Which team will J J Watt Choose ?

Which NFL Team will JJ Watt sign with ?  

341 members have voted

1. 1. Which Team will JJ Watt sign with ?

1 hour ago, dje85 said:

I think he goes to the highest bidder which will be the Browns.

I don’t really see money being his driving force. It is part of the equation and he may take 10-20% less to play where he believes he has a chance at a ring. 
GB

Buffalo 

Tampa (what is their cap like?!)

Dallas

Pitt ( if they did something very “unPitts” and traded for Watson).

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

I think he goes home. Went with GB.

How’s he going to GB?  They are 29M over the cap and I don’t see them clearing the 50-60M needed to sign Watt, Draft picks and other free agents.  Rodgers sure isn’t going to give them a discount.  It might be where he wants to go but he would need to accept a massive home town discount for it to happen.  

Cleveland.  They have the most money, he also gets to form a dominant duo with Garrett.  They have crazy fans who will love him.  

Buffalo has the benefit of a better QB and he would instantly be the "face" of our defense.  Bean would have to sell him on how he will improve other areas of the defense, however.  (are we going to still target Yannick, who is our 1T, etc).  

1 hour ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Green Bay or Buffalo.  I went with Green Bay because I’m a Bills fan and still conditioned to think we can’t have nice things.  

I think we can have nice things.  If not for Cleveland, I think the Bills are #2.  We could also land him due to the "process" and McD selling him on a rapid defensive improvement.  

GB = Wisc boy, his boyhood dream, just need to make cap space - the favorite landing spot for multiple reasons

Tenn - contender, solid QB, no state tax - they can use Clowneys cap space for him - choice # 2

his two bros play for Pitt - but one plays his position and the qb situation is unclear and they got cap issues - so...NO

The Bills - the bronze medal winner I am afraid 

Clev would be a shocker ?!?!

Edited by First Round Bust

I suppose it's possible he's agreed to a deal with Buffalo, but they informed him they need to make some moves first to free up cap space.  Could be right now as we speak Beane is trying to extend some existing contracts first, then he'll have a better idea who needs to actually cut.  On;y then will the Wat signing be announced. 

Likely too the above scenario could apply to just about any other team too.  A deal has been worked out, but waiting to actually sign.

you kinda figured there would be a majority of Buffalo votes, but in reality I think that's wishful thinking.  It boils down to whether or not McBean thinks the team is one player away from the superbowl or not, and I'm fairly sure nobody thinks this team is one JJ Watt away from a championship.  On top of that, JJ himself also has a say in where he'd like to play and I still think he want to play a few seasons with Rodgers in Green Bay.

Imagine yourself, an avid life-long Bills fan, grew up in WNY, superstar DE, went to UB, love the Bills through and through. 

Then you get drafted to the Cardinals, and have a great career out in the desert. Make tons of money, get some accolades, but the team is bad now. Eventually, you ask for and secure your release. 

You can sign anywhere, and the Bills are suddenly a great team, 1 game away (and maybe 1 defensive playmaker away) from winning that first Super Bowl you used to dream of as a kid. 

Minus the first super Bowl and suddenly being good teams parts, Watt is in that position with Green Bay right now. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2