Brandon Beane on Collinsworth’s podcast — worth a listen

Logic

https://player.fm/series/the-cris-collinsworth-podcast-featuring-richard-sherman/brandon-beane-joins-to-talk-about-drafting-josh-allen-trading-for-stefon-diggs-being-pffs-gm-of-the-year-salary-cap-implications-and-much-more

I know, I know: Chris Collinsworth is the worst.

That said, his interview of Brandon Beane is worth the listen.

Richard Sherman is also a sit-in guest on the whole show, and hearing his praise of Josh Allen, Tre, Diggs, and the Bills’ culture is cool.

Beane also has some high praise for Dane Jackson. Says they really have high hopes for him.

Oh, and it sure sounds to me like Milano is a goner. 

Lots of good offseason tidbits. Give it a listen!

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 14

4 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

Hard pass. Can’t stand the sound of Collinsworth’s voice

I get it.

Me? During the offseason, I’ll take any Bills content that I can get, even if it comes with an annoying interviewer. I ESPECIALLY want to listen if I can glean some hints about roster construction in the offseason.

To each their own.

• Like (+1) 8

22 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He’s fine. Not the best or worst. 

I agree.  The way its cool to hate Nickelback or pineapple on pizza, is an in thing with broadcasters. Happens with Tasker too. I mean theres guys i like better, but its hyperbole to say hes the worst ever.  After a few weeks of offseason ill take any Bills or football crums i can get.

Edited by BillsShredder83
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Chris Collinsworth is not the worst. I know that is sacrilige to Bills fans but he is actually pretty good. Yes he is a bit of a homer for certain teams but he does Sunday Night Football. It is the biggest game of the week. He seems a lot more Mahomes, Brady and Rodgers than he does less relevant teams. He has been pretty complimentary about the Bills the last two times he had us - v Pittsburgh and Baltimore. You know why? Because we are good. You want us to get gushed over by Chris Collinsworth? Great. We gotta be good. We finally are. His ability to break down a play 5 seconds after it has happened remains better than any of the other tv color guys. 

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

Sherman is def a Bill this offseason.  I was like, "blah, he's washed up," but he seems to thrive in zone concepts and would be a good CB 2, and if he can't do it, then someone please play Jackson, who was very very good in limited playing time.  

Sherman dropped off a cliff this year in a zone scheme. Part of that was the weakened pass rush in front of him but he would be coming here to a defense with questionable pass rush. I do think he is pretty washed up at this point and he'd have to be willing to come very cheap for me to be interested. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Obviously, the money would have to work, but Sherman is a fit for the Bills, but  not necessarily in a pure #2 CB fix IMO. I think you'd still want to get Dane Jackson on the field somehow, but also not assume that he is an every down player yet. And I think you would be trying to add an athletic CB in the draft either with that late 1st or in the 2nd round.

But Sherman still plays the game very well and is still elite in his thinking of the game. And I think he could also transition to safety easily and he has stated his willingness to do so which would allow us to play more 3 safety coverage looks with poyer or Hyde in a lurker role. 

Edited by BrooklynBills
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFan130 said:

“I have never seeeeeennnn that innnn my lifeeee!” -Chris collingsworth every game 

If any of you had ever reached the level of professional success that Collinsworth has..... Never mind, I'm just wasting keystrokes..

• Eyeroll 2

53 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Chris Collinsworth is not the worst. I know that is sacrilige to Bills fans but he is actually pretty good. Yes he is a bit of a homer for certain teams but he does Sunday Night Football. It is the biggest game of the week. He seems a lot more Mahomes, Brady and Rodgers than he does less relevant teams. He has been pretty complimentary about the Bills the last two times he had us - v Pittsburgh and Baltimore. You know why? Because we are good. You want us to get gushed over by Chris Collinsworth? Great. We gotta be good. We finally are. His ability to break down a play 5 seconds after it has happened remains better than any of the other tv color guys. 

Sherman dropped off a cliff this year in a zone scheme. Part of that was the weakened pass rush in front of him but he would be coming here to a defense with questionable pass rush. I do think he is pretty washed up at this point and he'd have to be willing to come very cheap for me to be interested. 

Sherman only played 5 games this year, so not a huge sample size.  Prior to that, very productive.  Here is a recap from a new source on TBD main page: 

"Richard Sherman (33), CB, 49ers

Sherman played in just five games last season but is just a year removed from being a key piece for a 49ers defense that reached the Super Bowl. If he joined the Bills he’d be asked to be the team’s no. 2 cornerback next to White. Sherman led the NFL for cornerbacks with 25.3 coverage snaps per reception in 2020."

Now there’s a guy...