Brandon Beane on Collinsworth’s podcast — worth a listen

Logic

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He followed his praise for Dane with "we are definitely going to bring in competition at that spot." 

I do actually think CB is unlikely at #30. I am still expecting that not all teams will love Newsome as much as I do (though the noises are that teams are higher on him than talking heads), or that teams who do like him will be willing to take him before #30. I don't think it is a great group behind the consensus top 3 and Newsome. The kid from Kentucky is also getting buzz as a late riser but I've not watched enough of him to grade him yet. 

Oh, I expect them to draft a CB somewhere.  Just not on the first 2 days.

7 hours ago, letsgoteam said:

One thing to think about is during the season if they accidentally say something that a player/team/etc takes offense to, it could derail the entire season.

If something happens early in the off season, and something happens, they have a lot more time/ways to fix the mistake. 

Granted the stakes could smaller/bigger depending on was said/etc, but, hopefully my point makes "sense". 🥴

I will also include my C.C personal story. Dont know if yall will appreciate it, but here it goes

During the CIncy MLB All Star Game in 2015, my best friend and I was in town for the entire All Star week. Well one night, we go to Tobi Keith's "I l love this bar" and an entire section is roped off and "VIP'd"

My friend and I who were not drinking (maybe we had a "drink" but nothing to make us tipsy or drunk) saw the "VIP". We recognized him, but we couldn't think of who he was. My friend thought he was a broadcaster, but couldnt think of his name, and my phone was dead so we couldn't look it up. I was on a mission that week to get Paul O'Neill's autograph since he was playing the Celebrity Softball Game and would be in town. 

I was able to convince myself that the "VIP was most likely Paul O'Neill and here is my chance for his autograph (he was taking pictures with people). Were about to leave, so I go up to him and ask, "are you Paul O'Neill". He just looked at me and said, "nope." Feeling stupid, I just say "ok, my bad" and we leave.

CC has a pretty good gig going, and as long as has been smart with his money, he should be doing pretty well, so I doubt he could careless when some schlub asked him, but I do like to wonder if my question registered any type of emotion from him. Perhaps he tells the story about some DA who thought he was P.O'N

I think that's hilarious.  Nothing pops a celebrity's bubble like confusing them for someone else.  "Are you sure you're not Paul Oneill?" 

22 hours ago, Logic said:

https://player.fm/series/the-cris-collinsworth-podcast-featuring-richard-sherman/brandon-beane-joins-to-talk-about-drafting-josh-allen-trading-for-stefon-diggs-being-pffs-gm-of-the-year-salary-cap-implications-and-much-more

I know, I know: Chris Collinsworth is the worst.

That said, his interview of Brandon Beane is worth the listen.

Richard Sherman is also a sit-in guest on the whole show, and hearing his praise of Josh Allen, Tre, Diggs, and the Bills’ culture is cool.

Beane also has some high praise for Dane Jackson. Says they really have high hopes for him.

Oh, and it sure sounds to me like Milano is a goner. 

Lots of good offseason tidbits. Give it a listen!

Personally I love the part where Collinsworth asks Beane to read the signed football he sent Beane with the Exec of the Year award.  Beane picks it up off the floor, reads "PFF never had a doubt about you" or something like that, then says "It makes a great footrest for me on my floor here"  Meanwhile Richard Sherman is just falling off his chair, no doubt recognizing some Grade A Trash when he hears it going down.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Not sure why they even bother with Feliciano. I think you just let him walk and use whatever money you would've had to spend on him towards Williams. 

What did I miss?  Now we all think Feliciano is trash too? Tough crowd, Bills Mafia.  It's getting hard to keep up...

Personally, I thought the O-line was much better when Feliciano was in the lineup.

21 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Not sure why they even bother with Feliciano. I think you just let him walk and use whatever money you would've had to spend on him towards Williams. 

I would assume they have more acknowledge of who they want to keep and who they want to replace but that just may be me.

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I think he can be upgraded. He got abused in a few games this year(Pittsburgh, KC). He’s a good depth player if they pay him as such, but if I had the choice between paying him or Williams the answer is real easy for me. Perhaps they can keep both, but that means Feliciano takes a substantial hometown discount. 

And I thought we wanted to upgrade the interior of the line? Where is the upgrade inside to improve the run game if Feliciano is brought back and Beane already suggesting Ford is going to start at one of the Guard spots?   

I’m sure they do too. My question was more so why.... unless he takes a great deal for the Bills. 

I agree with this. If it is a choice the choice is easy - Williams. 

On 2/24/2021 at 12:53 PM, BillsShredder83 said:

I agree.  The way its cool to hate Nickelback or pineapple on pizza, is an in thing with broadcasters. Happens with Tasker too. I mean theres guys i like better, but its hyperbole to say hes the worst ever.  After a few weeks of offseason ill take any Bills or football crums i can get.

It is necessary to hate all of these things. Whether it's fashionable or not is moot. 

On 2/24/2021 at 11:59 AM, Limeaid said:

Beane is one of us.  PFF makes his pants yellow.

Oh and Collinsworth seems to be Sherman's agent and appears to be warning Bills if you do not sign Sherman PFF will be bashing you all season.

I loved the part where Collinsworth made Beane read the inscribed football he sent him and Beane picked it up off the floor and said it made a nice footrest for him.  Sherman was dieing.

Collinsworth cut off Sherman several times when I thought he was going to ask or add something interesting.  Frustrating.

13 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree with this. If it is a choice the choice is easy - Williams. 

Did you catch that whole segment talking about the OL?  Beane sounded like he thought they might not be able to keep Williams, and they might play Cody Ford at RT again - did I hear that right?  It's a long interview and I can't find it.

I hope that's not the plan.

He sounded positive they would be keeping Boettger, which is interesting since he was an UDFA so an original round tender doesn't have much impact.  Must mean they plan to make him a 2nd round tender at least.

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He sounded positive they would be keeping Boettger, which is interesting since he was an UDFA so an original round tender doesn't have much impact.  Must mean they plan to make him a 2nd round tender at least.

Not necessarily.  They may have had discussions with him and his agent on potential contract already, perhaps a 2-3 year one where he can continue to develop with incentives for starts.

I’m glad to hear Beane have a high opinion of Collinsworth.  Sherman trying to work the angle to get to Buffalo.  I’d much rather see a second year 7th rounder who may be a gem found late that can be our #2 in time.  Why go after a 33 yr. old vet who is past his prime.  We gave that a shot with Norman.  It didn’t work.

I don’t hate Collinsworth as much as several, but I’ll agree he is annoying at times.  It was still worth a click so thanks OP.

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I’m glad to hear Beane have a high opinion of Collinsworth.  Sherman trying to work the angle to get to Buffalo.  I’d much rather see a second year 7th rounder who may be a gem found late that can be our #2 in time.  Why go after a 33 yr. old vet who is past his prime.  We gave that a shot with Norman.  It didn’t work.

I don’t hate Collinsworth as much as several, but I’ll agree he is annoying at times.  It was still worth a click so thanks OP.

I think Beane talking up Dane Jackson in front of Sherman was calculated 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I loved the part where Collinsworth made Beane read the inscribed football he sent him and Beane picked it up off the floor and said it made a nice footrest for him.  Sherman was dieing.

Collinsworth cut off Sherman several times when I thought he was going to ask or add something interesting.  Frustrating.

They got in a little bit of trouble when Gruden was on and they were all talking about the Sherman would want to play next year. I wonder if he's just being extra cautious because of the blowback.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think Beane talking up Dane Jackson in front of Sherman was calculated 

Ha!  I do think he sincerely thinks well of Jackson, but I wouldn’t put it past him

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea I though the same on Williams and agree he sounded like Cody back to tackle was an option. A day 1 line of 

Dawkins - Ike - Morse - Mongo - Ford

Feels a bit risky to me.

Run, Josh, Run!

I hope they have better options

19 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Run, Josh, Run!

I hope they have better options

The good news is it IS a good tackle class. There are as many as 11 or 12 guys who could legitimately go in the first two rounds. But even Dawkins - Ford - Morse - Feliciano - Rookie RT doesn't fill one with confidence. Would be a lot of pressure on the rookie to come in and hit the ground running somewhat. Can they afford a vet sticking plaster either to compete with the rook at RT or to compete with Ike inside with Ford in the mix at RT? I think they might need a guy. Someone who has at least started in the league for a few years. 

I don't hate Sherman, but every time he started talking I just wished he would be quiet and get back to Beane.  He was mostly just a distraction from the content I was actually interested in

On 2/25/2021 at 9:21 AM, dorquemada said:

I think that's hilarious.  Nothing pops a celebrity's bubble like confusing them for someone else.  "Are you sure you're not Paul Oneill?" 

I really, really wanted it to be Paul O'Neill. LOL

I was spoiled,I had gotten really lucky the year or two before "calling my shot" prior to attending a Spring Training game that my goal that day was to get Don Zimmer's autograph. I was really fortunate he only signed three autos that day. 

Edited by letsgoteam

1 hour ago, letsgoteam said:

I really, really wanted it to be Paul O'Neill. LOL

I was spoiled,I had gotten really lucky the year or two before "calling my shot" prior to attending a Spring Training game that my goal that day was to get Don Zimmer's autograph. I was really fortunate he only signed three autos that day. 

calling your shot with Paul O'Neill would have been awesome too with extra points for Seinfeld reference

Having said that, I feel like in the end, bumming out Collinsworth is even more valuable than getting O'Neill's autograph

• Thank you (+1) 1