Which team will J J Watt Choose ?

Which NFL Team will JJ Watt sign with ?  

341 members have voted

1. 1. Which Team will JJ Watt sign with ?

22 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Barrett and Williams are younger (need run stopping as well).  David is slightly younger but not as beat up. 

weo, I love those two guys too, but I don’t see us finding $19 mil. Which is what it would most likely cost for these guys.  Ngokue too.

Von is coming from persons not paying attention.  It’s already been said on injuries, getting older and under police investigations.  That’s along the line of a snowball in ...

I seriously doubt GB as they are already -$4.5 mil, have a boat load of URFA’s and just don’t see it.  So is Pitt.  If a team friendly deal to get OT a winner, I stand that Cleveland is probably the front runner.  He gets to play opposite Garrett.  No more double teams on him for a team that is closing in on probably competing with Baltimore for the North.  Pittsburgh has an old QB, three, I repeat three starting O Lineman gone, and several other expensive players to figure out including Watt’s brother in TJ.  We have a chance if he wants to be with us for say $12-13 mil. but we’ll find out how much does he really want a championship vs. a payday, but on a good team.  Our offense is far superior to the Browns, not in the run, but the more important aspect, the pass.  That’s not changing.

Watt could be the savior with the most rabid fan base in the country as edge rusher is what we need.  If we had him at the right price, along with Hughes probably showing improvement over an already very good season and a secondary that could lock people down.

Don't forget with Star back, Oliver and Edmunds immediately should look better.  We’ll see if he really wants to be a champion, or on a very good team  that might get farther in the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

28 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

weo, I love those two guys too, but I don’t see us finding $19 mil. Which is what it would most likely cost for these guys.  Ngokue too.

Von is coming from persons not paying attention.  It’s already been said on injuries, getting older and under police investigations.  That’s along the line of a snowball in ...

I seriously doubt GB as they are already -$4.5 mil, have a boat load of URFA’s and just don’t see it.  So is Pitt.  If a team friendly deal to get OT a winner, I stand that Cleveland is probably the front runner.  He gets to play opposite Garrett.  No more double teams on him for a team that is closing in on probably competing with Baltimore for the North.  Pittsburgh has an old QB, three, I repeat three starting O Lineman gone, and several other expensive players to figure out including Watt’s brother in TJ.  We have a chance if he wants to be with us for say $12-13 mil. but we’ll find out how much does he really want a championship vs. a payday, but on a good team.  Our offense is far superior to the Browns, not in the run, but the more important aspect, the pass.  That’s not changing.

Watt could be the savior with the most rabid fan base in the country as edge rusher is what we need.  If we had him at the right price, along with Hughes probably showing improvement over an already very good season and a secondary that could lock people down.

Don't forget with Star back, Oliver and Edmunds immediately should look better.  We’ll see if he really wants to be a champion, or on a very good team  that might get farther in the playoffs.

Estimates are that Watt will command 12 million per season.  24 million for 2 seasons (max, I would think) and it may be a decent value if he plays every game.  Hughes is old too--will be 33 net season.  So both of these guys would be gone in 2 years likely.   Barrett would be worth the money given his younger age.

I have little confidence Star shows up in appropriate shape.  He's been sitting around for what will be nearly 18 months.  He's pushing 32 and on what is likely his last contract.  How motivated is he to play at this point?  Oliver and Edmunds are going to have to start looking better (i.e., like 1st round picks in their 3rd/4th seasons) on their own.

12 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Estimates are that Watt will command 12 million per season.  24 million for 2 seasons (max, I would think) and it may be a decent value if he plays every game.  Hughes is old too--will be 33 net season.  So both of these guys would be gone in 2 years likely.   Barrett would be worth the money given his younger age.

I have little confidence Star shows up in appropriate shape.  He's been sitting around for what will be nearly 18 months.  He's pushing 32 and on what is likely his last contract.  How motivated is he to play at this point?  Oliver and Edmunds are going to have to start looking better (i.e., like 1st round picks in their 3rd/4th seasons) on their own.

Sound points.  I agree the top guys, ie. Barrett would be worth it.   That is a Diggs move I could get incredible excited about just like McD and Frazier.  How Cooke would it be to have that talent in a team that just went 13-3?

He could be here for the next 6+ years wreaking havoc on opposing offenses.  As an aside, I know Hughes is getting older, but as the #2 guy who isn’t missing games and hasn’t in all he does dropped off ostensibly would benefit.  I don’t see him here in two years either.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, machine gun kelly said:

Sound points.  I agree the top guys, ie. Barrett would be worth it.   That is a Diggs move I could get incredible excited about just like McD and Frazier.  How Cooke would it be to have that talent in a team that just went 13-3?

He could be here for the next 6+ years wreaking havoc on opposing offenses.  As an aside, I know Hughes is getting older, but as the #2 guy who isn’t missing games and hasn’t in all he does dropped off ostensibly would benefit.  I don’t see him here in two years either.

Locked on NFL guys called Shaq Barrett “FA fools gold.”

• Shocked 1

20 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

The real question is, if Watt chooses the Bills. How long will it take for the first comment to make him a TE? 

You just did.  I’m just kidding Iron.  The real question is did you actually listen to that music decades ago?  I thought it was cool the second 300 movie had it as their song.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Locked on NFL guys called Shaq Barrett “FA fools gold.”

Probably.

Thats why I’m not expecting any of the guys I mentioned.  It would be great but not feasible.

2 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

You just did.  I’m just kidding Iron.  The real question is did you actually listen to that music decades ago?  I thought it was cool the second 300 movie had it as their song.

Ive been listening to them since the 90s, but I like all kinds of music. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

Just now, Big Blitz said:

Do the Packers even have a DC?

Will Aaron Rodgers be there beyond this season? 

If he wants the best "program," it's right here.  

Frazier, McD, this fan base, and we're SB contenders....perfect fit JJ.  

The only reason why I think GB even has a solid chance of landing him is because it’s basically where he grew up. As a kid growing up rooting for a team you have a chance to play for is a big motivator. 

3 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

The only reason why I think GB even has a solid chance of landing him is because it’s basically where he grew up. As a kid growing up rooting for a team you have a chance to play for is a big motivator. 

I would add that they are a top SB contender with MVP QB

• Like (+1) 1