Bills suggested as trade spot for RB Christian McCaffrey?

WNY

20 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Pick # 30 in the NFL draft isnt much "currency" and yes he has mileage and RBs are a dime a dozen but if I were the Bills i would jump through hoops to get McCaffery for our pick #30.

He's not a dime a dozen; he's probably the best RB in the league when healthy given that he's as good a receiver as Cole Beasley. He would make the Bills offense/passing game almost impossible to defend.

15 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

CMC is going to be 25 this year in June which even for a RB is young but not only is he on a huge contract but if the Texans trade Watson they are looking at a 3 year rebuild around a rookie QB drafted this season or next. So by the time the Texans possibly are in contention CMC is 28 and that's towards the end of a RB's prime. I think the Texans would rather get additional draft compensation so that they can build with players who will be in the middle of their primes 3-4 years from now. 

Granted I have no clue what you can get for CMC. Stafford went for two firsts and Jamal Adams went for two firsts. CMC was a pro-bowl player in 2018 and a MVP type player in 2019. But he is coming off of a banged up 2020 and plays a non-preimum position and on a big contract. I suspect if they are shopping CMC they could at least get a late first that they could add to a Watson package.

He had over 100 receptions for over 1000 yards in 2019. That is what I'd call "premium," and it would make the Bills' offense devastating. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

He's not a dime a dozen; he's probably the best RB in the league when healthy given that he's as good a receiver as Cole Beasley. He would make the Bills offense/passing game almost impossible to defend.

He had over 100 receptions for over 1000 yards in 2019. That is what I'd call "premium," and it would make the Bills' offense devastating. 

I didnt realize i had to be so preceise so let me re-phrase.  I should have written "most Rbs are a dime a dozen" but as I said If I were the Bills i would jump through hoops to get McCaffrey for our pick #30.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1