Which team will J J Watt Choose ?

Which NFL Team will JJ Watt sign with ?  

341 members have voted

1. 1. Which Team will JJ Watt sign with ?

22 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Imagine yourself, an avid life-long Bills fan, grew up in WNY, superstar DE, went to UB, love the Bills through and through. 

Then you get drafted to the Cardinals, and have a great career out in the desert. Make tons of money, get some accolades, but the team is bad now. Eventually, you ask for and secure your release. 

You can sign anywhere, and the Bills are suddenly a great team, 1 game away (and maybe 1 defensive playmaker away) from winning that first Super Bowl you used to dream of as a kid. 

Minus the first super Bowl and suddenly being good teams parts, Watt is in that position with Green Bay right now. 

So, Your saying there is a chance?!!!........................

I said Cleveland.  Why?

He would play opposite Myles Garrett, they have $, they have talent, they won a playoff game, and could make their defense punishing even if he doesn’t get 16 sacks.

GB, PITT, and some others are pipe dreams.  They don’t have the $.  Buffalo is a good choice for him, but we are tight on the cap and we need to extend people.  You can only restructure, reduce, or remove so many.

Id say no on Tampa, because if you were them, they already have Suh and JPP getting older on that line, so why wouldn’t they invest in extending Barrett who is much younger and a destructive force.  Light is not dumb.  They also have a bunch of others as URFA’s.  If they cut anyone or not extend, it’s going to be the guys over 30.

I don't love Watt as a personality, but he does offer something we need. Earlier this year my dad texted me saying we are great but we don't have a Bruce. Watt would give us that guy that the offense always has to be aware of, in big games, when he can turn it on. He could create some fear, and we don't have a guy like that in our front seven... 

4 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I said Cleveland.  Why?

He would play opposite Myles Garrett, they have $, they have talent, they won a playoff game, and could make their defense punishing even if he doesn’t get 16 sacks.

GB, PITT, and some others are pipe dreams.  They don’t have the $.  Buffalo is a good choice for him, but we are tight on the cap and we need to extend people.  You can only restructure, reduce, or remove so many.

Id say no on Tampa, because if you were them, they already have Suh and JPP getting older on that line, so why wouldn’t they invest in extending Barrett who is much younger and a destructive force.  Light is not dumb.  They also have a bunch of others as URFA’s.  If they cut anyone or not extend, it’s going to be the guys over 30.

plus think of all the TV commercial opportunities with Baker

2 minutes ago, Nick the Greek said:

Am I the only one that thinks Watt is like 5 years past his prime? 

yea, he was a superstar at his one point, but at this point in his career I feel like he wouldn’t be worth the money.

He’d be our best pass rusher and is great vs the run, can move all around the line and was the most double teamed edge rusher in the league last season....sure, he’s past his prime, but he’s still a very good to great player imo. 

well worth it, especially for how we are currently constructed 

Edited by NewEra

24 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

GB.  Let them pay for his tail end.

I think he’ll end up in GB too, but I think he’s be well worth a 1-2 year deal to come to Buffalo.

Seems like you don’t think he’s worth it.  What are your opinions on how we should attack improving our pass rush?  Any free agents or prospects that you’d be angling for in particular?

2 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

No way Barrett is cheaper. The others could oddly be comparable, due to age.

If a deal could be crafted to escalate with production and games played, just his presence would be beneficial to the defense. The reality is he'll get 2 or 3 with big money guaranteed. 

6 hours ago, Greg S said:

I think he goes home. Went with GB.

I think that GB would be his first choice, but I don’t think they can afford him.  It should be announced soon.  FWIH his agent has squeezed all the money he can out of suitors.  Now it is just up to Watt to take his pick of the honest offers.  My best guess is Cleveland followed by Buffalo.  But I don’t have any insight on that part of it.  TB would be smart for a shot at a ring obviously.  Watt is very private and has kept his cards very close to his vest on this so everything out there is just speculation. 

6 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Green Bay or Buffalo.  I went with Green Bay because I’m a Bills fan and still conditioned to think we can’t have nice things.  

Well the jury is still out if JJ is still considered a "nice thing." He's a name ill give you that.

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

Love to see him elsewhere. Shaq Barrett, Hendrickson, Judon and Reddick are all cheaper, younger and better health options. 

I bet he takes less money than all but Reddick, he will give up a little cash to ensure his team can win.

7 hours ago, Maynard said:

I’m leaning towards Green Bay or Buffalo. Green Bay more so. 

Between those options I hope it’s Green Bay. In the last 5 years he has 26.5 sacks, and 16 of those came in one season 3 years ago. In the last 2 years he has only 9 sacks. If you say “well, he was hurt one of those years and missed games”, I will respond “again”. 

I’m NOT opposed to signing him, I’m just opposed to overpaying or not protecting the team financially in case he IS washed up or injured again. I trust our FO to get this right. 

8 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

I voted other

I think he is old washed up and prone to injury

But he is also a prima donna and craves attention so where ever he signs he will need to be the biggest star there.

Right, he was just the most double teamed DE in the NFL, and still had a top 10 pressure rate.