Any one have Espn Insider? Just curious about Kipers mock

BeastMode54

8 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He's basically Robert Mathis.  How was he against the run?

I actually heard in a podcast that Azeez is actually decent against the run.  He fights hard and isn't easily pushed around.

I'd take Robert Mathis.

7 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

McDermott to me favors larger DEs in terms of height, I mean Darryl Johnston, Obada and Espensa are all 6'6" as was Trent Murphy so not sure Ojulari fits the profile but Rosseau does. Yet not sure we got DE first round, I think CBs the spot and Eric Stokes seems to fit zone defense and athletic freak we favor with top picks. 

I guess a batted down pass on 3rd down is as good as a sack.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/25/2021 at 9:16 AM, BeastMode54 said:

who does he have us taking?

Heard on the radio he has Jets trading back to 4 with Atlanta and then taking Pitts.

https://sports.yahoo.com/mel-kiper-jr-sends-bills-133849023.html

On Tuesday, Kiper’s two-round mock actually has the Bills going defense with both picks. After addressing the pass rush, the secondary gets an addition.

Here’s the breakdown of the two selections:

30. Buffalo Bills
Azeez Ojulari, OLB/DE, Georgia

With starting defensive ends Jerry Hughesand Mario Addison over the age of 30, the Bills need to get younger on the edge. They took AJ Epenesa in Round 2 last year, but that’s not enough. The speedy pass-rusher Ojulari had 8.5 sacks and three forced fumbles last season. Cornerback and running back are other positions Buffalo could target.

61. Buffalo Bills
Benjamin St-Juste, CB, Minnesota

St-Juste is raw; he started only 14 games for the Golden Gophers after transferring from Michigan. But I liked what I saw on tape. He has great length, and he’s not afraid to tackle. He was also good at the Senior Bowl in January. He didn’t have an interception in college, but I think that’s more about him not playing much. He has the potential to be the starter in Buffalo opposite Tre’Davious White.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TroutDog said:

I wasn’t trying to argue, was seriously asking if the guy in question could set the edge. My fear is that if we get a guy who can only do one then we’re leaving ourselves open for the other. 

No idea who that person is right now...I didn’t watch enough NCAA this year, unfortunately. 

I don’t disagree with your concerns, but I think that’s just asking a lot at pick 30.

My comments about the KC game had to do with why we had to game plan that way.  If you can’t consistently get pressure on Mahomes with 4 rushers, then you’re stuck scheming like we had to.  Take away the intermediate and deep passes and let the run and short passing games kill you slowly.  A good pass rush with our front four would have allowed us to play closer to the LOS and more aggressively against the run and short passes.  That’s what I’m looking to do and I would take the player that could best help in that regard. 

• Like (+1) 2

AFC East haul in Kiper’s mock:

jets 

2 - Zach Wilson QB

23 - Greg newsome CB

34 - Travis etienne RB

miami 

Trade up to 4 for Kyle Pitts TE

18 - Kwity Paye DE

36 - Javonte Williams RB

50 - Jalen Mayfield OT

Patriots

Trade up to 10 for Justin Fields QB

46 - Amari Rogers WR

57 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

jets 

2 - Zach Wilson QB

23 - Greg newsome CB

34 - Travis etienne RB

miami 

18 - Kwity Paye DE

36 - Javonte Williams RB

50 - Jalen Mayfield OT

Patriots

46 - Amari Rogers WR

Really wouldn’t like the Dolphins grabbing all that firepower, even if Tua is still their QB.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

jets 

2 - Zach Wilson QB

23 - Greg newsome CB

34 - Travis etienne RB

miami 

18 - Kwity Paye DE

36 - Javonte Williams RB

50 - Jalen Mayfield OT

Patriots

46 - Amari Rogers WR

I do not want to see Justin Fields on the Patriots 

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Where's Brad Butler on your list? He was coming along nicely before he unexpectedly retired at age 26?

Brad Butler wasn't very good at all imo. He also was injured virtually all of the time.

Bills Fans would cling to him, hoping that we had even one player on the OL who was even slightly capable of blocking another NFL player. Butler was a half step better than the likes of Terrance Pennington, this when he was healthy. 

Jmo.

On 2/25/2021 at 1:28 PM, billsfan89 said:

I can't honestly think of the last time this team had a good RT before Williams this season. Maybe Langston Walker or Peters over a decade ago? 

Langston Walker was incredibly bad. By the time he got into his stance, the qb was hurried or sacked. 

As I recall, the Bills signed Walker and the equally horrid Derrick Dockery as UFAs. Their (non-guaranteed) contracts were worth well over 90 million dollars, and these guys were flat out disgraceful. They were SO bad that it was painful to watch.

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

jets 

2 - Zach Wilson QB

23 - Greg newsome CB

34 - Travis etienne RB

miami 

18 - Kwity Paye DE

36 - Javonte Williams RB

50 - Jalen Mayfield OT

Patriots

46 - Amari Rogers WR

Would sadly be an excellent start to the draft for the Patriots. Fields ended up as my #2 graded QB in the draft (also FWIW Wilson ended up #4).

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

As am I 

share no GIF

Save us, Kyle! I still haven’t forgiven him for 28-3.

2 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Would sadly be an excellent start to the draft for the Patriots. Fields ended up as my #2 graded QB in the draft (also FWIW Wilson ended up #4).

Same as Kiper. 

• Like (+1) 1