Which team will J J Watt Choose ?

Which NFL Team will JJ Watt sign with ?  

341 members have voted

1. 1. Which Team will JJ Watt sign with ?

14 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

The only reason why I think GB even has a solid chance of landing him is because it’s basically where he grew up. As a kid growing up rooting for a team you have a chance to play for is a big motivator. 

Well, he won’t be afraid of the weather in Buffalo! 

Taxes? He can afford to pay them. Holding up that Lombardi Trophy makes it worth it! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, scuba guy said:

So if he goes to gb do they use the creative  accounting  dept

29 million over plus another 14mill equals zero over the cap

This is the main reason why I think he may not end up in GB, even if Watt wants to go to GB, GB may not want him because of the cap issues. 

4 minutes ago, scuba guy said:

So if he goes to gb do they use the creative  accounting  dept

29 million over plus another 14mill equals zero over the cap

I think they have until 3/17 to get under the cap. Restructures, etc would need to take place. Maybe watt takes a cap  friendly deal to go there with most of the hit next year. 

12 minutes ago, Iiiiiiiiive Got a Feeeelin said:

Okay and now he's just trolling fans, which i find kinda hilarious, "mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell" has people losing their minds.  yeah, id do it too probably just for fun

This is his first taste Of ever being “recruited”. I’m sure he’s enjoying the ride. He was a 2 star with barely any offers out of HS. Interestingly one of them was Wyoming. 

This is what the highly recruited HS kids do now, constantly putting out tweets to make college fan bases twist in the wind. 

7 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

The only reason why I think GB even has a solid chance of landing him is because it’s basically where he grew up. As a kid growing up rooting for a team you have a chance to play for is a big motivator. 

Watt has a house in Wisconsin currently and still spends time there in the off season. 

The mitochondria tweet, what is that supposed to mean? Makes me nervous about where his head is at.

He did have a great season only two years ago in 2018, 16 sacks and 7 forced fumbles.

But overall, he had 75 sacks in his first 5 seasons, and 26.5 sacks in the last five.

And yet, somehow I feel like he could have a monster 2021.

3 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

I’d love to see him here, but my guess would be GB, gotta try to win now.  Pitt with his bros might be fun, but that team is a ticking time bomb to 5 wins.

I’m guessing this is correct. At this point in his football career he’s not choosing a team because of two or three million difference on a contract deal. It will either be family or the dream of winning a super bowl. He’ll make plenty of money in endorsements etc. but he’s got to be dying to hold up a trophy. 

9 hours ago, Ray Stonada said:

The mitochondria tweet, what is that supposed to mean? Makes me nervous about where his head is at.

He did have a great season only two years ago in 2018, 16 sacks and 7 forced fumbles.

But overall, he had 75 sacks in his first 5 seasons, and 26.5 sacks in the last five.

And yet, somehow I feel like he could have a monster 2021.

The mitochondria research centers for disease are out of buffalo. Also I saw something with the same letters of buffalo bills are in his text/tweet which is pitching a little too far.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Saw a report on from the Pat Macafee show football today and they showed a tweet from a reporter “ close to Watts camp”” who apparently has had a lot of inside info before on him.  It stated his agent said they have multiple offers already and one on the table for a base of 14-16 mil per year. Still waiting for other offers tho.  So there will be a bidding contest for him and if money wasn’t going to a huge issue, why pit that out there’ even ?  Even macafee mentioned about wining being an issue but noted most guys will not foolishly turn down huge sums of money just to go somewhere with a “ chance” of winning a SB. Hard to turn down a shot at another 50 mil or so at the near end of your career.  

So the talk about his choice team having to have certain factors probably is true but to a very limited extent compared to how much he gets paid. If the number is already at 15 mil a year I just don’t  seer the Bills coming up with that , esp with our cap and other teams Having huge room.  It would really impact our ability to fill more needs ( we are not just one player away , plus we woiod ne cutti g others to pay Watts, creating more pressing needs ) in a year we didn’t expect such a cap hit. Any other normal year with the cap going up and I think it was really possible but we can’t even hold on to pieces like milano, and I don’t see Beane as a throw it all in for a one year shot type,of gm.  We need to be honest, still with talent gaps at the interior line, the d line , line backers ,tight end , and even the rb position ( tho adequate guards could answer that issue. Get one really good guard , an experienced tight end , and perhaps a second tier rusher that is a cap causality ( Clowney etc type) and fill the remainder gaps ( milanos position) thru the draft. Try to get past this next year without being in cap jail and then we can keep competitive as the fins will really be nipping at out heels , especially if they land Watson or Wilson. Going to be a year to depend on mcds coaching ability and not paying to win. Most really highly paid stars like watt never reproduce what they did as younger players. Other than QB,ITS A YOUNG MANS GAME, and rarely does one DE transform a d from middle of the road to top five. I think it’s about finding guys on the verge of being really good and not just always going for stars. Diggs was in the verge and was a great , young acquirement. Still has years left ahead and not a injury concern aging player. Anyhow hearing the numbers Watts people are letting out , it’s still about money and we are just not in the best position THIS year to shoot for a big name with a big price tag. We were a game away.  We need some young finds like a white at lb , and we need Frazier to be more creative. Kc had our d figured out and so dd the colts. Throwing the three deep,safety look that Tb threw at KC was risky but new and paid off. We need that creativity as our d was too predictable. Also need our run game fixed as we found being one dimensional still left us way behind KC.  We can do that with one good guard pick up and draft another one in case Ford doesn’t work out.  Will be shocked if we .land watt at what he still thinks he is worth. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I go back and forth, I do think buffalo has a legit chance mainly because we don't have Rodgers. I feel like a guy like watt doesn't want to go to team and be joining a Rodgers legacy or a Brady legacy. I think the bills is kinda a perfect match cuz Allen isn't a household name yet. The bills are already contenders, he could join, go to a super bowl win and its looked like watt took them there, and no rogers legacy to shadow his. 

You go to the super bowl with Rodgers/Brady they are winning sb mvp no matter what, and you "helped" them win another sb.  you come to bills and win, its looked as hes the savior and for sure getting sb mvp.

Or I could be completely wrong and watt wants a super bowl more than anything and signs with who thinks will win.

Edited by Norcalbillsfan

52 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

Saw a report on from the Pat Macafee show football today and they showed a tweet from a reporter “ close to Watts camp”” who apparently has had a lot of inside info before on him.  It stated his agent said they have multiple offers already and one on the table for a base of 14-16 mil per year. Still waiting for other offers tho.  So there will be a bidding contest for him and if money wasn’t going to a huge issue, why pit that out there’ even ?  Even macafee mentioned about wining being an issue but noted most guys will not foolishly turn down huge sums of money just to go somewhere with a “ chance” of winning a SB. Hard to turn down a shot at another 50 mil or so at the near end of your career.  

So the talk about his choice team having to have certain factors probably is true but to a very limited extent compared to how much he gets paid. If the number is already at 15 mil a year I just don’t  seer the Bills coming up with that , esp with our cap and other teams Having huge room.  It would really impact our ability to fill more needs ( we are not just one player away , plus we woiod ne cutti g others to pay Watts, creating more pressing needs ) in a year we didn’t expect such a cap hit. Any other normal year with the cap going up and I think it was really possible but we can’t even hold on to pieces like milano, and I don’t see Beane as a throw it all in for a one year shot type,of gm.  We need to be honest, still with talent gaps at the interior line, the d line , line backers ,tight end , and even the rb position ( tho adequate guards could answer that issue. Get one really good guard , an experienced tight end , and perhaps a second tier rusher that is a cap causality ( Clowney etc type) and fill the remainder gaps ( milanos position) thru the draft. Try to get past this next year without being in cap jail and then we can keep competitive as the fins will really be nipping at out heels , especially if they land Watson or Wilson. Going to be a year to depend on mcds coaching ability and not paying to win. Most really highly paid stars like watt never reproduce what they did as younger players. Other than QB,ITS A YOUNG MANS GAME, and rarely does one DE transform a d from middle of the road to top five. I think it’s about finding guys on the verge of being really good and not just always going for stars. Diggs was in the verge and was a great , young acquirement. Still has years left ahead and not a injury concern aging player. Anyhow hearing the numbers Watts people are letting out , it’s still about money and we are just not in the best position THIS year to shoot for a big name with a big price tag. We were a game away.  We need some young finds like a white at lb , and we need Frazier to be more creative. Kc had our d figured out and so dd the colts. Throwing the three deep,safety look that Tb threw at KC was risky but new and paid off. We need that creativity as our d was too predictable. Also need our run game fixed as we found being one dimensional still left us way behind KC.  We can do that with one good guard pick up and draft another one in case Ford doesn’t work out.  Will be shocked if we .land watt at what he still thinks he is worth. 

No football team in the nfl has depth at every position or even great starters af every position.

Buffalo has needs just like everybody else in the NFL and the cap being lower this season it hurts all the clubs.

I doubt bills will over pay for an old guy tho. Id take watt for sure but not break the bank for him.

• Like (+1) 1

I was a big JJ Watt fan. Not many players I can say that about outside the Bills. But salary cap is salary cap. As almost all of us, Id like him to be on the  Bills, but so many needs right now. A pass rushing DE certainly is one of them! But maybe not at that price tag...