Dez Bryant Wants to Play Two More Years

Gugny

Hard to remember another WR that fell off a cliff starting at age 27 after 2 1300+ yard seasons and a 1200+ yard season in a row, along with 12,13 and 16 TD catches, the last of which led the entire NFL...

I mean Stevie Johnson is there if you want him but he was more a #1 by default because our offenses were so devoid of talent...he posted 3 straight 1000+ yard seasons and then never cracked 600 yards again starting at age 27. That in large part was due to volume, getting 134-148 targets all 3 years but with pretty low catch percentages in the low 50s all 3 years.

Edited by Big Turk

7 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

I am here to announce that I also have two years left in me.  Sure I am 37 and out of shape, but I've never played a down in the NFL so a lot of tread left on the tires.   Also, I would gladly play for the Vet Minimum.  

Maybe they can save money using you as a tackling dummy and not pay rentals on the dummies.

36 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Hard to remember another WR that fell off a cliff starting at age 27 after 2 1300+ yard seasons and a 1200+ yard season in a row, along with 12,13 and 16 TD catches, the last of which led the entire NFL...

I mean Stevie Johnson is there if you want him but he was more a #1 by default because our offenses were so devoid of talent...he posted 3 straight 1000+ yard seasons and then never cracked 600 yards again starting at age 27. That in large part was due to volume, getting 134-148 targets all 3 years but with pretty low catch percentages in the low 50s all 3 years.

It was due to Fitzpatrick working with him when neither were starters and Fitzpatrick understanding that Stevie made it to the throw points but did not necessary run route as designed but adjusted route to what he saw on field.  It took a QB of Fitzpatrick's intelligence to see what he was doing.

Revis, who was best CB the Bills faced on a regular basis, made Revis look like a rookie.. 

https://vault.si.com/vault/2013/11/04/the-case-for-stevie-johnson

Richard Sherman also had issues covering him and acknowledged he was a great WR.

I think Stevie's issue was he did not do a lot of work in offseason and it hampered his performance as he got older.

47 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Whatever it takes to earn the 730000k.  I feel like a dummy at my current job for a 7th of that.

Take it! “Pull a bad hammy” or “tweak your back”  and go on IR Day One, Hour One! 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1