What da f is happening in Buffalo public school - claims “all white people perpetuate systemic racism???

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

unfortunately you’re dealing with this @Buffarukus

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=alt-left

yeah, when you call out the radicals they usually come out and try to derail the topic. i try not to give the desired attention as its usually a waste of time. not like i can have a reasonable discussion or change the mind of somone who includes "filthy bigot" as a predisposition.

i can imagine he fine tooth combed my post again, saw nothing more to latch onto after he cherry picked topics of his choice, and will not reply again. 

i went to buffalo public schools. if this is true its somewhat personal. i guess that's why im more inclined to engage with posters i normally wouldn't on this one. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

People were warning you BLM had nothing to do with black lives.  It's a front for communism and was probably a Chinese Intelligence psyop.  

Anyone wondering wtf is going on.....that's near the top of the list.  All the stuff we used to do to third world dumpster fires to keep communism in check, those third world commie dumpster fires are doing to us. 

Biden’s nominee to head the CIA has shocker......close ties to the CCP

On 2/24/2021 at 4:24 PM, daz28 said:

You know all the rhetoric, so I won't bother posting it all.  Few bad apples, etc, etc

There NEEDS to be accountability, and the system has to admit it has a problem before it can start fixing it.  Not many bureaucracies are going to throw egg on their own faces.

I agree there needs to be accountability and that accountability has to start with individuals and their actions. I actually do not understand why anyone , especially blacks, lives in liberal cities with racist cops and racist schools when they could move and have better lives living in my neighborhood. We have a nice mix of colors and beliefs in my neighborhood but we all have one major thing common, we are responsible for our own actions and therefore get along great. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/25/2021 at 5:23 PM, Buffalo Timmy said:

I agree there needs to be accountability and that accountability has to start with individuals and their actions. I actually do not understand why anyone , especially blacks, lives in liberal cities with racist cops and racist schools when they could move and have better lives living in my neighborhood. We have a nice mix of colors and beliefs in my neighborhood but we all have one major thing common, we are responsible for our own actions and therefore get along great. 

Very well said. Our daughter’s high school was a real life laboratory for this position. It was a real mix of whites, blacks and Hispanic families. The kids all got along. The parents as well. There was none of this manufactured tribalism crap. Critical Race Theory is a construct of the mentally lazy. Try improving the content of your character. It’s amazing what kind of results you’ll see. 

• Agree 2

24 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Very well said. Our daughter’s high school was a real life laboratory for this position. It was a real mix of whites, blacks and Hispanic families. The kids all got along. The parents as well. There was none of this manufactured tribalism crap. Critical Race Theory is a construct of the mentally lazy. Try improving the content of your character. It’s amazing what kind of results you’ll see. 

The loonies on the far right and far left create most of our problems.  

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, daz28 said:

Yeah the people who have almost zero political power are to blame. If we all just keep voting for the 2 nearly identical mainstream political parties then the problems in our country will start to go away.

7 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

Yeah the people who have almost zero political power are to blame. If we all just keep voting for the 2 nearly identical mainstream political parties then the problems in our country will start to go away.

I'm not going to disagree that the 2 party system has devolved into a disaster, but that's a ton of hyperbole to say they have almost zero power, and that both parties are nearly identical.  Not only do they have to compromise with the other party, but now they have to compromise WITHIN their own party as well.  The fact that no one will compromise makes that particularly difficult.  Centrist ideas that are popular with the people should literally FLY through Congress, but neither side is willing to give the other side a 'win'.  In fact, it's gone so far that now we are just reversing course every 2-4 years.

9 hours ago, daz28 said:

Except that Critical Race Theory being taught in taxpayer funded public schools isn't the FAR anything.  It is right there in the center of the action...and needs to stop.

• Like (+1) 2

This ***** has gone off the rails. It's become apropos to be involved in some type of movement because that's what media perpetuates. I mean for the love of God.  Dr. Seuss of all people is now being canceled. 

https://www.foxnews.com/us/loudoun-county-public-schools-dr-seuss-racial-undertones?cmpid=prn_newsstand

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

This ***** has gone off the rails. It's become apropos to be involved in some type of movement because that's what media perpetuates. I mean for the love of God.  Dr. Seuss of all people is now being canceled. 

https://www.foxnews.com/us/loudoun-county-public-schools-dr-seuss-racial-undertones?cmpid=prn_newsstand

Again?

Yeah... I have never been a fan of the faulty overly-broad use of "systemic".

It is one of those buzzwords that are too often thrown into any diversity discussions as if it lends some kind of undeniably reasonable, practical, or enlightened higher ground.

Those politically-correct terms and their overuse are a pet peeve of mine as they limit and cheapen honest dialogue.

I know for a fact that I cannot speak for the experiences of folks of color, but I am pretty sure they cannot speak for my experiences either.

That is both fair and reasonable, and in my own experience working with different cultures around the globe, that has been a good place for most folks to start to better understand each other.

Perhaps folks can have a more  meaningful and productive dialogue if they did so without trying to preface it with a liberal application of blindly prejudiced blaming from the get-go.

Edited by WideNine

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

[district analysis of the program found that more than 70 percent of students enrolled in the program were white and Asian, even though nearly 80 percent of all Boston public school students are Hispanic and Black.

Last fall, 453 students received invitations, 143 students applied and 116 enrolled this year, officials said.]

so 310 students did not even apply and 27 who did, did not make it in. unless all 27 were black and hispanic the real issue might be why aren't black/hispanic kids applying!? could a contributing factor be kids not thinking they have a shot because they get told their skin color will be a factor that holds them back in their lives? it doesn't even say what % of black hispanics are eliminated that attempted to attend yet has leaders, who should be well aware of specific stats when it comes to enrollment, getting  "disturbed".

I'm disturbed these people need a  pandemic to notice things like this and year long "studies" to figure them out for the first time.

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

[district analysis of the program found that more than 70 percent of students enrolled in the program were white and Asian, even though nearly 80 percent of all Boston public school students are Hispanic and Black.

Last fall, 453 students received invitations, 143 students applied and 116 enrolled this year, officials said.]

so 310 students did not even apply and 27 who did, did not make it in. unless all 27 were black and hispanic the real issue might be why aren't black/hispanic kids applying!? could a contributing factor be kids not thinking they have a shot because they get told their skin color will be a factor that holds them back in their lives? it doesn't even say what % of black hispanics are eliminated that attempted to attend yet has leaders, who should be well aware of specific stats when it comes to enrollment, getting  "disturbed".

I'm disturbed these people need a  pandemic to notice things like this and year long "studies" to figure them out for the first time.

Just based off my own experience as a school psychologist in Syracuse and Buffalo for a few years each, parental involvement is the most important factor in a student's success.  In general, black students families are less involved in their education so it wouldn't surprise me if the majority of the 310 students who didn't apply were black students.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Just based off my own experience as a school psychologist in Syracuse and Buffalo for a few years each, parental involvement is the most important factor in a student's success.  In general, black students families are less involved in their education so it wouldn't surprise me if the majority of the 310 students who didn't apply were black students.

I believe you are right, thus combining the information here we are seeing, your observation and CRT, the conclusion must be that it is racist to be involved in your child’s education or support their achievement because it manifests as white privilege. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood