Dez Bryant Wants to Play Two More Years

Gugny

He is handling his exit from Baltimore with grace, professionalism and diplomacy.  I hope someone gives him a chance.

Responding to a fan's comment that he should've been given a better opportunity, Bryant wrote: "It's hard. I've been off almost three years. I flashed my abilities to the point [Ravens coach John] Harbaugh asked was I ready to play because he thought I was ready ...You have to learn the playbook ... chemistry with the QB have to be on point."

Asked whether his chemistry was off with quarterback Lamar Jackson, Bryant wrote: "Our chemistry was good on and off the field. But it was guys there before me who understood the offensive concepts better than me. You can't jeopardize that."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30953444/dez-bryant-plans-play-two-more-years-with-ravens-six-game-stint-baltimore

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I think he is a player who still has plays left but not a lot.

His concern about other players knowing the offensive concepts more than him means he needs to be on  a team with concepts he is familiar with since he will not get a lot of reps.  He needs a OC who is good teacher and can find a few routes he can be called on to play which will be specialized for him.  Considering salary he got from Baltimore I am guessing he will be looking for a veteran minimum salary which is doable if he can show enough in training camp.

6 hours ago, Limeaid said:

I think he is a player who still has plays left but not a lot.

His concern about other players knowing the offensive concepts more than him means he needs to be on  a team with concepts he is familiar with since he will not get a lot of reps.  He needs a OC who is good teacher and can find a few routes he can be called on to play which will be specialized for him.  Considering salary he got from Baltimore I am guessing he will be looking for a veteran minimum salary which is doable if he can show enough in training camp.

Maybe he is just lazy and didn't go to Oklahoma State on an academic scholarship.

7 hours ago, Gugny said:

He is handling his exit from Baltimore with grace, professionalism and diplomacy.  I hope someone gives him a chance.

Responding to a fan's comment that he should've been given a better opportunity, Bryant wrote: "It's hard. I've been off almost three years. I flashed my abilities to the point [Ravens coach John] Harbaugh asked was I ready to play because he thought I was ready ...You have to learn the playbook ... chemistry with the QB have to be on point."

Asked whether his chemistry was off with quarterback Lamar Jackson, Bryant wrote: "Our chemistry was good on and off the field. But it was guys there before me who understood the offensive concepts better than me. You can't jeopardize that."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30953444/dez-bryant-plans-play-two-more-years-with-ravens-six-game-stint-baltimore

Players are the end of the road will always tell the media two more years because its sounds better than just saying i want to play one more season.  Stick a fork in him because he is done

Edited by Niagara Dude

12 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Players are the end of the road will always tell the media two more years because its sounds better than just saying i want to play one more season.  Stick a fork in him because he is done

Exactly. It’s like how everyone think TO was some great guy here. He did what he needed to do (though TO was much, much better than Dez when he was here).