Jeff Bezos Linked to Washington Team Football (WTF) Sales Talk

Punching Bag

39 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Definitely smaller beans relatively speaking but is this any different from Michael Jordan owning the Charlotte Hornets while the Jordan Brand is plastered on every team’s jerseys?

That’s a good question. I don’t know anything about that scenario.

obviously I think Bezo’s buying into the league wouldn’t be stopped because of the Amazon thing, but it’s one side that would require some legal hoola-hooping I’m sure. 

5 hours ago, whatdrought said:

obviously I think Bezo’s buying into the league wouldn’t be stopped because of the Amazon thing, but it’s one side that would require some legal hoola-hooping I’m sure. 

maybe but he’s not going to be CEO of Amazon by the end of the year.

8 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Yeah, probably true but I think they'd find a way to make it work if Snyder and Bezos actually want to play ball with each other. Bezos has always been the guy to watch if Snyder wants to sell the team, especially now considering that the new Amazon HQ is being built here.

I would imagine a lot of the owners in the league would not be fans of Bezos joining the club though given both the egos involved money-wise and also the political leanings.

4 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

maybe but he’s not going to be CEO of Amazon by the end of the year.

yeah, but I think he still owns a majority share of it. plus, I thought he was gonna be executive CEO or some made up title where he still calls shots but doesn’t have to do as much?

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

Yeah, probably true but I think they'd find a way to make it work if Snyder and Bezos actually want to play ball with each other. Bezos has always been the guy to watch if Snyder wants to sell the team, especially now considering that the new Amazon HQ is being built here.

I would imagine a lot of the owners in the league would not be fans of Bezos joining the club though given both the egos involved money-wise and also the political leanings.

Who knows. Bezo’s seems like someone who couldn’t help but try to change things he’s involved in (for better or worse) so I could see them not wanting him to come in an make waves. 

I’m so intrigued by the way the owners operate together... on one hand, they’re almost like a quasi-board or directors running a multi billion dollar company together, but on the other hand they’re competitors each looking out for number 1. A weird dynamic I’m sure.

• Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, Limeaid said:

https://frontofficesports.com/jeff-bezos-washington-football-team/

Not only fans want to break ties but minority owners.

He is the owner of the Washington Post who posted several articles which forced $nyder to change practices and new Public Relations attorney.

That would not be a good thing for the league,  there is such a thing as having too much money.  Next thing you have to worry about him making side deals with players to get them paid outside of listed salary.  I have seen this in the NBA and questionable tactics being used by Steve Balmer with at net worth of about 75 billion

5 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

That would not be a good thing for the league,  there is such a thing as having too much money.  Next thing you have to worry about him making side deals with players to get them paid outside of listed salary.  I have seen this in the NBA and questionable tactics being used by Steve Balmer with at net worth of about 75 billion

It is not illegal since TB12 deal has not been shutdown.