The Athletic: Russell Wilson and Seahawks growing further apart

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Metcalf is absolutely in the perfect situation with Wilson. He runs like 2 routes. Freak athlete but say if he went to the Jags or Jets, he would be whatever. Lockett is an undersized 3rd round receiver. 

Wilson is really, really good.

So you're saying WR play better with better QB's?  That applies to everyone which is why the QB position is so coveted.

Who cares if Lockett is an undersized 3rd round WR.  That makes him not good or something?  Antonio Brown is an undersized 6th round WR...he wasn't really ever good?

Metcalf and Lockett would be great with about 8- 10 other QB's.....it's not just Wilson.

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

So you're saying WR play better with better QB's?  That applies to everyone which is why the QB position is so coveted.

Who cares if Lockett is an undersized 3rd round WR.  That makes him not good or something?  Antonio Brown is an undersized 6th round WR...he wasn't really ever good?

Metcalf and Lockett would be great with about 8- 10 other QB's.....it's not just Wilson.

He did the same thing with Baldwin who wasn’t even drafted.  He plays with the least talent of any top 5 qb and has his entire career. 

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

how dare you disrespect Rex Grossman like that.... 

the saddest part is he’s probably in their top 10.  

I looked up McMahon because I didn’t see him play and I know they won a SB with him. Dude sucked. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/McMaJi00.htm

14 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He did the same thing with Baldwin who wasn’t even drafted.  He plays with the least talent of any top 5 qb and has his entire career. 

So you’re saying that DK Metcalf and Tyler Lockett aren’t a very talented duo?

Both of them are or have been All Pros lol.  They are absolutely a top duo and Metcalf is a top 5 WR today.

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I also said WTF is wrong with Wilson.  He went from leading the MVP race to a below average QB in the last 1/4 of the season.

I'm not really understanding what he's complaining about. He's on a team that just won a very tough division despite the fact that he pooped the bed for a large part of the latter half of the season. He has one of the best WR tandems in the game that are also completely different in their utility.

If he wants to blame anyone, maybe he should start with himself.

God I would hate to have Wilson as my QB. If the term basic b-word could be applied to men, he's the poster boy. I remember his mic'd up game where I'm pretty sure he communicated via the pitch in which he said "let's go!" Over and over.

31 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

the saddest part is he’s probably in their top 10.  

I looked up McMahon because I didn’t see him play and I know they won a SB with him. Dude sucked. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/McMaJi00.htm

Grossman worked together with a certain bills QB to demonstrate that names matter... you are what your name says you are.

11 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

I'm not really understanding what he's complaining about. He's on a team that just won a very tough division despite the fact that he pooped the bed for a large part of the latter half of the season. He has one of the best WR tandems in the game that are also completely different in their utility.

God I would hate to have Wilson as my QB. If the term basic b-word could be applied to men, he's the poster boy. I remember his mic'd up game where I'm pretty sure he communicated via the pitch in which he said "let's go!" Over and over.

yeah I'm interested to see how this plays out. 

Wasn't there something a few years ago that came out that many Seahawks players didn't like Wilson because of his "poster boy" act or something like that?

29 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

Petey wants to run the ball, and Russ just wants to “cook.” He’s jelly of the OL Brady had to be able to not get sacked, and throwing a fit about his circumstances. His ego can’t handle that he’s being passed by guys like mahomes, Watson, even Allen in mvp races while Brady, 10 years older, is still winning SBs. I think he’s feeling left out and worried he’s going to waste away the last years of his prime in the PNW with no mvps and no more rings. At least in Huge markets like Dallas and Chicago he would be more celebrated as an icon even if he didn’t win another ring . Saints make sense because they are on the doorstep of a SB, just add QB. Raiders.... eh I got nothing except Vegas, baby!

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

yeah I'm interested to see how this plays out. 

Wasn't there something a few years ago that came out that many Seahawks players didn't like Wilson because of his "poster boy" act or something like that?

There was an incident where Sherman intercepted Wilson in practice and threw the ball in his direction while screaming "You f---ing suck!" at the quarterback. Sherman confirmed that such an incident happened....after which Carroll met with the defensive team leaders and told them to take it easier on Wilson.

Sherman was pissed, said it showed lack of accountability from Wilson and showed Carroll was playing favorites from his "always a competition" mantra.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Petey wants to run the ball, and Russ just wants to “cook.” He’s jelly of the OL Brady had to be able to not get sacked, and throwing a fit about his circumstances.

To be fair, the lack of run game and large # of sacks to some extent come from the same source, which is sucky OL play.  And Russ has a legit beef that Seattle has under-invested in his OL.

But there's also the question of how much is on the OL, vs. on Russ not recognizing the defense and setting the right protections/recognizing when he's responsible for a free rusher?  Or Russ just waiting forever for the downfield passing game to open up?

AJ Klein had his best game of the season against Seattle, racking up 2 sacks and 4 QB hits on Wilson.  Not to take anything away from Klein who did play like his pants were on fire there, but a couple times he was left with a totally unimpeded "free shot" at Wilson.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sub required on the Athletic article (worth it IMO). I provided some key segments later in thread.

Kudos to the wall, I saw this on another source and came here to vet it.... 

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

To be fair, the lack of run game and large # of sacks to some extent come from the same source, which is sucky OL play.  And Russ has a legit beef that Seattle has under-invested in his OL.

But there's also the question of how much is on the OL, vs. on Russ not recognizing the defense and setting the right protections/recognizing when he's responsible for a free rusher?  Or Russ just waiting forever for the downfield passing game to open up?

AJ Klein had his best game of the season against Seattle, racking up 2 sacks and 4 QB hits on Wilson.  Not to take anything away from Klein who did play like his pants were on fire there, but a couple times he was left with a totally unimpeded "free shot" at Wilson.

They have never had a good OL that I can remember. They’ve tried (like when they traded for Duane Brown) but seems like they like to take guys who aren’t o linemen and turn them into olinemen. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

A very critical point of Allen’s career will be who replaces Daboll when the time comes. If the Bills see him as their franchise, they must include him in that process and seriously consider his opinions. They absolutely have to get that hire right. This is not said in relation to the Watson situation as that was about the HC. It is somewhat related to the Carson Wentz fallout, as the changing of the guard at OC after Reich left to be a HC was poorly handled internally from reports and a poor selection.

The Bills need to treat Allen like the franchise player he is especially if he duplicates his 2020 success in 2021. He is by all accounts the exact type of leader you want and the type of player you want to hand the keys to the franchise too (much like the Texans should have with Watson) and his play in 2020 certainly justifies it. I think getting lucky to keep Daboll for one more season is only going to help Josh with continuity and with the Bills planning an heir apparent for Daboll. 

• Agree 1