BOOMer schooner

Buffalo716

10 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

😶😤🤬🤕🥴😵

In the bathroom of an OU bar.

Love the guy who plucks at the MMA dude's shirt while casually stepping over him, holding his drink.

Jones is claiming through his lawyer that he was just an innocent victim of circumstance, "trying to be a peacekeeper" when he was assaulted.

http://www.oudaily.com/sports/ou-football-holder-spencer-jones-recovering-lucky-he-didn-t-lose-the-eye-altogether-after/article_7e1b9f0a-73fc-11eb-b708-73dbdcb9820c.html

Glass also said the cause of the altercation is still murky, but that Jones was “trying to be a peacekeeper.”

The video begins with Jones telling his assailant to “Get the f*** out of here,” before the perpetrator wiped blood from his face on Jones and initiated his attack.

“He was trying to de-escalate that situation,” Glass told The Daily. “But unfortunately, it wasn’t de-escalated despite his best efforts, and he became the victim of this vicious assault you’ve seen.”

Kind of leaves out some points where Jones buddy shoved the "perpetrator", how did the "perpetrator" get blood on his face, who is saying "look at ME, B word?" and since when is "Get the ***** out of here" to a guy one of you shoves "de-escalating"?

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

In the bathroom of an OU bar.

Love the guy who plucks at the MMA dude's shirt while casually stepping over him, holding his drink.

Jones is claiming through his lawyer that he was just an innocent victim of circumstance, "trying to be a peacekeeper" when he was assaulted.

http://www.oudaily.com/sports/ou-football-holder-spencer-jones-recovering-lucky-he-didn-t-lose-the-eye-altogether-after/article_7e1b9f0a-73fc-11eb-b708-73dbdcb9820c.html

Kind of leaves out some points where Jones buddy shoved the "perpetrator", how did the "perpetrator" get blood on his face, who is saying "look at ME, B word?" and since when is "Get the ***** out of here" to a guy one of you shoves "de-escalating"?

I don’t know on this one, there seems to be some moving parts that we don’t have the answer to.  

Also seems to me the guy with the MMA experience should have walked, as they are typically taught in those situations.  Things can get very ugly in those situations very quickly, and that before the police get involved.  

To his credit—he is, however, a very good closer.  

• Agree 1

The OU players fought a pair of brothers. NEVER fight brothers. This is basic playground survival we're supposed to learn at an early age.

At 0:03 when the dude asks his brother "which one do you want?", it's over. Get out of there.

And no, the players weren't trying to de-escalate. They just didnt expect to run into townies with better sports experience (wrestling/mma) than they had. If they were trying to keep the peace, they wouldnt have shoved him.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

At 0:03 when the dude asks his brother "which one do you want?", it's over. Get out of there.

Yep. He even had a slight smirk as if he knew how easy it was going to be. 

I learned MANY years ago that in life, you often just don't know who you are f%$#*&g around with.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

LOL...trying to keep the peace after shoving them?

They made their bed and now they slept in it....in an abrasive way.

I hate this ****.  You start the fight and you want to play the victim just because you got handled?  Man the F up....I'm glad it was on video where everyone can see.

They're lucky it was these brothers had some restraint.  I know some dudes that would have seriously beat these guys down badly.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I hate this ****.  You start the fight and you want to play the victim just because you got handled?  Man the F up....I'm glad it was on video where everyone can see.

They're lucky it was these brothers had some restraint.  I know some dudes that would have seriously beat these guys down badly.

I think that one had quite a bit more restraint than the other. 🤨🙂

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Considering even with restraint, one of the guys needed 3 hrs of surgery to piece the orbital bones around his eye together and save his eye....one wonders what "lack of restraint" would look like

But yeah, no, "Get the ***** out" "Look at me B word, look at me B word" and a shove is not how you try to keep the peace.

7 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I don’t know on this one, there seems to be some moving parts that we don’t have the answer to. 

Yep.  The MMA guy says "YES, there was something that occurred prior to the start of the video as my nose doesn't bleed for no reason"

Also seems to me the guy with the MMA experience should have walked, as they are typically taught in those situations.  Things can get very ugly in those situations very quickly, and that before the police get involved. 

Seems to me there's a pile of baloney on both sides.  The MMA guy saying to his brother "which one you want?", they had their back to the bathroom door and could potentially have walked?  On the other hand, like he said "my nose doesn't bleed for no reason", those OU guys claiming they're "peacekeeping" and got attacked, yeah right. 

I hope it gets sorted OK.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/3349630/spencer-jones-bathroom-brawl-update-his-lawyer-says-he-was-trying-to-be-a-peacekeeper.-the-guy-who-beat-the-bag-out-of-him-begs-to-differ

I just find it hard to believe from the video that he was trying to "de-escalate" the situation, based on what we've seen. In 1906 Teddy Roosevelt won the Nobel Peace Prize for negotiating an end to the Russo-Japanese War. And if he began the Treaty of Portsmouth by standing over Tsar Nicholas and telling him "Get the ***** out of" Manchuria, it's news to me. 

Maybe playing peacekeeper was exactly what Jones was going for. Videos can be deceiving. It's just that diplomacy that starts with a guy whose nose is bleeding being told to "get the ***** out" of a filthy, piss covered men's room and then shoved, rarely results in its desired outcome. Usually in that case, someone is getting a urine bath. In this case, it was Jones and whoever was standing by him. 

Just to get rid of the misconceptions, I’m the fellow in the beanie and that is my brother. We ARE NOT wrestlers at any university, we have been wrestling since we were in diapers and MMA/Cage Fighting since we were 12. They gave us no options unfortunately. We showed restraint.

— Braden Brown (@bbrownfr) February 20, 2021

That Braden Brown and his brother were given "no options," is in the eye of the beholder. That they "showed restraint"? That's a little tough to swallow, given the total and absolute beat down they put on those guys. But what do I know about what cage fighting since they were 12 makes them capable of. Maybe this was them at about a 4, and you don't want to see them at about a 9. 

"Maybe this was them at about a 4, and you don't want to see them at about a 9"

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Considering even with restraint, one of the guys needed 3 hrs of surgery to piece the orbital bones around his eye together and save his eye....one wonders what "lack of restraint" would look like

But yeah, no, "Get the ***** out" "Look at me B word, look at me B word" and a shove is not how you try to keep the peace.

I know some guys that would have ground and pounded those guys until their lights were out, concussed and probably a few broken bones on the face.  I don't like those guys and don't hang out with them.

I've trained for years and I've only had to use it once when I was bouncing at a bar.

I think the MMA guys were in the right.  But me, I don't like throwing punches unless it's absolutely necessary. 

• It's bone on bone and that's where severe injuries can happen.  Especially if the guy knows how to throw a punch.  Then of course....lawsuits.
  • You hit the guy right, he falls back and skull fracture.  I've seen it happen and I'm not even sure if the guy survived (didn't follow up).
  • I could break my own hand and then I've got to finish the fight with only one useful hand.
  • Grappling will fatigue the other fighter and then they become easy to control.

I have no issue with what the MMA guys did but me, I would have just locked the guy down and probably not throw a punch.  You can make them miserable in top position.  But I also have to consider, Spencer Jones is a big, strong athlete....maybe punches were necessary. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I know some guys that would have ground and pounded those guys until their lights were out, concussed and probably a few broken bones on the face.  I don't like those guys and don't hang out with them.

I've trained for years and I've only had to use it once when I was bouncing at a bar.

I think the MMA guys were in the right.  But me, I don't like throwing punches unless it's absolutely necessary. 

• It's bone on bone and that's where severe injuries can happen.  Especially if the guy knows how to throw a punch.  Then of course....lawsuits.
  • You hit the guy right, he falls back and skull fracture.  I've seen it happen and I'm not even sure if the guy survived (didn't follow up).
  • I could break my own hand and then I've got to finish the fight with only one useful hand.
  • Grappling will fatigue the other fighter and then they become easy to control.

I have no issue with what the MMA guys did but me, I would have just locked the guy down and probably not throw a punch.  You can make them miserable in top position.  But I also have to consider, Spencer Jones is a big, strong athlete....maybe punches were necessary. 

Wax on wax off 

23 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The OU players fought a pair of brothers. NEVER fight brothers. This is basic playground survival we're supposed to learn at an early age.

THIS.  Anyone who didn't learn this growing up never got in a fight.  Even if they aren't trained they will absolutely ***** your ***** up as best they can because something about that bond just takes things to another level.  Another reason why domestics are the worst.

2 hours ago, LeviF91 said:

THIS.  Anyone who didn't learn this growing up never got in a fight.  Even if they aren't trained they will absolutely ***** your ***** up as best they can because something about that bond just takes things to another level.  Another reason why domestics are the worst.

If you think brothers will fight hard for each other, what about the guy that rides you as much as his horse?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacred_Band_of_Thebes

The Sacred Band of Thebes (Ancient Greek: Ἱερὸς Λόχος, Hieròs Lókhos) was a troop of select soldiers, consisting of 150 pairs of male lovers which formed the elite force of the Theban army in the 4th century BC, ending Spartan domination. Its predominance began with its crucial role in the Battle of Leuctra in 371 BC. It was annihilated by Philip II of Macedon in the Battle of Chaeronea in 338 BC.

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If you think brothers will fight hard for each other, what about the guy that rides you as much as his horse?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacred_Band_of_Thebes

The Sacred Band of Thebes (Ancient Greek: Ἱερὸς Λόχος, Hieròs Lókhos) was a troop of select soldiers, consisting of 150 pairs of male lovers which formed the elite force of the Theban army in the 4th century BC, ending Spartan domination. Its predominance began with its crucial role in the Battle of Leuctra in 371 BC. It was annihilated by Philip II of Macedon in the Battle of Chaeronea in 338 BC.

Really gives new meaning to "ride or die."

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.