Jeff Bezos Linked to Washington Team Football (WTF) Sales Talk

Punching Bag

https://frontofficesports.com/jeff-bezos-washington-football-team/

Jeff Bezos has been interested in NFL team ownership for some time — and The Washington Football team could be on his private wish list.

Bezos’ attorney spoke with Baltimore-based sports investment banking firm Moag & Co., which led the effort to sell a chunk of the team, according to court documents obtained by Front Office Sports. 

Not only fans want to break ties but minority owners.

Moag was hired by the team’s three minority owners to explore a sale of their shares in the team. Two California billionaires, Behdad Eghbali and Jose Feliciano, offered to purchase the minority stake of about 40%, The Washington Post reported. 

Snyder used his right of first refusal to block Schar from selling his stake. The co-owners — who also include FedEx chief executive Fred Smith and investor Robert Rothman — sued Snyder for holding up the sale. That litigation that is pending in federal court. 

He is the owner of the Washington Post who posted several articles which forced $nyder to change practices and new Public Relations attorney.

Bezos, 57, announced on Feb. 2 that he would step down as Amazon’s CEO by the end of 2021. In the past several years he’s developed a wider footprint in and around the nation’s capital: In 2013 he purchased The Washington Post, and in 2017 he tapped Arlington, Va., as the location for Amazon’s second headquarters. 

It would not surprise me if the rest of the owners would like to see the Snyd gone.

56 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Snyder would be a fool not to sell--the vast majority of his net worth is in this team.  Perfect time to cash out for billions.  

And Bezos might over pay to make sure he lands the team. 

They’ll  need to change their name though. The Football team is probably safe. 

6 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I wonder about the conflict of interest with Amazon being involved in airing games/supposedly wanting a bigger chunk of that action. 

might be one of the reasons he's stepping down as CEO. It wouldn't eliminate the conflict, but it would reduce it quite a bit. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I wonder about the conflict of interest with Amazon being involved in airing games/supposedly wanting a bigger chunk of that action. 

I wonder about them buying the whole stinking league! OK, I’m kidding...... 

Kind of......

What an economic behemoth they have become!  I cannot fathom business when there are so many digits involved. They have changed the way we live. 

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Definitely smaller beans relatively speaking but is this any different from Michael Jordan owning the Charlotte Hornets while the Jordan Brand is plastered on every team’s jerseys?