Bring Shady back for 1 more year?

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

This is largely tongue in cheek with shades of seriousness, but I was watching Shady this morning on GMFB being interviewed and it seems like he really embraced the "veteran mentor" role with Tampa Bay, where his contract has expired.

Based off what Beane and McDermott have said publicly they still appear to have a lot of faith in both Singletary and Moss.  And they also like the guys behind them.  Yeldon's contract is up and so the team will probably add at least another RB.  Shady claims he still has something left in the tank and plans to play and, at the very least, will be fresh from having almost an entire year off in Tampa.  Last year with the Chiefs he was pretty productive with over 100 carries and 4.6 YPC along with 28 receptions.

That's a helluva lot more than we got out of Yeldon this year.

McCoy has 2 straight years winning a Super Bowl ring and he said on GMFB that he wants to play another year, but it needs to be with a contender because he can't go from playing on 2 Super Bowl Teams to crap (my word, not his).  He already has a relationship with Josh and other players on the Bills.  There's obviously familiarity.  I actually think the "hometown discount" thing applies here to an aging veteran who would already be pretty cheap.

And if he can be used as a 3rd down back out of the backfield for blitz pickups and receptions (that he' might actually catch in AFC Championship games unlike Singletary... BAAAZIIIINNNNGGG!!  :w00t:) then it's just an added bonus.

Now, I really don't think this will happen.  I don't even know what the relationship is like between him and Beane and McDermott and I kinda doubt OBD will want to bring him back.  But given our apparent commitment to Moss and Singletary (much to our dismay, perhaps), maybe Shady shouldn't be out of the question and we should consider letting him come home to chase a 3rd straight ring....

He is the right RB age for us

16 minutes ago, mannc said:

Yes, let's bring back the most overrated and overpaid Bill of the last 20 years, when he's even more over the hill.

He was really good here for a few years. I don't think he was overrated at all.

36 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

Nobody is talking about Marcel Dareus here...

No one actually thought Dareus was good, hence not overrated...overpaid, sure, but there's a lot of competition in that category.

3 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

I mean, a ton of people thought he was good. He was 1st team All Pro in 2014

He was very good, from time to time.  Overall, though, I don't think many people felt Dareus was anything but a bust.