Bills suggested as trade spot for RB Christian McCaffrey?

WNY

Of course, Carolina Panthers-Bills stream.

Never happen UNLESS we paid him a stupid amount of money (which we dont have) McCaffrey was so overwhelmed with the McDermott-Beane regime he wanted to come here which is very very unlikely.

1 minute ago, teef said:

What the hell is going on around here?

Such is the state of "journalism".  Any outlandish rumor with a star players name attached if bound to keep clicks and numbnuts like us wasting time discussing it.    

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, WNY said:

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2021/02/24/buffalo-bills-trade-christian-mccaffrey-carolina-panthers/

Don't see how we'd have the cap space, but would be one hell of a pickup.

It's crossed my mind because if Carolina wants Watson they need draft picks.    I saw McCaffrey included in a proposed Watson trade and thought that Houston would prefer a 1st rounder of any kind to a RB of any kind in such a swap.     Buffalo is positioned with a late first rounder........which should be the most that a RB with some mileage and a big contract is worth spending on.    Not a fan of that idea but the Buffalo/Carolina connection is natural and on the surface he'd kill a couple birds with one stone for the Bills so I wouldn't discount the possiblility.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It's crossed my mind because if Carolina wants Watson they need draft picks.    I saw McCaffrey included in a proposed Watson trade and thought that Houston would prefer a 1st rounder of any kind to a RB of any kind in such a swap.     Buffalo is positioned with a late first rounder........which should be the most that a RB with some mileage and a big contract is worth spending on.    Not a fan of that idea but the Buffalo/Carolina connection is natural and on the surface he'd kill a couple birds with one stone for the Bills so I wouldn't discount the possiblility.

Pick # 30 in the NFL draft isnt much "currency" and yes he has mileage and RBs are a dime a dozen but if I were the Bills i would jump through hoops to get McCaffery for our pick #30.

• WNY changed the title to Rumor: Bills suggested as trade spot for RB Christian McCaffrey?
21 minutes ago, WNY said:

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2021/02/24/buffalo-bills-trade-christian-mccaffrey-carolina-panthers/

Don't see how we'd have the cap space, but would be one hell of a pickup.

I don't think this should qualify as concrete a proposal as "rumor" makes it sound.

Basically this guy Adam Rank  speculated on 5 players who "should" be traded, and then speculated some more on who would trade for them.  Seattle?  No, I get it, the Bills!  Yeah!

It's like Columnist Madden

As the op link notes:

Any trade involving CMC seems very unlikely for the Bills, especially considering in January Buffalo general manager Brandon Beane, who was with the Panthers when McCaffrey was drafted, made it sound like he would rather focus on improving run blocking this offseason

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

His contract isn’t that bad.  Carolina already paid the signing bonus.  Only owes $8m this year and same next year.  He’s still only 24.  If Carolina is that desperate to acquire picks to acquire Watson, I’d take McCaffrey off their hands for pick 30.  

Hinges on so much, though. As was mentioned, I don't think getting rid of CMC would be an efficient path to clearing cap space, and that assumes Carolina already has the assets to acquire Watson. That assumes Watson is going to be traded and I imagine Carolina would need some kind of assurance that they were getting him if they were to deal McCaffrey, but getting rid of McCaffrey might cause Watson to decline the move to the Panthers.

TLDR: McCaffrey would be amazing given his ability to receive the ball and run it efficiently, but this is so unlikely I don't really think it's worth thinking about.

• WNY changed the title to Bills suggested as trade spot for RB Christian McCaffrey?
2 minutes ago, Buff76ers said:

Id give this year and next years 1st and singletary for him in a heart beat.

If that's the cost, you could just use the pick on a RB which would be cheaper both monetarily and from a pick standpoint (especially with the cap issues). The injuries last year are kind of worrying tbh. I had a bad ankle sprain almost 20 years ago and I can still feel it sometimes. Granted, I'm not an elite athlete but those injuries are amplified for guys who weigh well over 200 pounds.