Any one have Espn Insider? Just curious about Kipers mock

BeastMode54

23 hours ago, DallasBillsFan1 said:

I'd be cool with this pick.  I recall watching the championship game and thinking he might be available at 30 and a good pick up.  Maybe another team will scoop him up prior to 30?

Only realistic possibilities IMO are the Jets and Dolphins with one of their second first rounder picks. Not a lot of teams are in need of RB's this year. Especially from about pick 15 and beyond. The Steelers are one but I don't think they can afford to take one in the first round. I expect either Ettiene or Harris to be there at 30. One of the two will probably land with the Jets or Dolphins before the Bills pick.

On 2/25/2021 at 12:54 PM, Logic said:

I have a general policy as it relates to the draft:

I never, ever get mad at the Bills for drafting big uglies.

No matter what else changes in the NFL, games are still won and lost in the trenches.

OL and DL are never "sexy picks", but they are crucial to sustained success. Look no further than the result of this year's Super Bowl for proof positive.

“The game is won and lost in the trenches”  

That old true-ism persists because it’s true...

• Like (+1) 3

The Buffalo Bills have a Mock Draft watch on their website that includes Kiper:

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/2021-mock-draft-watch-3-0

February 25: ESPN, Mel Kiper Jr.

No. 30 - OT Teven Jenkins, Oklahoma State

This pick could depend on whether free-agent right tackle Daryl Williams returns and whether the Bills think former second-round pick Cody Ford could kick out to tackle. If they view him as a guard, tackle becomes a hole to fill. Jenkins played on both the left and right sides at Oklahoma State. I could see Buffalo targeting a cornerback if a guy the organization likes makes it to No. 30, and I think running back should be an option as well. This is a team that is close to being a Super Bowl contender.

Mock Draft 2.0 -- with three projected trades https://t.co/MttyvM9jOg

— Mel Kiper Jr. (@MelKiperESPN) February 25, 2021

Right now everyone seems to be predicting that the Bills go for an OT.

18 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The Buffalo Bills have a Mock Draft watch on their website that includes Kiper:

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/2021-mock-draft-watch-3-0

February 25: ESPN, Mel Kiper Jr.

No. 30 - OT Teven Jenkins, Oklahoma State

This pick could depend on whether free-agent right tackle Daryl Williams returns and whether the Bills think former second-round pick Cody Ford could kick out to tackle. If they view him as a guard, tackle becomes a hole to fill. Jenkins played on both the left and right sides at Oklahoma State. I could see Buffalo targeting a cornerback if a guy the organization likes makes it to No. 30, and I think running back should be an option as well. This is a team that is close to being a Super Bowl contender.

Mock Draft 2.0 -- with three projected trades https://t.co/MttyvM9jOg

— Mel Kiper Jr. (@MelKiperESPN) February 25, 2021

Right now everyone seems to be predicting that the Bills go for an OT.

“This team is close to being a super bowl contender”. 

No.....we ARE a super bowl contender. We are close to being super bowl champions.

I don’t really care who we select.  I just hope that he’s a good starter that we can depend on for the next 8+ years 

• Like (+1) 2

• 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

In kiper’s latest mock, the bills stay at 30 and select Azeez Ojulari, EDGE, UGA

Don't like it. He's not a 4-3 DE in this defense. He's a stand up edge rusher in a 3-4. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, H2o said:

Don't like it. He's not a 4-3 DE in this defense. He's a stand up edge rusher in a 3-4. 

This. Not sure he has the frame or body type to carry the weight he would need to in order to make the adjustment to a guy who plays all 3 downs and puts his hand in the dirt as a d-end. 

He has us taking Benajmin St-Juste in round 2. I really like St-Juste but that is early for him. I could make the argument at the back of round 3... he is that late day 2, early day 3 type for me. He is a scheme fit for Buffalo but he is limited athletically to go that high for me. 

Yea, call me not in love with those picks by Mel. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Agree 2

36 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Thats who I want.  I would trade up for him.

He’s looks like he will be a lot like Yannick Ngakoue in that he will be an elite or near elite speed rusher, but have trouble against the run.  He’d be a steal anywhere near 30.  He will definitely have a place on a 4 man front in today’s NFL, just like Ngakoue does.  He will be especially useful on a team with a high powered offense in the same way Dwight Freeney was on the Colts with Manning.  Get ahead, make your opponent go to the air and get to their QB.  

I know that the Browns love him, though they are a physical away from signing Clowney so I doubt they go that direction unless that falls through.    As for the Bills, if they want to beat the likes of KC they’re going to have to get to the QB with a four man rush.  Adding a player like Ojulari would be huge in that regard. 

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

This. Not sure he has the frame or body type to carry the weight he would need to in order to make the adjustment to a guy who plays all 3 downs and puts his hand in the dirt as a d-end. 

He has us taking Benajmin St-Juste in round 2. I really like St-Juste but that is early for him. I could make the argument at the back of round 3... he is that late day 2, early day 3 type for me. He is a scheme fit for Buffalo but he is limited athletically to go that high for me. 

Yea, call me not in love with those picks by Mel. 

He's basically Robert Mathis.  How was he against the run?

I actually heard in a podcast that Azeez is actually decent against the run.  He fights hard and isn't easily pushed around.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

He’s looks like he will be a lot like Yannick Ngakoue in that he will be an elite or near elite speed rusher, but have trouble against the run.  He’d be a steal anywhere near 30.  He will definitely have a place on a 4 man front in today’s NFL, just like Ngakoue does.  He will be especially useful on a team with a high powered offense in the same way Dwight Freeney was on the Colts with Manning.  Get ahead, make your opponent go to the air and get to their QB.  

I know that the Browns love him, though they are a physical away from signing Clowney so I doubt they go that direction unless that falls through.    As for the Bills, if they want to beat the likes of KC they’re going to have to get to the QB with a four man rush.  Adding a player like Ojulari would be huge in that regard. 

Ojulari was really good against the run in college against some big boy OLs in the SEC

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Freeney plaid between 265-270lbs for his career, but was still lightening quick. Yannick is more likely of a comparison, but Yannick isn't elite either. Ojulari is not a 4-3 DE in this defense unless you basically want to tell teams to just run the ball to his side of the field where he will be mauled by 300lb+ OT's or pulling G's. 

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

The Bills shut down KC’s passing game and they proceeded to run all over our D. 

For me, we need a more prototypical DE who can set the edge and rush the QB. Is that him? 

Edited by TroutDog

I will take one on one pass rush ability over run stopping any day. If Edmunds rebounds and starts to take better angles to the run lane the run defense will be fine. Get a big body in the middle and the run defense gets better.

Get younger and more explosive on the edge. That's why I like Edmunds at OLB but probably not going to happen.

if a decent speed rusher somehow falls to us at 30, and we get some big mean ugly for the gut of the d in round 2 or so, and i suppose RB, CB2, and G or TE or whatever later, im calling that a sick draft.