Bills prospect Texas Tech OL Jack Anderson

YoloinOhio

I have thought about some of this and have an opinion.  My opinion is that this team, long term, is about QB 17 - Our Josh.  

That having been established in my mind, I think further that OL and the protection of this central theme will be high priority this off-season.  

Thus,  I believe that a very solid effort will be made to sign the RT - Williams this off season.  And that #30, or thereabouts, will be an IOL.  

If they add to that again later I would not be surprised.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, CNYfan said:

I have thought about some of this and have an opinion.  My opinion is that this team, long term, is about QB 17 - Our Josh.  

That having been established in my mind, I think further that OL and the protection of this central theme will be high priority this off-season.  

Thus,  I believe that a very solid effort will be made to sign the RT - Williams this off season.  And that #30, or thereabouts, will be an IOL.  

If they add to that again later I would not be surprised.

I think there's something to this line of thought.  Give your QB time to throw and keep him on his feet and he'll find someone open.  Keep him running for his life and it doesn't matter how many skill players he has around him. 

I know a lot of people are clamoring for the Bills to take an O-line player high. But my preference would be to try and retain Mongo and D.Williams (and Ty on a one year deal for depth) and draft in rounds 4-6 a O-line for depth and to take over for Mongo 3 seasons from now. And while I am never one to shy away from high draft picks along the O-line I think Anderson is the exact type of player that would fit the type of prospect that could be a good value in round 4-5. Ideally I would like to go with a swing tackle that can kick in but an OG/C combo isn't bad depth either.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

For point of reference, I just want to remind us all that Beane Drafted Wyatt Teller that in his second or third season after being traded to the Browns had arguably one of the best Offensive Line / Guard seasons in 2020. He was Drafted in the 5th Round. So, I completely agree that drafting at least one Offensive Lineman should be a priority - for a variety of reasons - I also don't want us to discount the value in those mid to late rounds. 

For years the previous Bills' GMs could not Draft to save their life but this regime has the chops to know specifically how and when to Draft talent and the coaching staff to maximize those players' abilities and impact for the good of the team.

12 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

I know a lot of people are clamoring for the Bills to take an O-line player high. But my preference would be to try and retain Mongo and D.Williams (and Ty on a one year deal for depth) and draft in rounds 4-6 a O-line for depth and to take over for Mongo 3 seasons from now. And while I am never one to shy away from high draft picks along the O-line I think Anderson is the exact type of player that would fit the type of prospect that could be a good value in round 4-5. Ideally I would like to go with a swing tackle that can kick in but an OG/C combo isn't bad depth either.

Most of these people live in CLEVELAND

• Haha (+1) 2

I’ll leave the scouting to the scouts, but I’ve always found it hard to believe that professionals who are paid to watch film and evaluate talent can’t consistently find O Linemen that are capable of playing at the NFL level. I’m sure it’s more difficult than I suspect but it doesn’t seem like it would be. 

• Like (+1) 1

I actually watched some of his tape on Monday night. I think if he gets into the down he is good but he gets beaten at the snap too often for me. Not sure if it is a timing issue or a leverage issue or maybe a combination of the two. Definitely has some nice power to his game and he doesn't quit on plays even when he does get beaten early. Developmental player for my money. 5th round or later. 

36 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I actually watched some of his tape on Monday night. I think if he gets into the down he is good but he gets beaten at the snap too often for me. Not sure if it is a timing issue or a leverage issue or maybe a combination of the two. Definitely has some nice power to his game and he doesn't quit on plays even when he does get beaten early. Developmental player for my money. 5th round or later. 

Gunner, thanks for your insight here.  In your Mock (thanks again) you had OBD taking Dillon Radunz OT Rd 2.  Do you also see OBD taking an interior developmental OL late in draft with C/G versatility?  Any thoughts yet about the PSU C Menet?

1 hour ago, freddyjj said:

Gunner, thanks for your insight here.  In your Mock (thanks again) you had OBD taking Dillon Radunz OT Rd 2.  Do you also see OBD taking an interior developmental OL late in draft with C/G versatility?  Any thoughts yet about the PSU C Menet?

Hard to know pre-free agency, and I don't think they have enough picks to take every position where they might value someone, but I expect IOL to be on the wish list, yes. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Hard to know pre-free agency, and I don't think they have enough picks to take every position where they might value someone, but I expect IOL to be on the wish list, yes. 

Exactly, free agency will most likely address 2-3 needs, and the draft strategy will totally depend on FA.

I wouldn't be shocked if we draft 2 IOL and a RT. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Exactly, free agency will most likely address 2-3 needs, and the draft strategy will totally depend on FA.

I wouldn't be shocked if we draft 2 IOL and a RT. 

If both Feliciano and Williams walk then I expect the draft to be OL heavy. 

• Like (+1) 2