and OJ and Thurman were the other two choices??? Maybe then?  🤷‍♂️

• Haha (+1) 1

I know this is basically a joke but I absolutely love Shady. Until the last 2 years, this guy was our only elite skill position player for 2 decades. Shady Mccoy was the most important player in a chapter of Bills history and by far the biggest reason the drought ended. I think if I was in charge of a team, I would use preseason a little bit differently. I would absolutely welcome him back for 1 more year. Either to let him be the backup RB or (if nothing else) give him 1 more proper send off to the fans in the preseason. At worst, Give him a game to say thank you and goodbye the right way.

4 hours ago, mannc said:

No one actually thought Dareus was good, hence not overrated...overpaid, sure, but there's a lot of competition in that category.

He was an All Pro with us.  He had about 30 sacks in his first 4 seasons with us and averaged about 50 tackles....as a defensive tackle!  Before he got paid, he was a top 3 DT in the league.

Everyone thought he was good....which is why he got paid. 

15 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I think Moss takes a step up in his 2nd year.  Bring in a low priced vet with some speed/power to compete with Singletary.  I don’t think McCoy is better than Singletary at this point.  

Is he better than Yeldon?

15 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Give him Yeldons role. He's got some good luck going. 

Whatever slivers of seriousness existed in the OP, it was always McCoy as 3rd in the RB depth chart behind Singletary and Moss.... so essentially in Yeldon's role.

What for? Him being here would only take up cap space needed for players that make a difference. 

On 2/25/2021 at 1:30 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

This is what all of us thought, but Shady was noticeably better and more productive in a more limited role in the following year with the Chiefs.

Seeing as they had Yeldon and his contract is going to be up and the fact that Shady has had a year off basically to let his body completely heal if the Bills are looking for a veteran presence i don't see that if he is used lightly sprinkled in here and there how it could be a bad signing .

He has shown that he's got a little bit left nothing like his glory days but with a better O line which he didn't have a great one his last year here might be able to add a little somethin something to the back field in a role similar to what Yeldon did plus weldon didn't do bad in the play off game he was in .

Bringing back Yeldon or Shady on a veteran minimum contract wouldn't be a bad thing there could be worse things that happen like signing a veteran to start like they did with Fitz (which i loved as a Bill) and having them fall off a cliff production wise ... 🙄