Brandon Beane on Collinsworth’s podcast — worth a listen

Logic

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

Oh and Collinsworth seems to be Sherman's agent and appears to be warning Bills if you do not sign Sherman PFF will be bashing you all season.

Which would make it the same as every other year ;) 

3 hours ago, Logic said:

https://player.fm/series/the-cris-collinsworth-podcast-featuring-richard-sherman/brandon-beane-joins-to-talk-about-drafting-josh-allen-trading-for-stefon-diggs-being-pffs-gm-of-the-year-salary-cap-implications-and-much-more

I know, I know: Chris Collinsworth is the worst.

That said, his interview of Brandon Beane is worth the listen.

Richard Sherman is also a sit-in guest on the whole show, and hearing his praise of Josh Allen, Tre, Diggs, and the Bills’ culture is cool.

Beane also has some high praise for Dane Jackson. Says they really have high hopes for him.

Oh, and it sure sounds to me like Milano is a goner. 

Lots of good offseason tidbits. Give it a listen!

Collinsworth aside, Beane is a great interview. He's always straight forward and interesting to listen to. His answers also give you a great look into the inner workings of this organization and the thought processes behind them. Thanks for posting.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He’s fine. Not the best or worst. 

I don't mind him either. Both he and Michaels are SNF as they have been doing the games for a long time. I expect they will be doing at least two Bills games next season.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

Sherman only played 5 games this year, so not a huge sample size.  Prior to that, very productive.  Here is a recap from a new source on TBD main page: 

"Richard Sherman (33), CB, 49ers

Sherman played in just five games last season but is just a year removed from being a key piece for a 49ers defense that reached the Super Bowl. If he joined the Bills he’d be asked to be the team’s no. 2 cornerback next to White. Sherman led the NFL for cornerbacks with 25.3 coverage snaps per reception in 2020."

Sherman also gave up 4 touchdowns in those 5 games. He gave up 1 all year in 2019. Passer rating throwing at him was 116.2

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Sherman also gave up 4 touchdowns in those 5 games. He gave up 1 all year in 2019. Passer rating throwing at him was 116.2

He’s about as pass rush dependent as they come nowadays.  

if we can get seriously bolster our pass rush, I wouldn’t be against signing him to a team friendly deal.  Less than what we gave Norman or I’d pass

1 hour ago, ndirish1978 said:

Watched this on Youtube. Enjoyed Beane dumping on PFF. Milano is definitely gone, probably D Williams too. He basically said the team was going to allow them to test the market, if they didn't like what they were offered he would make them an offer.

Ahhh I really hope they can sign Darryl Williams.

Re signing him and getting watt are the top 2 things I hope beane does in Free agency

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Chris Collinsworth is not the worst. I know that is sacrilige to Bills fans but he is actually pretty good. Yes he is a bit of a homer for certain teams but he does Sunday Night Football. It is the biggest game of the week. He seems a lot more Mahomes, Brady and Rodgers than he does less relevant teams. He has been pretty complimentary about the Bills the last two times he had us - v Pittsburgh and Baltimore. You know why? Because we are good. You want us to get gushed over by Chris Collinsworth? Great. We gotta be good. We finally are. His ability to break down a play 5 seconds after it has happened remains better than any of the other tv color guys. 

Sherman dropped off a cliff this year in a zone scheme. Part of that was the weakened pass rush in front of him but he would be coming here to a defense with questionable pass rush. I do think he is pretty washed up at this point and he'd have to be willing to come very cheap for me to be interested. 

Man, you're pretty smart and all, but the way you pontificate with such authority and speak as though you're a team official really cracks me up.

I watch Sunday Night Football just like everybody else. Although I do have to say that for me, personally, I find it very difficult to sit through ANY broadcast that Chris Collinsworth is doing even as "talented" as some of you say he is. And it's not even because he isn't capable or qualified, it's simply for the fact that I can't understand a word he is saying with Tom Brady's !$%# in his mouth. =P

chriscollinsworth.jpg

Go Bills!

Edited by BillsFan692

5 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Both Beane and Coach McD seemed more relaxed in interviews post season.

One thing to think about is during the season if they accidentally say something that a player/team/etc takes offense to, it could derail the entire season.

If something happens early in the off season, and something happens, they have a lot more time/ways to fix the mistake. 

Granted the stakes could smaller/bigger depending on was said/etc, but, hopefully my point makes "sense". 🥴

I will also include my C.C personal story. Dont know if yall will appreciate it, but here it goes

During the CIncy MLB All Star Game in 2015, my best friend and I was in town for the entire All Star week. Well one night, we go to Tobi Keith's "I l love this bar" and an entire section is roped off and "VIP'd"

My friend and I who were not drinking (maybe we had a "drink" but nothing to make us tipsy or drunk) saw the "VIP". We recognized him, but we couldn't think of who he was. My friend thought he was a broadcaster, but couldnt think of his name, and my phone was dead so we couldn't look it up. I was on a mission that week to get Paul O'Neill's autograph since he was playing the Celebrity Softball Game and would be in town. 

I was able to convince myself that the "VIP was most likely Paul O'Neill and here is my chance for his autograph (he was taking pictures with people). Were about to leave, so I go up to him and ask, "are you Paul O'Neill". He just looked at me and said, "nope." Feeling stupid, I just say "ok, my bad" and we leave.

CC has a pretty good gig going, and as long as has been smart with his money, he should be doing pretty well, so I doubt he could careless when some schlub asked him, but I do like to wonder if my question registered any type of emotion from him. Perhaps he tells the story about some DA who thought he was P.O'N

Edited by letsgoteam
added story
  • Haha (+1) 1

If you have an hour it's definitely worth listening to or watching on youtube. I've always been a fan of Sherman because I think he is an interesting, intelligent, dude. Listening to him break down how diggs impacted the team is great, I think he'll make a great analyst someday. 

• Like (+1) 1

Beane is always great value as an interview. I think he is pretty candid and straight most of the time he speaks. Based on what he says there about out free agents my conclusion is:

They expect Milano to walk but the door remains open if he finds a tough market;

They are going to try and bring Williams back but they are not super confident they can get to his number;

They expect to be able to work something out with Feliciano. 

He didn't quite say it like that but that was how it came across. Interestingly on bringing in free agents from elsewhere I thought what he said about 2 or 3 year deals which are really one year deals was interesting. That is what I expect as well. I've said it in the Watt thread. I'm fine with them getting to a number where Watt is guaranteed to get $20m+ in 2 years with the team so long as the contract is accounted for on the cap over 3 years to retain a bit of flexibility. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, letsgoteam said:

One thing to think about is during the season if they accidentally say something that a player/team/etc takes offense to, it could derail the entire season.

If something happens early in the off season, and something happens, they have a lot more time/ways to fix the mistake. 

Granted the stakes could smaller/bigger depending on was said/etc, but, hopefully my point makes "sense". 🥴

I think it has partially due to they have had some rest.  Being a HC or GM takes a lot of hours and a bit fewer during this period.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Logic said:

https://player.fm/series/the-cris-collinsworth-podcast-featuring-richard-sherman/brandon-beane-joins-to-talk-about-drafting-josh-allen-trading-for-stefon-diggs-being-pffs-gm-of-the-year-salary-cap-implications-and-much-more

I know, I know: Chris Collinsworth is the worst.

That said, his interview of Brandon Beane is worth the listen.

Richard Sherman is also a sit-in guest on the whole show, and hearing his praise of Josh Allen, Tre, Diggs, and the Bills’ culture is cool.

Beane also has some high praise for Dane Jackson. Says they really have high hopes for him.

Oh, and it sure sounds to me like Milano is a goner. 

Lots of good offseason tidbits. Give it a listen!

So, sounds like no first round CB.  GB's gonna have to blow up his mock and Bill will be saved from a coronary.  

26 minutes ago, Doc said:

So, sounds like no first round CB.  GB's gonna have to blow up his mock and Bill will be saved from a coronary.  

He followed his praise for Dane with "we are definitely going to bring in competition at that spot." 

I do actually think CB is unlikely at #30. I am still expecting that not all teams will love Newsome as much as I do (though the noises are that teams are higher on him than talking heads), or that teams who do like him will be willing to take him before #30. I don't think it is a great group behind the consensus top 3 and Newsome. The kid from Kentucky is also getting buzz as a late riser but I've not watched enough of him to grade him yet. 

• Like (+1) 1